Anderson County High Volleyball

TheEdge2010

I have just learned that Coach Marcia Wade has resigned at ACHS as Head coach. No details have been provided but I hate to see her leave this program. She has given her all to ACHS. If this is true I would like to say good luck to her in her future work. We need more young people with her discipline and love of her girls. Good luck Coach!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the newspaper article. It is clear she had to make a tough decision. Parents can sure mess things up. I hope everyone involved can live with what happened. This ending reminds me of a movie about football. remember "Radio"? Push too hard and you might loose dry.gif more than you bargained. But I wish the best for the AC girls and the future coach.

I don't know coach Wade or coach Cantrell that well, but the players speak highly of both, and they run a fantastic program. I watched the Regional Tournament that AC hosted last year and it was the most professionally and classiest run high school event that I have ever seen, and their team wan't even a participant.

Anderson County is the standard for volleyball programs in east Tenn. This is the high school job to have. It pays the most; has the best infrastructure and a tradition like no other. Every coach in the area, and several who are willing to relocate, will take a shot at this job. All of AC's girls played club this year (which has never happened before) and they return their whole team with alot of size. With the right coach they are state bound.

Does anyone have any idea who will get it?

What a big year for Knoxville area volleyball. The best club year ever is getting ready to be followed by the most exciting high school season ever with all of the premiere programs having new coaches!

And thats the K2ruth :flower:

Coach Wade and Huband are expecting their first child. However I m sure this was a shock to all involved. She is a constant detailed coach. Had a very young team last year with 2 freshman Starting upfront and 1 back row freshman. Dont worry ACHS will return to form quickly, Great senoir leadership and maybe one of the best defensive players in the state in Number 1, who will start her fourth year for ACHS. Ive heard a bunch of high end coaches are ,some coaching now in this area. I hope coach Wade the best in the future , she will return in the future!

The part in the newspaper about the coach leaving because of her having a baby is bull. The AD don't have a clue. The story I have heard is a little different regarding the resignation of Coach Wade. While it is true that she and her husband are expecting their first child, this is not the reason for her resignation. I was told it was from lack of support by the administration specifically the principal. He was bullied by someone in authority into reinstating a player that the coach had released a few days prior, due to some ongoing parent problems. Too bad the principal doesn't have the same courage and moral fiber as the coach. Coach Wade will be sorely missed as a fierce competitor in this district. Scuttle Butt is she has had some calls about coaching at other programs in the area.

It is interesting that many new posters of Volleyball have started using CoachT of providing news concerning the Knoxville area. This site is only of value IF you, the fans, help keep the site up to date and the information is factual to your best knowledge. Detail concerning schools internal situations many times help coaches thruout the State know what is going on but is not a reflection on the school. It also provides up to Date information of Coaches who may be available.

I have heard It is true about the issues with a parent, and the principle refused to stand up with the coach. However word has it that Coach Cantrell is 100% ACHS. I believe this will be his lat year of coaching and he will retire from the ranks. Parents need to understand that this is high school sports, we can question their calls but the team belongs to the coaches on the floor. Maybe the next coach will also let this child go because of parental issues. This is a very good job that has caught the interest of many coaches across this state.