Collierville Dragons to STATE

LINEDRIVE6

Collierville has not played any good teams all year. Won't be shocked if they loose 2 games in state.

I guess Trinity Christian is no good. Collierville lost 1-0. How many other schools has held them to one run? Only 3 others out of 36 games. Do your research before you post.

Still will be 2 and done. Sometimes I think MB would rather finish the season 40-5 with an appearence in the state instead of 25-20 with a state title. He got to be getting close to that 1000 win mark

Year in and year out, Collierville has strong talent.

Year in and year out, Collierville plays solid fundamental softball and looks well coached. (Perhaps today was an exception)

Each year, Collierville has to play every team in their district twice, just like every other team in every other district.

Their district competition (with the exception of Houston) is generally horrible and does not prepare them for post-season play. Their district play benefits them in no way other than to boost the record. The team nor the coach can control this.

Additionally,

Collierville has often failed to make it to state when they had the talent to be there.

Collierville has not had much success at state in the years they've made appearances. 5 appearances since 1998, 2-10 lifetime record, maximum of 1 win per appearance.

Here's the deserved criticism: All of the above is known and it is not new nor a revelation. Yet, there has been no real effort to boost the schedule so that they see ENOUGH teams during the regular season that prepare the team for post-season play. Hence, the perception or reality, that tough competition is avoided until it is necessary. One tourney in Franklin and a couple of local tourneys does not get it done.

In the end, until the scheduling changes, Collierville will continue to have the talent to win games at state, but they won't have played enough quality teams prior to getting to that point that they can make any kind of serious run. They simply haven't seen the quality of pitching and hitting that they see once at state. The insinuation that they can't get the better teams in the area to play them is ridiculous. You simply have the ask the coaches at the historically strong teams in the surrounding area (AA, AAA, D2) who's been avoiding.

Everyone in the softball circles of West Tennessee has been saying this for years. We thought we were the only ones that noticed but apparently the other part of the state knows it too.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

collierville is very well coached thank you.... we have gone to some of the biggest tournaments this year and every year since coach bradley has been the coach. and for his ring.... jealousy is a hard issue to deal with... so shut up and leave him alone... he got that for his 500th win.. and im darn sure that none of ya'll are even close... so when you get somewhat close let me know! and i know for a fact... more than anyone that the teams like St. b and others who are good from around here won play us... this whole message board was to say congrats to the girls and coaches not to talk bad about them....

collierville is very well coached thank you.... we have gone to some of the biggest tournaments this year and every year since coach bradley has been the coach. and for his ring.... jealousy is a hard issue to deal with... so shut up and leave him alone... he got that for his 500th win.. and im darn sure that none of ya'll are even close... so when you get somewhat close let me know! and i know for a fact... more than anyone that the teams like St. b and others who are good from around here won play us... this whole message board was to say congrats to the girls and coaches not to talk bad about them....

Clueless!!!

MrNoitAll...sorry dude. I have been here longer than I have posted and am too involved behind the scene with all sports. In as far as two and out, yes, tough draw on Beech first but you have to play the best to win and frankly it is better early than late. Boone, if you watched the game, nearly every inning it was just one more (and more than I can count) error by the right fielder and Bambs would have advanced. So, like, I'll be there next year supporting the Baseball, Softball and Soccer teams from Collierville. The talent remains, year in, year out and perhaps a stronger run next year.

As for this season, great job to all the teams. Nice run Lady Dragons. Coach, you have done a great job and yearly produced a fine group of athletes.

Cheers.

BTW MrNoItAll, I never saw your answer on my UT question and I still don't know why your looking at mens hands and admiring their jewelry.....

MrNoitAll...sorry dude. I have been here longer than I have posted and am too involved behind the scene with all sports. In as far as two and out, yes, tough draw on Beech first but you have to play the best to win and frankly it is better early than late. Boone, if you watched the game, nearly every inning it was just one more (and more than I can count) error by the right fielder and Bambs would have advanced. So, like, I'll be there next year supporting the Baseball, Softball and Soccer teams from Collierville. The talent remains, year in, year out and perhaps a stronger run next year.

As for this season, great job to all the teams. Nice run Lady Dragons. Coach, you have done a great job and yearly produced a fine group of athletes.

Cheers.

BTW MrNoItAll, I never saw your answer on my UT question and I still don't know why your looking at mens hands and admiring their jewelry.....

That's cause MrNoItAll might be MrFunnyAllGuy looking at mens hands and their jewelry :roflol: