Returning players to watch

midtnbaseball45

• 2 weeks later...

Lebanon's Jessep Polk is likely one of the most unknown top players in Middle Tennessee. the 6'1" 195 lb. catcher/outfielder transferred from ECS in Memphis prior to his 2010 Junior Season. He was the starting catcher at ECS his Freshman and Sophomore years, however was selected All District 9 AAA as a Center fielder his Junior year at Lebanon. He hit .406 with 4 HR, 2 triples, 5 doubles, and 30 RBI. In the summer he split the catching duties for the 18U Franklin Outlaws and played some outfield.

Of course, there is a chance that he doesn't go to college anywhere. And, I don't know what the factor is, but he does have a lot of friends going there, baseball players and longtime friends. He was offered full or substantial scholarships at many schools. Also, he does have the likelihood of starting from day 1.

Full athletic scholarships for baseball at the D1 level are pretty rare. Thanks to Title IX baseball gets 11.7 schollys to field a team.

Full athletic scholarships for baseball at the D1 level are pretty rare. Thanks to Title IX baseball gets 11.7 schollys to field a team.

Your statement is true, but still "full" scolerships are available. If a student has a good ACT, is a good athlete, etc, they can get a partial academic and baseball scholarship, which would amount to being a "full" ride. I know that Mookie was offered good money at several top schools. His decision was a tough one and I wish him well. He will go far either in college or in the pro route.

University of Tennessee Committs:

Top 5 played for Team Tennessee in Oklahoma

Mookie Betts........... Overton

Jared Allen............... Polk Co.

Drew Massengale.... McMinn Co.

Parker Wormsley .... Knoxville Webb

David Horne............ Columbia Central

Jordan Sanford........ Powell

Samuel Davis........... Columbia St. CC

Thanks but I count only four on Team TN with him. Has some of the others committed to TN and I've missed hearing? I know Tyler Fullerton and Dylan Toscano were looking at UT but they have both committed elsewhere. Can you clarify?

Thanks but I count only four on Team TN with him. Has some of the others committed to TN and I've missed hearing? I know Tyler Fullerton and Dylan Toscano were looking at UT but they have both committed elsewhere. Can you clarify?

Both played in Oklahoma for Team Tennessee. I'm told that Dylan Toscano has commited to Memphis and Tyler Fullerton is a Mississippi St. commit. Both outstanding ballplayers and fine young men.

Sorry, but I don't know the other UT commits that played in Oklahoma

Edited by StealthBuster

• 3 weeks later...

Tyler Fullerton - siegel - Miss State Commit

Brian Miller - Independence - Vandy Commit

Dylan Tuscano - Independence - Memphis Commit

Tyson Ashcraft - Brentwood - Lipscomb Commit

Richard Carter - Ravenwood - Tennessee Commit

Mookie Betts - Overton - Tennessee Commit

Zander Wiel - Blackmon - Vandy Commit

Griffin Moore - Oakland - Lipscomb Commit

Johnathan Frebis - Riverdale - MTSU

All of these guys are quality players. All will have a chance to get on the field as Freshman. All are draftable players and are receiving interest from MLB teams.