Travel Team--Any Advice would be helpful

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to start up a Travel Team (Softball) and what all I need to do to get it started. I have a few girls that are wanting to play but are not wanting to play REC. ball. We have some Travel Teams around our area but the teams are complete or they do not play local games. So, I have had some girls ask me to start up a Team. They want to play all games as local as possible. Any help will would be grateful. I know this will be alot of work,but I am willing to get it started for the girls that do want to play.

:popcorneater: Thanks

I have been told I have to be Incorporated to start a Travel Team. Is that true? If so, Where do I begin???? I need all the help I can get. Any advice would be greatly apperciated. I have a few good girls to get this travel team going. They can play at the Travel Team Level...

From my experience with photographing travel ball, eteamz is the place to start. Tournament directors from tournaments put their tournaments in and you can contact them to play. Here is the link for tourneys in Tennessee:

http://www.eteamz.com/fastpitch/tournam ... Tennessee/

The tournament directors put their personal phone numbers and emails at the bottom of the tournaments, however most won't answer their phones on Friday through start of the tournament.

There are several different softball travel ball organizations in Tennessee that focus on travel ball. Typically, you have to join the organization, then you can register for tournaments.

In my opinion, the most prominent organization is the USGF (United Southern Girls Fastpitch) http://www.usgfp.com/

In my experience with this league, you play in tournament(s) they call qualifiers. The state is divided into different zones. I think if you play in a qualifier, you are qualified to be in the state tournament from the zones in Pensacola, Florida which is really cool.

If any of this is incorrect, please correct me but this is from my experience.

Good luck!