22 Hendersonville

23 Siegel

24 Hillwood

25 Kingsburry

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to picture any A/AA squad ahead of Franklin, Ravenwood, and a number of other top flight AAA programs. CCS has posted good wins against average to good AAA teams, but only top flight program Bearden match was a 1-0 loss. Top 10 maybe, but top 5, ahead of Franklin squad that seems to be blasting great teams?

A/AA. Sked is everything. Hixson is undefeated, but has one win against good comp in the Baylor match, a Baylor squad that appears to be a bit down (6-1 loss to MBA). I know CAK, Alcoa, ND have several losses, but look at the comp. They are playing top level programs at all levels. It matters. Hixson's time will come at Districts and Regions, especially if they meet Boyd. Coniglio, if putting CCS above CAK vexes you, this may induce ulcers.

While I enjoy the rankings as much as anyone, a comparison of Week 5 to Week 6 reveals the intrinsic silliness of early season efforts to rank teams. From Week 5 to Week 6:

In AAA:

Ravenwood jumped from NR to #5 (why was it omitted last week?)

Houston jumped from NR to #10

Hillwood jumped from NR to # 17

Several teams in the lower quadrant dropped off the Board and much shuffling among those that stayed put.

In AA/A:

Hixon leap-frogged 10 places from #13 to #3

Fairview remained unchanged despite beating (and, as rumor has it, mauling) some higher ranked teams.

Columbia Academy debuted at # 11.

Both MLK and Madison dropped out of the rankings to make place for Columbia Academy.

For some undisclosed reason (superstition?), #13 was omitted.

In D2:

MBA climbed from NR to #2

Silliness true, but it's fun to see where your team ranks in the eyes of others so keep 'em coming.

MJ, i hope you know most of us really appreciate your rankings.

And guys, the rankings begin as projections and then are destined to change as results start coming in. If you don't like them, simply state your own opinion. Mjuhb isn't trying to be negative towards any teams, he is trying to put something together to represent who is playing well. It all sorts itself out in the end.

Funny I haven't heard anyone bashing the Eurosport Poll that the coaches vote on. For the record, all complaints on that one should be directed at BigG :hungry:

MJ, i hope you know most of us really appreciate your rankings.

And guys, the rankings begin as projections and then are destined to change as results start coming in. If you don't like them, simply state your own opinion. Mjuhb isn't trying to be negative towards any teams, he is trying to put something together to represent who is playing well. It all sorts itself out in the end.

Funny I haven't heard anyone bashing the Eurosport Poll that the coaches vote on. For the record, all complaints on that one should be directed at BigG :thumb:

I already complained to BigG. :hungry:

I was not complaining, and am sorry my post was taken that way. I did not attack MJ's rankings. My sole disagreement was the absence of Ravenwood from Week 5, which I doubt was a purposeful omission.

I for one am terribly sorry to hear that MJ now has a life, and hope he will not use that as an excuse to discontinue his efforts. My only point was that ranking teams early in the season is a pretty hopeless task, especially when many don't play each other or even have common opponents. You are bound to get some pretty dramatic movement from week to week as a result. Nonetheless, I think all of us enjoy the list, especially those who find fault in it.

In the meantime, I would like to know the identity of the missing #13 in A/AA.

MVM, Hudson broke his leg, same spot. 3rd break in two years. Surgery is a possibility. He was at the CCS/ND match tonight and in great spirits. Serious soccer days may be over, a disappointment for an incredible young man, team leader, and player with real collegiate potential. If he does not make it back as a player, he certainly will be a great coach.