Collinwood coach is out

shustrang

Not meaning to argue, but those Maury County teams were not in district 12A, they were part of region 6a that was made up of 11 & 12A. Some of those teams were in the district for baseball and fb, but never basketball.

Um excuse me but i played basketball for 4 years and in all of the years i played hampshire, mt pleasant, and zion christian were in district 12a and at one point so was columbia academy.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um excuse me but i played basketball for 4 years and in all of the years i played hampshire, mt pleasant, and zion christian were in district 12a and at one point so was columbia academy.

this is correct including santa fe. at one point the district consisted of 10 teams: Perry co.,collinwood, wayne co,clifton, summertown,santa fe,hampshire, mt pleasant, zion christian, and columbia academy

Not meaning to argue, but those Maury County teams were not in district 12A, they were part of region 6a that was made up of 11 & 12A. Some of those teams were in the district for baseball and fb, but never basketball.

WOW!!!! As you can clearly see you were mistaken.. the district held 10 teams for quiet a while.. 6 is a few as it has probably ever been.. in the late 70's and i believe part of the 80's(not sure about the 80's) there were about 12-14 teams.. This is as small as District 12A has been for decades.. and baseball and basketball hold the same district teams.. Football goes by regions as its first level.. it all changed in

05-06.. CA went to 11A. i beieve Sante Fe and Hampshier did to.. and again in years after.

So I didnt personally go to the district tournaments, EVERY GAME, in the 90's that featured a play in game between the 4th and 5th place teams in both boys and girls and then had the semifinal rounds and championship and consolation rounds and all games played either at Wayne Co or Collinwood? The top 4 teams then advanced to the region tournament, usually played at either Mt Pleasant or Waynesboro. None of the DISTRICT tournaments ever had any Maury County temas involved, it was only the REGION tournaments that did? You did play all of those teams but they were in the region tournament not the district tournament.

Keep in mind we are only talking BASKETBALL here. You are correct that those other teams were in District 12A for other sports such as softball and baseball, but they were not in basketball. In basketball, all of those other teams made up district 11A. At one point, 11A was nothing but Maury County teams, then it expanded and now includes Cornersville and Richland, who used to be a AA school back in the 90's.

Keep in mind we are only talking BASKETBALL here. You are correct that those other teams were in District 12A for other sports such as softball and baseball, but they were not in basketball. In basketball, all of those other teams made up district 11A. At one point, 11A was nothing but Maury County teams, then it expanded and now includes Cornersville and Richland, who used to be a AA school back in the 90's.

You are WRONG. The Maury County teams were in D12 until the mid 2000's. As a matter of fact Forrest was in D11 until these changes were made. You are 100 percent wrong. This was BASKETBALL.For further proof go to any any team schedule on CoachT except Loretto. Click on schedule at the top of the page for full schedule. Scroll to the bottom and keep clicking until you get to 2005-2006 schedule. Read beside teams name. The D means district. This is Basketball.

Edited by cat1973

So I didnt personally go to the district tournaments, EVERY GAME, in the 90's that featured a play in game between the 4th and 5th place teams in both boys and girls and then had the semifinal rounds and championship and consolation rounds and all games played either at Wayne Co or Collinwood? The top 4 teams then advanced to the region tournament, usually played at either Mt Pleasant or Waynesboro. None of the DISTRICT tournaments ever had any Maury County temas involved, it was only the REGION tournaments that did? You did play all of those teams but they were in the region tournament not the district tournament.

What you may be remembering is a time when the tournament was organized differently than it is now. Instead of playing all games at one location the first rounds were played at the home of the higher seed with the semi's and finals held at a central location.

Actually LIVE, you are wrong about who the district was in years past. 12A has always been Stown, PC, WC, Clifton, and Cwood until they added Loretto. Those other teams have always been 11A teams--since 1990 that I know of. Together the 2 districts made up region 6A. In the 90's, the first round of district was the 4th vs 5th play-in game to whittle it down to the 4 that advancedt region tournamen

This is true. I played in late 80's and early 90's and district was only Collinwood, Perry Couty, Clifton, Summertown, and Wayne Co.

This is true. I played in late 80's and early 90's and district was only Collinwood, Perry Couty, Clifton, Summertown, and Wayne Co.

This is not true. Mt.Pleasant up until 2007 was in D12. Was called Haylong( I believe) for many years. Also when Richland school was built in the 80's they were in D12. Remember Coach Dwight Clark of Richland?

Edited by cat1973