5/12 Game of the Day: Knox Catholic at Bearden

d2asoccer

This one is too close to call but will give the edge to Bearden at home.

I have to disagree with it being a close game. I give Bearden with a 3 or more lead over them

I'm curious as to what made you think the game would be a blow-out, given that in the regular season they played to a 0-0 tie.

In any event, Bearden won, 1 - 0. Their goal came in the first 5 minutes and they had chances throughout the entire game. Catholic had plenty of chances as well, at least for the first hour. Then they seemed to tire down and Bearden backed off a bit also.

Disappointed by Catholic's lack of composure at the end of the game. I believe they received 3 yellow cards for arguing with the referee. Certainly there were poor calls made toward the end of the game, but the players should know by now that arguing won't help matters.

All in all, I think Catholic had a good season. They've shown they can compete in AAA, but certainly it's not going to be as easy as A/AA.

Euler, nice update. Congratulations to Bearden and condolences to Catholic. Both are good teams, the latest produced by consistently excellent programs.

These district / regional semi-finals are always the hardest because good teams go home after the game.

Nonetheless, thanks for calling the players out on behavior at the end. Although I wasn't at the game, and I understand just how intense the dissapointment is when things don't go your way in an important situation, how much better would the Catholic boys feel today if they had just swallowed the anger and played on as hard as they could?