Knoxville Volleyball

K2ruth

2010 was the best club season in the history of Knoxville volleyball. As most people across the state are aware the club teams in Knoxville were stagnant. A group of experienced, hard working, and talented people had a vision for a new type of club program, and now we are seeing the benefits.

With a focus on improving play, and providing great instruction, the interest in Knoxville volleyball has exploded. Knoxville needed this for a long time, and now they have got it!

With all of the new faces in town for next season, expect next year to be even better.

Thanks to all of the great support from the parents, high school coaches, and most important the girls.

K2's first year was FANTASTIC!

And thats the K2truth :roflol:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K2 has done a tremondous job as evidenced by the SRVA rankings. This will pay future dividends for the Knoxville volleyball community, particularly as the little girls get to high school. No. 1 11-year old team, no. 2 12-year old team and no. 3 13-year old team.

I've been curious how the results compare with last year but SRVA does not seem to publish the prior year final results on their web site. Does anyone know how to access the final 2009 SRVA results? It would be interesting to put some actual numbers to our perspective, from both a quality and depth standpoint.

I see where Carmen Foster received honors in the Greater Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame for Volleyball. Currently, Carmon will be in her first year at Oak Ridge head coach for the Cats. She, herself once a player, created the Smokey Mountain Junior Volleyball program for young girl volleyball players in the Knoxville area. Congrats to her and the world of Volleyball. :blush: She's a good kid.

Coach Foster appreciates the "Kid" comment Jumper, she said to remind you that you were the one who voted for Goldwater :roflol:

Seriously, she has been THE DOMINANT FORCE in Knoxville volleyball for over 20 years. Without her and Smokey Mountain Juniors Knoxville volleyball would still be using the underhand serve.

It will be interesting to see if the quality of play drops with her directing 1 school instead of all of the players next season. We hope some new coach will step up to fill the void she left. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet and that is a SMJVFact :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

I think some posters will see a little red as it relates to Oak Ridge. CF was an ok club coach but is no where near the coach that she replaces. OR won;t be in the mix.

Karns has a new libero, and may have a new setter and a new hitter if they can find a place to rent. I don;t agree with either move. The setter was great in the region tournament. The hitter was ok, couldn't really tell because the middles get 98% of the sets which will get them beat by better coached teams. Why do area schools allow such open recruiting? Karns has the best player, but I think changing libero is wrong, and I think you should back off on the setter.

Farragut and Catholic are going to be strong. I don't expect Bearden or Maryville to be back.

AC and Karns are the 2 teams to beat. AC is young with a new coach. How much better can they get over the year? Can Karns win it all with the Middles or nothing approach?

And that is the K2ruth :roll:

I agree Karns and AC at the top. Considering the recent changes AC may have a disadvantage to regroup. It depends on how quickly they can get to know each other and get it together. Meanwhile the other teams are doing the same this summer- with camps and workouts. Karns' Big Middle can play all-around this gives Karns an advantage this year- this 6' back row player is awesome. Also the OH from Powell gives them a much needed hitting, power line-up. From reading other posts I see another player (hitter) moving to the area from southeast Tennessee, she's pretty good. Who's the setter coming? news to me.

Bigfoot, with all of the transfers does anybody at Karns worry about the TSSAA?

Is the Powell player that is being talked about the daughter of a Phoenix Rising coach? Is PR being used to recruit players to Karns? If so, I would think twice about this club.

I had heard that the Karns coach wanted to replace the Libero, the setter and the OH. It sounds like the Libero and OH are out, is the other transfer a setter?

Personally, I think all of this stinks, and is unfair to these players that at the high school level this is even being talked about.

Lost alot of repect for Karns, and this sends the wrong message.

And thats the K2ruth :ph34r:

Let's talk volleyball strategy.

I think Karns will add an OH to the line up. last year the twin was moved up to cover the OH that quit the team (too bad could have made an impression)- the new Freshman OH is much needed height and move the twin back to the DS where they need depth because of graduating DS. Using a Middle offense makes since when you have 2 strong middles but with the added OH will be a more diverse offense. The 6/2 does not make since to me either with the current setter, she is good, if she becomes a stronger hitter/blocker she will be great. YOU DON'T MAKE IT TO STATE WITH A BAD SETTER.

I think AC can pull it together with JS coming on board and the team's condfidence in her. She takes no prisoners -she's tough and a sharp coach under pressure. Not sure about this year but watch out 2011. They lost a key player and don't know what they have on board to replace her.

Oak ridge also is under the new coach transition. CF can coach and will bring a new look to the floor. They also have changes in the line up with a few losses. I guarantee Orcat will be at every game with a red shirt and banner.

Sorry to the rest of the district but clearly the top 3 are listed above.

C High is wondering about injurred MH/RH VC from last year. Farragut is just ok with the combination of loosing the good setter to UT last year and Moore retiring.

• 2 months later...

Now that we have seen what CF is doing at OR there is no question that the Cats are state bound. It is no longer a level playing field.

I know that Karns scrambled and got a big hitter from Powell, but that is not enough.

The year of the CAT.