Good Effort Riverside!

MS24fan

First let me say, coming onto a board and bashing people and/or teams is very tasteless. Of course, coming from the same person that implied Ivy and Cat were token pitchers at TN in another thread, I do not expect any less. Most of your posts wreak of jealousy, and this one is no exception.

Let me assure you Robert Craft is a good man. He cares about his softball players and always has their best interest at heart. He coached my cousin from when she was in the 5th grade until she graduated. She would gladly vouch for him anyday. What's funny is that Craft is even quoted as saying that the other pitcher did a good job of moving the ball around on the mound, but you make no mention of that. Just because someone is confident in their teams abilities does not make them a jerk. Coming onto a message board and anonymously spewing venomous stuff towards someone instead makes YOU a jerk.

Quotes in newspapers get mangled most everyday because the reader does not know the question that was asked or the context in which it was said. Everyone involved with the Trinity softball team respects ALL of their opponents, from the parents to the players to the coaches. Hopefully next time you will show a little more of that RESPECT to other people.

First, I know the Jackson Sun is awful about getting quotes......but Brooke Kennedy is a great pitcher. IF the first coach of softball sticks around he will find out what it is like to play without two DI players on the team.

"Coming from good pitchers and good teams this weekend in Murfreesboro to playing here, it is a different mindset," Anna Renfroe said. "We didn't mentally prepare ourselves before the game and took this game lightly." Right from the mouth of TCA.....This was not from Anna. This is what her coach said and she is a good kid who believes him. If we are so easy, pitch and catch someone else COACH CRAFT.

So we are not good teams and we do not have good pitchers. WOW! Not that they did a great job....we weren't prepared. That's because your coach loads the bus packed before he gets to the championship game which could be two games. That's because your coach tells the team, "oh this is easy...30 minutes max." He is a jerk, good but a jerk. Who couldn't win with his talent? Can't wait til next year when he has normal signs like everyone else. Brooke Kennedy should be a DI sign if she held Hayley Elliot at bay. GO anyone playing RObert CRAFT!

It sure sounds like someone is a HATER! :lol: I would imagine your DD was looked over during the recruiting process at TCA creating all this HATE you seem to always show towards this school??? :lol: :lol:

:lol:

First, I know the Jackson Sun is awful about getting quotes......but Brooke Kennedy is a great pitcher. IF the first coach of softball sticks around he will find out what it is like to play without two DI players on the team.

"Coming from good pitchers and good teams this weekend in Murfreesboro to playing here, it is a different mindset," Anna Renfroe said. "We didn't mentally prepare ourselves before the game and took this game lightly." Right from the mouth of TCA.....This was not from Anna. This is what her coach said and she is a good kid who believes him. If we are so easy, pitch and catch someone else COACH CRAFT.

So we are not good teams and we do not have good pitchers. WOW! Not that they did a great job....we weren't prepared. That's because your coach loads the bus packed before he gets to the championship game which could be two games. That's because your coach tells the team, "oh this is easy...30 minutes max." He is a jerk, good but a jerk. Who couldn't win with his talent? Can't wait til next year when he has normal signs like everyone else. Brooke Kennedy should be a DI sign if she held Hayley Elliot at bay. GO anyone playing RObert CRAFT!

Sounds like someone is still holding a grudge from a regional playoff loss almost 3 years ago? You should be ashamed for posting somthing of that nature.

