Drakes Creeks and Div 2 U-15 Girls EAST DIVISION seeding set

With a three way tie for the u-15s in the East Division (6 team division, top 3 go to state), all having a 3-1-1 record, tiebreaker scenario puts #1- Tennessee United 95 #2 Chattanooga United FC95 RED #3 East Ridge Shockers...Not sure what the Western Division teams will be...

Any predictions on strengths from the west ? Regarding the top 3 seeds in East league play, CUFC beat Tn United 2-1, CUFC lost 3-1 to ERSA, Tn United tied ERSA 3-3...

The Division 2 tournament is at Drakes Creek May 28-30, and I have heard it may have had some flood issues..any thoughts regarding it ?

D :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

We here over at ERSA have heard nothing about the field conditions. As far as the seedings go, we agree with what you stated but, officially nothing. Why should we? It's not like the state tournament is about 10 days away. Schedules? Nope nothing. Again why rush(insert sarcasm)? It is not like we would want or need to know if we play friday and saturday or two on saturday. (again sarcasm) We wouldn't need to know so we could make tranportation arrangements for friday for the parents who could not get off early enough to take their kids. Or to make hotel reservations. Ahhhh... yes....another favorite subject right now. If ERSA, CUFC and other teams are required to stay at certain hotels are the local teams? I mean ofcourse it would be stupid to make local teams stay in a hotel but what if members of ERSA or CUFC want to drive? To some, Chatt. to Nashville is not that bad of a drive. Why does distance or time of travel make it mandatory for teams to stay in a hotel? Some families may not be able to afford staying in a hotel. Some parents may be forced to send their kid with another family. Some teams/parents have more money than others. It would be ashamed if parents could not see their kid play because they were forced into staying at certain hotels. Regional tournament was just like that. Teams HAD to stay at certain hotels or they were eliminated. Yes, while the $140.00 a night hotels were nice but there was nothing special about them, I am sure lesser priced hotels would have just as nice. Also, The end of may is graduation for many high schools in this area. Some parents may have older kids graduating that weekend. Are they going to have to rent a room for friday night even though they wont be there until saturday? What is the penalty for not staying in these chosen hotels? Does my kid's team run the risk of being eliminated or stripped of first place if we win because parents for whatever reason could not rent the rooms. Be eliminated because some parents chose to stay in town friday night so they could see their senior graduate? Is there a quota on how many rooms/or nights a team must rent? Will I even need a room saturday night? If my team gets stomped and elimnated from the tournament do we even need to stay saturday night? Ofcourse part of this worrying is a waste because we may not even need to be there friday and can just drive up saturday.

This may be a rambling, run on staement of frustration but it all boils down to is 1)why are the official seedings not out? Season has been over for about 2 weeks. 2) Why is there not a schedule out yet? I guess because they haven't done 1 yet. And finally 3) How can they tell anybody they have to stay in a certain "parnership" hotel? How can they tell me or anyone where we have to sleep or the girls/teams will be punished. What is the state getting out of forming this "partnership" with these hotels?

I hope someone can help me clarify some of these issues. I hope I am wrong on them too. But I along with other parents, from my club and other clubs are getting frustrated with this subject and the way it is being handled(or not) by Tenn. soccer. Thank you all for your time and patience.

P.S. Please forgive my grammatical and spellig errors.

Yep, this is getting ridiculous...I have emailed TN SOCCER at least 4 times in the past week or so requesting some input regarding game times, and more importantly, game days, but have not received even a "We are working on it" response.....We are one week out from the state tournament, and they haven't posted the schedule...what else do they have to do ? They require we get the league games in on time so they can seed the teams and then spend over 2 weeks waiting to tell us ? How hard is it to already know what games you will need to have and then simply plug in the team names later..this should already be arranged months in advance....Just like you mentioned shocker...Most teams would be close enough to save a night's hotel cost if they knew they started playing on Saturday versus Friday night...I even emailed them to ask if it was acceptable to assume that we would follow the same bracketing and game dates/times as the boys did in Fall (again, simply plug in the team name where they are seeded)...which seems logical, but no response to that either..

Raises another question I have on another post...where does all of our money go to, if it seems nothing is done efficiently....sad thing is, we can't do a darn thing about it... ;)

D ;)

stay at whatever hotel you can get the best rate at. There is nothing in USYSA rules that say your team cant participate in a state tournament if you dont stay at a certain partner hotel.

Ignore it all. STAY where you want.

No schedule is a bit ridiculous for only 6 teams per age group.

In defense of TNSOCCER, part of the delay was the possible inability to use the planned Drakes Creek complex, due to the recent flooding...and they were waiting to see....(just a little longer than I felt confortable waiting, if you notice my other thread)

D :roflol: