7A Clay co.

jimbo44

What I'm saying is experience wise clay co. has the talent to win district and were picked pre season, and I know JC and C'range have good programs and are always in the hunt but talent and experience of players in number has to be Clay co. Talking to fans from Pickett co. and earlier post suggests the bobcats were going to be contenders, and I look for more UPSETS before this years over because all these programs have good players and coaches.

Well the information I got is that RBS went up to PC didn't play their best game and still won by 20 points and also I was told that PC was going to be down this year and in a big rebuilding mode. However, I know that you can't always believe what you hear and 1 game with 1 team doesn't mean that much. But I haven't heard much out of Monterey so they may be able to upset some teams over there in 7a. But I believe the final 4 in the region is going to come down to Clay, RBS, Crange, and Jackson Co and could get very interesting at that time as any team could be playing in sub state!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying is experience wise clay co. has the talent to win district and were picked pre season, and I know JC and C'range have good programs and are always in the hunt but talent and experience of players in number has to be Clay co. Talking to fans from Pickett co. and earlier post suggests the bobcats were going to be contenders, and I look for more UPSETS before this years over because all these programs have good players and coaches.

Well the information I got is that RBS went up to PC didn't play their best game and still won by 20 points and also I was told that PC was going to be down this year and in a big rebuilding mode. However, I know that you can't always believe what you hear and 1 game with 1 team doesn't mean that much. But I haven't heard much out of Monterey so they may be able to upset some teams over there in 7a. But I believe the final 4 in the region is going to come down to Clay, RBS, Crange, and Jackson Co and could get very interesting at that time as any team could be playing in sub state!

That would not been upset Clay co was pre season pick to win district , they got 4 starters back and Pickett, Jackson CO. and C'range lost their key players with other starters from last year. But they will make some noise and so will Monterey as they beat Pickett by 14 last night.

Clay only has two starters back from last year Burnette and Roach. It will be a long year for Clay unless changes are made. Ogletree is one of the best defensive players in the district, why is she on the bench can not figure that one out. Clay should have beat Clarkrange, Ogletree on the bench one of Clays best rebounders with the game on the line.

Clay County will be just fine with Joe Sims. It amazes me no matter how good or bad Clarkrange or Clay County are, it has the tendency to be the tightest and lowest scoring games each team has.

Clarkrange is never bad. They always produce a good, competitive team. CR and CC are the two biggest rivals in 7A and always have really tough games. The Clarkange state championship team of '04 lost to Clay County three times I believe in the regular season. Something about the buffaloes makes the lady dogs play tougher. Now, if we could only get that 7AA school back to playing schools their own size the old CR/CC rivalry would really be something in 7A :^)

Edited by Hardcourt

Clarkrange is never bad. They always produce a good, competitive team. CR and CC are the two biggest rivals in 7A and always have really tough games. The Clarkange state championship team of '04 lost to Clay County three times I believe in the regular season. Something about the buffaloes makes the lady dogs play tougher. Now, if we could only get that 7AA school back to playing schools their own size the old CR/CC rivalry would really be something in 7A :^)

Then JC would be the smallest school in aa, but it don't matter we only play 5 at a time anyway and we've competed in both and play aa and aaa schools outside of district. And I never want to call a team I've beat nearly ever game the past 10-15 games my biggest rival, thats like saying Vanderbilts UT'S biggest rival in football.

Edited by senator

Then JC would be the smallest school in aa, but it don't matter we only play 5 at a time anyway and we've competed in both and play aa and aaa schools outside of district. And I never want to call a team I've beat nearly ever game the past 10-15 games my biggest rival, thats like saying Vanderbilts UT'S biggest rival in football.

You've beaten? What position do you play sweetheart? And for the record, CR has a two to one victory to defeat record over JC. So you're right, not much of a rivalry even when a school of nearly seven hundred students plays in a district with other schools with less than three hundred. Must be hard reaching all the way back there to pat your own back.

Edited by Hardcourt

You've beaten? What position do you play sweetheart? And for the record, CR has a two to one victory to defeat record over JC. So you're right, not much of a rivalry even when a school of nearly seven hundred students plays in a district with other schools with less than three hundred. Must be hard reaching all the way back there to pat your own back.

jc is 500 students not 700 but your count is understandable because its the same logic you came up with to get 2-1 except its opposite; TSSAA needs to let you determine the count then you could pick the teams you want to play and win every game. Now pat youself on the back when getting York players, Monterey players and Morgan county players and feel SOOOOOO good about winning then fuss about another school with more students beating you. A perfect world would be every school have the same amount of students but there has to be a line somewhere and neither of us draw it.We play 5 at a time same as our opponets whether they have 100 or 2000.We like other schools have a few transfers (not this year) but when a family moves here they can come out for sports like anyone else but thats just the way we are.I was talking about how many times in recent years has your biggest rival clay co. beat C'range.

Edited by senator

To date, Clarkrange's record vs. JC is 27 wins, 17 losses. Clarkrange vs. CC is 70 wins, 21 losses. Only Livingston has a better record vs. C'range. Those are the facts. Another fact is that JC has twice the student body than any other school in the district with double the talent pool from which to draw players. Lording over schools half your size should be embarrassing. Also, don't mention transfers from York or should I remind you of the Ross twins. It goes both ways. I wonder how the Lady Vols would do if they played in the OVC?

Edited by Hardcourt

To date, Clarkrange's record vs. JC is 27 wins, 17 losses. Clarkrange vs. CC is 70 wins, 21 losses. Only Livingston has a better record vs. C'range. Those are the facts. Another fact is that JC has twice the student body than any other school in the district with double the talent pool from which to draw players. Lording over schools half your size should be embarrassing. Also, don't mention transfers from York or should I remind you of the Ross twins. It goes both ways. I wonder how the Lady Vols would do if they played in the OVC?

Do you want some cheese to go with that whine?