It was a newspaper article and I KNOW how the paper can be. I think I said that. I think TCA girls are great. I am a big Elliot fan. Think the Renfroe girls are fantastic. Craft has produced some of the best bats I have ever seen on the college level. Look at all his girls playing who bat on the collegiate level. He is a great coach. BUT I think Craft should have given those girls some credit for playing a great game. It was in the paper. Not one person said that they should have been given more credit. Not one..............and then the one post thing. Just think there are some good West TN teams. Why does everyone have to be jealous if they are not for Robert Craft? or a hater? Trinity didn't lose much. I think they will win state. Still I think that giving Riverside some credit would be a nice gesture. Hope all the other makes you feel better. I am ashamed...that because I spoke against Craft that someone would think that I was against the team. Ashamed that no one said those girls deserved credit. I am sure he is a great man. He is a great coach. He just isn't my favorite. As for recruiting, no she is not being overlooked. She is not being seen. I am just hoping that teams that play Trinity well will be regarded as girls who should be looked at by schools to be recruited. God speed and please forgive me as I meant no disregard to any of the team members. I just think that Trinity was played a good game by a good team. Ms Pratt and all of her team members deserve some applause. So sorry to voice an opinion of such. It would mean a lot to those girls.........JMO which obviously is not worth a plug nickel.

My question is this: How do you know they didn't give more credit? They could have told the reporter a lot more than the few quotes they put in there, and the one quote from him said that your pitcher did a good job and that the wind had an effect on both teams. I think if anything you should be upset with the reporter who decided to take that angle with the story and put those quotes in there, not Craft. I would bet you anything that the team and Craft realize that Riverside has a good team. They've proven that on the field the last few years.

My bad but I did preface it with...I know how papers can ber..... My only point, was for the girls.( and I apologize Craft is not my favorite) I do not care for quite a few coaches. I love others. It has nothing to do with the team. It is their coaching style. His works. I have seen him take the worst rec league girls and teach them to catch and hit. His bats are incredible. I hope he stays at TCA and continues to groom those girls. I really only felt that Kennedy, Pratt and the other players should be applauded. Renfroe and Elliot are a force to be reckoned with....a catcher can make a great pitcher. What happens when you have both? I only have ever thought with Ellen, and not having Ivy, he would hurt at tourneys this year. That hasn't happened. It was an opinion. A strategy......AND I was wrong. I think for those counting the west out will be surprised. I am not a TCA hater. I hope that Ivy can carry Tennessee far this year. How awesome that a girl that one of ours played with or batted off of pitches for an SEC team? It only helps all of them. TCA has helped a lot of girls get noticed. Which is really my point.....Kennedy pitched a great game against Trinity that was that close. WOW! Pratt got a legit hit off of Ellen. That is something to be proud of.....Earnestly without having anything taken away from them. During my daughters years, Trinity run ruled almost everyone. We might have played the next best team to a run but couldn't do anything when we got there. That was a long time ago. I certainly did not mean to bash any players or school and should have not suggested that Craft was to blame. He just is not my favorite coach. The other guy seems fine to me. I do not like his methods. BUT I have never said he was not good. He wins because he is good. The talent he has helps but that man can teach anyone to hit and catch fly balls. Again, I was proud of Riverside for not quitting before they got there and striving to win. I was just impressed. I think Trinity might have had trouble about being excited about playing them after playing AAA state champs, etc. but West TN has some incredible players. Maybe not U of Tennessee but the next few years should load our nearby colleges with West TN players and part of that is thanks to Covington, Martin, Brighton, SBA, SBEC, Huntingdon and Trinity for getting us noticed at state. I hate that Martin Westview pitcher didn't choose to stay close but know that she will do well. Milan, Crockett, Lexington, Dyer COunty, Dyersburg, Halls and Camden all have terrific players. I am just for ALL of these girls getting noticed. I don't know the stats of the games but everyone better look out for these young ladies.......it shows that local travel ball teams are producing quality players. Not sure what the stats are, but local signs have to have increased tremendously. These schools have all helped with that. Just glad to see another school included in the mix! Should have said it like that and not the way I did.....As my dad always says, "Pull for SEC schools when playing other schools." When one West TN does well, it helps all of us. Look what has happened to softball in West TN in the last 10 years. I hope that one day soon we will not HAVE to go to Nashville. They will WANT to come here. I am forever a softball fan....GO WTN! :lol: