Wortman Leaves Oak Ridge

ultimatewarrior

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares until they actually start getting in the process

I would say a lot of people care. Oak Ridge is a high profile position that pays better then most small colleges. Also, Oak Ridge has the best freshmen class in East Tennessee besides Science Hill. So I would say a lot of coaches would care greatly about this job openning.

My guess for frontrunners would be Coach Buck from Stone Memorial, Shane Wells from CAK (doubt he would leave though), Jesse Rodd from Clinton :cry: and of course Stix from Karns :cry:.

did wortman get the blackmon or riverdale job, is that why he left? oak ridge 8th grade class is also very talented. i look for someone that put in last year but didnt get the job to get it this time.

Blackman

I assume he wanted to be back in Middle Tn. Good luck..Oak Ridge is a good job

So you think Oak Ridge should hire an ASSISTANT MIDDLE SCHOOL COACH to run their HIGH SCHOOL program??

No their just being funny. Oak Ridge will make a good hire. I really feel Coach Buck would be a great hire, I also feel Raul would be a great fit, but he would have to take care of the teaching license thing that gave him problems this past year, Im not truly sure what all it was. Oak Ridge will be such a great place for one of these guys. The young talent is there, plus one of the best incoming freshmen I have seen, plus there is a 7th grade group at Robertsville that will be tremendous as well.

Here is an interesting name for the OR job. Steve Shipley!!!!!! Something to think about for all you soothsayers.

Wow! But how long would he stay? Steve Shipley is great coach, I still remember his Dobyns-Bennett teams of the early 90's. However he doesn't stay long at places, Centennial, Brentwood Academy just to name a few others.

If they are serious about landing a big time winning coach why not go after Ken Cutlip from Science Hill. This guy is for real Great Coach. Just a thought. Probably not even on the Oak Ridge radar. But he would be if I was looking for a great coach with ties to the East TN area. I'm sure he is content in his current situation especially with the returning talent.

If they are serious about landing a big time winning coach why not go after Ken Cutlip from Science Hill. This guy is for real Great Coach. Just a thought. Probably not even on the Oak Ridge radar. But he would be if I was looking for a great coach with ties to the East TN area. I'm sure he is content in his current situation especially with the returning talent.

I doubt Ken Cutlip would leave Science Hill for Oak Ridge. The pay is about the same (for coaches anyway), great community support, great feeder program, and he's from the area. I think he played at University School. I could be wrong (if I am I'm sure someone will correct me), but, I keep hearing Aaron Green's name as the frontrunner. Coach Buck would do great there as well. In my opinion, should've gotten the job the first time.