Morristown West Basketball Open

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Derek Creech is the front runner. He should have been a high school coach by now, but the leadership at East passed on him last year.

It would not be a surprise to a lot of folks if he got it. He's a great coach and would do a great job with the kids at West.

If, for some reason, the administration passed on Creech, look for another young up and coming coach to fill the position.

Would not be surprised at all if several coaches around the area inquire about the job since there is talent in place and more coming through the middle and elementary schools right now.

Dark horse candidates could be Rick Sinard at Jefferson County or Jeremy Parrott at Cherokee. Could be a Knoxville area coach or two interested as well.

I agree Derek Creech is the front runner. He should have been a high school coach by now, but the leadership at East passed on him last year.

It would not be a surprise to a lot of folks if he got it. He's a great coach and would do a great job with the kids at West.

If, for some reason, the administration passed on Creech, look for another young up and coming coach to fill the position.

Would not be surprised at all if several coaches around the area inquire about the job since there is talent in place and more coming through the middle and elementary schools right now.

Dark horse candidates could be Rick Sinard at Jefferson County or Jeremy Parrott at Cherokee. Could be a Knoxville area coach or two interested as well.

I think East made a pretty good decision last year, Creech definitely did not deserve that job more than Berquist. What is Creech's resume? What makes him a high school head coaching candidate? Not being negative, just asking because I know nothing about him.

I know this may sound crazy btu the one guy whose name has been under the radar for a couple of years is J.D. Lambert. He knows the league as is respected by the other coaches in the district. I know the other coaches would not want him to get this job. When he stepped down at Central more than 2 of the head coaches tried to hire him to be their assistants.

I think Stix is the frontrunner.... If he gets it I want to be his assistant though

Well since the deadline for apps was yesterday we should find out soon who will be the front runners for the job.. I know coach creech ( asst coach at walters state) is in the mix.. not heard to much about stix name being mentioned up that way.. I know both have applied for the job but no news on which way it will go!