AAA State Tournament

mjuhb

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year a lot of Hendersonville fans were upset when they were placed in the same side of the bracket with Farragut, Cleveland and Kingsbury.

This year it looks like Hendersonville caught a break. Not only did they "draw" Riverdale in the first round, they are on the opposite side of the bracket from Farragut.

Last year a lot of Hendersonville fans were upset when they were placed in the same side of the bracket with Farragut, Cleveland and Kingsbury.

This year it looks like Hendersonville caught a break. Not only did they "draw" Riverdale in the first round, they are on the opposite side of the bracket from Farragut.

i met coach culbreth last year and he was not happy about it either

The Hendersonville vs Farragut match last year really was like the unofficial state championship match. The difference came from a quickstart that suprised everyone, including the sideline referee who missed the offside call. But it really was a great game otherwise.

I guess it all depends on your perspective. As a Farragut fan, what I remember seeing was the Hendersonville players arguing a call and the Farragut players taking advantage of the situation. No offsides, just a great play by Farragut on the quick restart.

Perhaps we will get to see a rematch this year. :roflol:

I guess it all depends on your perspective. As a Farragut fan, what I remember seeing was the Hendersonville players arguing a call and the Farragut players taking advantage of the situation. No offsides, just a great play by Farragut on the quick restart.

Perhaps we will get to see a rematch this year. :rolleyes:

Yes, hopefully we shall.. but i was personally standing in line with the assistant ref, and appeared to be clearly offside to me. Also the quickstart happened while the farragut player was still on the ground and appeared to be injured.

This sad moment seems like it happened just yesterday :lol:

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/StateBSoccer/AAAState.htm

Farragut vs White Station

Centennial vs LaVergne

Hendersonville vs Riverdale

Collierville vs Bearden

Predict Farragut, Centennial, Hendersonville and Collierville will advance

Collierville over Bearden? Thats bold.. But i hope so! :rolleyes:

You're right I don't know what I was thinking. I've edited my prior post.

Why would the state have the winner of the East area Farragut play the winner of the West White Station first round? It seems like it would make more sense to have Collierville play Farragut and White Station play Bearden. This is why a couple years ago Houston tanked against Collierville to avoid the tougher first round matchup. White Station has handled Collierville twice this year. Not much of a reward for winning.