Collinwood coach is out

shustrang

The Collinwood Trojanettes will take the court under a new coach this fall ,with the boys coach taking the reins in the summer.Does anyone know who the frontrunner for the job is ? With all the circus that has went on last year , i guess we know who got the last laugh. I pity the coach that gets this team, having to cater to the demands of one average kid that wants to be the star. Cant figure out why no one has got on here about it yet.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Collinwood Trojanettes will take the court under a new coach this fall ,with the boys coach taking the reins in the summer.Does anyone know who the frontrunner for the job is ? With all the circus that has went on last year , i guess we know who got the last laugh. I pity the coach that gets this team, having to cater to the demands of one average kid that wants to be the star. Cant figure out why no one has got on here about it yet.

I think the large majority of people who follow 12A have known since the beginning of the season that Morris wasn't coming back after this last year, which is probably why no one felt the need to post about it. Regardless of who coaches this team, I don't foresee them getting out of district.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes without a doubt anyone who has followed Collinwood athletics for the last 15 years knows for sure what has taken place and why it has taken place. Problems have been occuring through the years but this past season it was all brought to the surface on how the chain of command works at Collinwood High School. The administration has always been in complete control until this past year when a group of players stood up to the administration in determining who is actually pulling the strings on the court. Thanks Jason Morris for all you have done and congrats on your 300th career win.

Coach Morris has taken a job to be the assistant girl's coach at Summertown. His two children will be going with him and his daughter will be on the team as a freshman. He and Willard have a lot of experience and knowledge, so this should be an exciting year for the Lady Eagles. Good luck Lady Eagles and Coach Morris. Heard that the Trojanettes took some beatings last week at the Wayne County camp and looked pretty bad. Been a long time since that has happened. If Jace, or anyone else for that matter, is smart they will stay away from this job.

• 2 weeks later...

: It's great that coach Morris has the opportunity to assist coach Willard at Summertown. I saw these young ladies play a few times last year and they have incredible potential. It does seem strange that Morris was removed as head coach after receiving his 300th career win this past season at Collinwood. I do believe after Morris refused to change his coaching techniques and rules last year to satisfy one of the administration's relatives who was a player, he had placed a noose around his own neck and his fate as coach had been sealed. He as well as many others have learned who makes the decisions at Collinwood and anyone who takes the position as head coach has got to be desperate to coach. I would just like to finish in saying good luck to the Trojanettes in finding a coach as good as Morris and good luck to Morris on his upcoming season at Summertown.