Lawrence County - Lady Warrior Southern Classic Champions

Weave

Lawrence County has a good team,although I'm completely baffled by their lone loss.(2-1 to a 2-9-1 Tullahoma squad at home?)

You are not the only one baffled by that loss,Law co ladies are a good team ! i believe them ladies can pull it together if they can get a little support from the men in charge !!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawrence County has a good team,although I'm completely baffled by their lone loss.(2-1 to a 2-9-1 Tullahoma squad at home?)

You are not the only one baffled by that loss,Law co ladies are a good team ! i believe them ladies can pull it together if they can get a little support from the men in charge !!

Guys don't be baffled by the loss. Yes we are a very young team with only 3 seniors. Think you guys come into the game after a 17 run win the night before and felt like it should be another easy win. We are young with a sophmore and a freshman pitcher. But what we do have is a good defence and as it was that night we played a error free game with a freshman pitcher. Yes you do have a good team but as we know, never take any team lightly. Our district losses are 5 to 4, 2 to 1, 3 to 2 and 5 to 2. Not bad for a young team. There is still a lot of great softball yet to be played. Good luck to all.......... :thumb:

Folks you are missin the whole picture, the name of the tournament was the, “Lady Indian Southern Classic” now when you put your name on a tourney you know as well as I do that they aint goin be travelin very far. Plus they still charge the host teams $150 to be in the tourney, this is a $$$$$$ makin event for these folks and they did that!

We are used to goin to tourneys where most of the schools are on one site and you just swap fields. Parents don’t have to move their stuff very far and don’t have to move their cars or try and find a place to park at the next school. Then they don’t have to keep up with that ticket.

So you folks need to get off of the “Big Man and Weave” and remember it was all about makin $$$$$ for their school. Think about it folks why else would you put on a tourney that size cause you aint got nothin else to do? That is one reason folks don’t like to go to the Huntsville tourney because you have to travel all over Huntsville to play.

So great business plan their fellows and you know how to make that $$$$$! But be careful cause the T$$AA is watchin how we run our tourneys here in the mid state and their idea of a tourney aint playin at 50 locations for a whole week, but if you can find a crack in the rules I guess just go for it! :thumb:

Folks you are missin the whole picture, the name of the tournament was the, “Lady Indian Southern Classic” now when you put your name on a tourney you know as well as I do that they aint goin be travelin very far. Plus they still charge the host teams $150 to be in the tourney, this is a $$$$$$ makin event for these folks and they did that!

We are used to goin to tourneys where most of the schools are on one site and you just swap fields. Parents don’t have to move their stuff very far and don’t have to move their cars or try and find a place to park at the next school. Then they don’t have to keep up with that ticket.

So you folks need to get off of the “Big Man and Weave” and remember it was all about makin $$$$$ for their school. Think about it folks why else would you put on a tourney that size cause you aint got nothin else to do? That is one reason folks don’t like to go to the Huntsville tourney because you have to travel all over Huntsville to play.

So great business plan their fellows and you know how to make that $$$$$! But be careful cause the T$$AA is watchin how we run our tourneys here in the mid state and their idea of a tourney aint playin at 50 locations for a whole week, but if you can find a crack in the rules I guess just go for it! :D

Cleverness is not one of your skill-sets. Doing your best to tear down other schools programs than your own under the guise of compliments dripping with sarcasm while trying to blow whistles to the TSSAA is childish to say the least. Obviously, you must be from my town and out of your league..... just look it up on my profile and the picture will be as clear as red.....pitiful.

So great business plan their fellows and you know how to make that $$$$$! But be careful cause the T$$AA is watchin how we run our tourneys here in the mid state and their idea of a tourney aint playin at 50 locations for a whole week, but if you can find a crack in the rules I guess just go for it! :D

Cleverness is not one of your skill-sets. Doing your best to tear down other schools programs than your own under the guise of compliments dripping with sarcasm while trying to blow whistles to the TSSAA is childish to say the least. Obviously, you must be from my town and out of your league..... just look it up on my profile and the picture will be as clear as red.....pitiful.

When you can get schools to travel all over the Mid-state, get the home team to guarantee the $$$$$$ for the umpires and the home teams has to pay you $150.00 to be in your tourney is great business. So genius I don’t see how you can argue that point.

The next point is that these smart people over in the “Indian Reservation” have found a crack in them rules that the T$$AA have come up with about the number of games that a team can play in a year. Again good business sense! Here are the number of games that these “Indians” have played in the last five years as of April 12, even with them new rules that the T$$AA have put in place has not hurt them “Lady Indians”. The next school this year that is close to those “Lady Indians” is Soddy with 28 games and Beech with 20. Just some food for thought! Luv you genius maybe some soap could help your neck? :D

As of April 12, 2010 42 games

As of April 12, 2009 30 “

As of April 12, 2008 34 “

As of April 12, 2007 34 “

As of April 12, 2006 34

Each host site for our tournament made over $1,000 profit to put into their own programs. How many times have you ever attended another schools tournament, made money and played home games? The host schools seemed to really enjoy the format.

As far as number of games go, please look at the weather over the past few years and the weather this season. At the end of this season, most good teams are going to play 50 or more games.

As far as our tournament goes, each host site has very good facilities. My question has always been why play at parks when each high school in our area has great fields to play on. We followed baseballs lead on the style and format of the tournament. The only drawback I can see is that we don't get to see all the coaches unless they came by the hotel and visited with us in the hospitality room.

The 2011 tournament that we host will be similar to this years format with probably some kind of elimination games on Sunday.

Thanks for your obsession with our games and tournament. We can use all the help we can get in making it better each year!

Thanks to all the teams that were in our tournament in 2010 and we look forward to seeing you in 2011!

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Softball

Each host site for our tournament made over $1,000 profit to put into their own programs. How many times have you ever attended another schools tournament, made money and played home games? The host schools seemed to really enjoy the format.

As far as number of games go, please look at the weather over the past few years and the weather this season. At the end of this season, most good teams are going to play 50 or more games.

As far as our tournament goes, each host site has very good facilities. My question has always been why play at parks when each high school in our area has great fields to play on. We followed baseballs lead on the style and format of the tournament. The only drawback I can see is that we don't get to see all the coaches unless they came by the hotel and visited with us in the hospitality room.

The 2011 tournament that we host will be similar to this years format with probably some kind of elimination games on Sunday.

Thanks for your obsession with our games and tournament. We can use all the help we can get in making it better each year!

Thanks to all the teams that were in our tournament in 2010 and we look forward to seeing you in 2011!

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Softball

If the good Lord is willin and the creek don't rise I hope to be then again and again, great business plan! :thumb: PS how much did you all make?

Jeff and Weave,

I thought it was a great format, I really enjoyed playing the full games. And if the snow hadn't hit and we hadn't had to make up a snow day on Good Friday, even going to Columbia wasn't a bad trip. All 3 parks we played at were exceptional and the umpires in M'boro did a good job. We got to see some good programs and played a lot of softball that weekend. Thanks for the invite and hope to see you again next year.

As of April 12, 2006 34

Don't penalize the Warriors for being a solid Softball program. They get most of there games because they always seem to hang around a long time on Saturdays when most of us have been sent home already. As far as this year is concerned, who would have ever thought that the Hendersonville Tourney would have been played Monday - Saturday uninterrupted by weather. I bet they added 15 games there.

As of April 12, 2006 34

Don't penalize the Warriors for being a solid Softball program. They get most of there games because they always seem to hang around a long time on Saturdays when most of us have been sent home already. As far as this year is concerned, who would have ever thought that the Hendersonville Tourney would have been played Monday - Saturday uninterrupted by weather. I bet they added 15 games there.

I am for playin more preseason games, more regular season games, and penalize anybody for doin so is on the dumb side if you ask me. All I am a sayin is a few years ago the T$$AA cut us back on preseason games, workouts and regular season games. They said that we were playin way to many games, so they took away the games and let us keep 5 tourneys. In the good ole days a tourney was at one site maybe two at the most and you got to see differenet teams a playin all at one site. You could have you parents set up tent out in the parkin lot you would be there all day. Now you better get you one of them GPS and start findin them parks. But with these teams a playin at different sites you dont get to see everyone like you used to. A tourney was for a couple of days and then folks started to make it a three day affair well heck now it is for a whole darn week and now the "Indians" are talked about ending it on Sunday. Not sure about high school playin on the "Lords Day". I know that them travel teams do but this ain't travel and we don't need to start playin on Sunday if you ask me when are we goin to let these kids be kids and enjoy some of the weekends?

I will state this one more time and I think that the "Indians" have a great business plan and are makin them some $$$$$! :thumb:

As of April 12, 2006 34

I am for playin more preseason games, more regular season games, and penalize anybody for doin so is on the dumb side if you ask me. All I am a sayin is a few years ago the T$$AA cut us back on preseason games, workouts and regular season games. They said that we were playin way to many games, so they took away the games and let us keep 5 tourneys. In the good ole days a tourney was at one site maybe two at the most and you got to see differenet teams a playin all at one site. You could have you parents set up tent out in the parkin lot you would be there all day. Now you better get you one of them GPS and start findin them parks. But with these teams a playin at different sites you dont get to see everyone like you used to. A tourney was for a couple of days and then folks started to make it a three day affair well heck now it is for a whole darn week and now the "Indians" are talked about ending it on Sunday. Not sure about high school playin on the "Lords Day". I know that them travel teams do but this ain't travel and we don't need to start playin on Sunday if you ask me when are we goin to let these kids be kids and enjoy some of the weekends?

I will state this one more time and I think that the "Indians" have a great business plan and are makin them some $$$$$! :roflol:

Come to Fly Park this weekend and see a real tourney at one spot with 6 fields...The Franklin/Sonic and we will have a true winner :thumb:

I will state this one more time and I think that the "Indians" have a great business plan and are makin them some $$$$$! :D

Come to Fly Park this weekend and see a real tourney at one spot with 6 fields...The Franklin/Sonic and we will have a true winner :thumb:

I will be there with my counter in my pocket! :roflol: