Alcoa vs. CAK round 2

BigG

HEY NOW!!!!! I clearly remember the sniper in the trees that took me down that day. :thumb: And that "boo boo" only took 2 surgeries and 6 months to recover from. :thumb:

On a note about the actual game. Its gonna be hot!!!! I know both teams are as deep as previous years, so I'm just hoping fatigue doesn't become a factor injury wise. Glad in the end we both get to live to play another day regardless of outcome, though I'd love a home game tuesday since we have had about 2 all year it seems. Good Luck to both teams!!!

G, I heard you are epic in the corner flag throw, can we settle the game that way if it is tied? I really don't want any overtime tonight!!! :thumb:

Wow, what a game. Turning into a huge district rivalry.

We scored first. Holt scored first with some juking in the box then ripped one from the left side inside the box.

Brodus (the birthday boy) scored a RIP from the outside corner of the 18. It was very "Mark Sherrod-esk"! That kid sure can shoot!

Alcoa gave us a real run for our money the second half. I thought they had the flow of play for the majority of the second. We had a goal called off for over the back foul (which was a pretty good call... Stevie used the defenders shoulders to vault up) on a header. Alcoa had a near miss on a high looping and spinning ball that our keeper tipped over the bar.

Holt then scored on a deflection back towards the keeper on a no angle 50-50 ball that was bouncing with the keeper. Tucked it away with about 20 left? Alcoa kept pounding, but just didn't get it in. I hope to see them again, but both of us have some good opponents Tuesday to get through before that happens. CAK will play Gibbs, and Alcoa will go to Pigeon Forge.

Well played, Alcoa!

Wish CAK was playing Pigeon Forge next instead of Alcoa. One of my favorite soccer traditions is listening to the Pigeon Forge coach whine about having his season ended by a private school. I believe it's happened 5 years in a row.

Oh well.

Definitely a fun match to be a part of last night. Holt scored two great goals. Brodus had a nice one. Plenty of swings in momentum and good chances for both teams. CAK moves the ball really well and we love to counter so its a pretty interesting match up of styles and I know the coaches love the chess match. I'd venture to say that both of us have some pretty tired boys today with the temperature and how hard the match was played. Good Luck to both on Tuesday. I'd love to do it again next week!!!!

The Alcoa/Pigeon Forge game should be a good one. PF has very good team speed and good players. Alcoa and PF play different styles of play so it should be a fun game to watch. I have been on the opposite side of the field facing Coach Tom not to know that his team will be ready.

close one with a slight edge to Alcoa

Don Lee is doing an excellent job at Gibbs. They have improved a lot since last year. They have a very good defense and an excellent keeper. This could be a marquee game...could be. Both coaches are close friends and it will be fun watching CAK's attack against Gibbs D. Although my heart will be going with fellow district 3 team Gibbs (sorry G...you know I love ya!) CAK continues to "BEEN THERE....DONE THAT."

CAK has to be the favorite.