Lenoir City Coach

LCityplayer

I consider myself one of the lucky ones to have coached with coach Lee as his assistant and along side him while the boy's coach at LC. He helped me more than anyone ever has and helped me get my start in coaching. I was sad to hear coach would no longer be at LC a few days ago. To me when I think of LC sports I think of Joe Lee or LC Joe Lee as we like to say. I'm not going to mention his record or all the charitable things he did because thats not what he would want to be said. I will say I saw him last night doing drills with 9 year old girls preparing for his aau tournament this weekend. Joe was at his best helping a young lady with a bloody nose and teaching the game to a bunch of young girls. That really sums him up. He loves the game,kids and LC and that will be missed. Coach Lee said it best he quoted the old saying that you can put your hand in a bucket of water move it around and the hole your hand leaves will be about how much you will be missed. He said someone will come in and do all his jobs and do a better job coaching. I wish the school and Joe the best.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Lee is the epitome of class as a basketball coach and person. He's a funny, caring, and passionate coach and teacher. The silly accusations by disgruntled parents at LCHS show why guys like myself and FLMS will never make it in coaching as long as Coach Lee did. Parents can not live vicariously through their children and expect them to learn life's lessons. This will only create young adults who expect things to always go their way and grow up with a sense of entitlement. This situation is embarassing and more should have stood up and spoken out against this move in the community. I wish Joe the best in the future.

LC has 2 senoirs, 7 or 8 junoirs and not sure about the sophomores, they need a solid coach that want put up with parents. This could be a good team if a couple of the girls and there moms don`t mess it up!! Come on AD make a statement, do what is best for these girls! Don`t take advise from mommie!!! :thumb:

One of the issues is this....No loyalty at Lenoir City...The other part that is hysterical is the jeolousy of parents...I will not mention any names but you can figure this out....You have a really classy lady, who works her but off in the booster club...She does not manipulate, and her kids are both tireless workers with alot of ability...All the parents think that her daughter only plays because she pulls the strings....No people, she plays becuase she is the best player...I hope you get what you want and she transfers....Then you will see just how bad you are...That being said, congratulations Coach Lee on standing firm and forcing them to fire you....You are a man of tremendous integrity and you never sold out for anyone....I am proud to call you a friend and only wish you were treated with the respect that you deserved...Good luck old friend.

Coach Lee is a fine man and an excellent coach. I admire his toughness, ability to care for his kids, and his mastery of the x's and o's on the court. As a young coach, I'm always looking to learn about the game. I never failed to learn something new every time I watched his teams play. Coach Lee is one of a kind!

coachinhoops you do not know what you are talking about!! This woman does work hard in the booster club but so does alot of other people, her daughter does work hard on the court but so does other people and nobody is saying she is a bad player because she is not, she is not a team player! Your lady that you are talking about is one of the sets of parents that made sure Coach Lee is gone! Maybe you should think really hard about that and think why she didn`t help you stay!!!!!!! You have been played!!!!

coachinhoops you are not correct about the so called classy lady! There is no class in someone who was going around town telling people that if Coach Lee wasn`t fired they would remove there daughter. Them and 4 other sets of parents got together and said he abused the girls. You can ask anybody we know who did it. There daughter wasn`t and isn`t going anywhere. They were very smart in how they went about everything. LC will get a new coach and he/she will not have a clue what they are getting into. Why do you think Coach Wells left?? Crazy parents!! This is going to be the worst year ever with the girls, I hope you are happy!!

The only thing I can say is thank God that he took me out of Lenoir City...I really don't care how it happened, but it was the biggest blessing of my professional career. I am where I am wanted and appreciated, and it has nothing to do with wins and losses, its about loyalty and character, where politics doesn't corrupt every single decision that is made. Where hard work and dedication is appreciated. Good luck to the fella who is stupid enough to take Joe Lee's place, because you couldn't pay anyone enough to put up with all the backstabbing, undermining, politically corrupted people of LC. :hungry: