ANDERSON CO. vs. POWELL

tnbaseball2

i understand what you folks are saying. but, the team obviously didnt quit. sounds like they battled back and got back in it only to have the ump take it away. the bad or good part is that it probably knocked powell out of running for #2 seed. my devils are locked in at 1, ac and karns will battle for 2.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand what you folks are saying. but, the team obviously didnt quit. sounds like they battled back and got back in it only to have the ump take it away. the bad or good part is that it probably knocked powell out of running for #2 seed. my devils are locked in at 1, ac and karns will battle for 2.

Rico - what do the standing look like right now? PrepXtra isn't up to date.

No, the team didn't quit, and if it came across that way I didn't mean to infer that they did. Every break that could go wrong, did. The two AC runs in the 7th came on slow hit ground balls with two out, for example. Drake pitched every bit as well as Williams did, in fact.

Like I said, I am old school and I try to look at the big picture.

This was indeed a great game all around. Although the way it ended up was probably as close as to good as it could have been. Both teams did not hit it very well but Anderson County did hit better than Powell. The pitching matchup was about even where Downs could have went with Tanner Williams or Taylor Durand with Williams having a whole weeks rest. Owenby also pitched a heck of a game. I was hoping to see 2 sophomores battle it out but the pitching matchup was great.

Heard AC came back in the bottom of the 7th to win down 9-3. What happend? Also heard their was some fighting/powell players argueing with each other after the game? Whats that all about. Anyone care to fill me in? Thanks

One Powell player got into it with another Powell player, and one of them got out of control. The ac fan that got on here earlier was very misinformed on who it was pitching a fit in the dugout. The player he wrongly mentioned by name was in the team huddle when all that was going on.

Heard AC came back in the bottom of the 7th to win down 9-3. What happend? Also heard their was some fighting/powell players argueing with each other after the game? Whats that all about. Anyone care to fill me in? Thanks

One Powell player got into it with another Powell player, and one of them got out of control. The ac fan that got on here earlier was very misinformed on who it was pitching a fit in the dugout. The player he wrongly mentioned by name was in the team huddle when all that was going on.

my sincerest apologies to Colby then, thanks for the correction.

Due to all the mess above between players and previous disipline issues, I have heard that Below was dismissed from the team. Is this true? He was signed with Walters State, right? Wonder what this would do to that?

No problem! WS has a kid on the roster this year that got kicked off his HS team his senior year. They also have a pitcher that got into a police chase that went from Jefferson City to Knoxville Center Mall at speeds over 100 MPH. Finally, they have a kid that just got out of jail and is facing charges for crushing his teammate's elbow with a baseball bat. There may be more, but that is all I have heard.