Boyd Buchanan vs Decatur Co. Riverside

crazy_cowboy89

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Boyd-Buchanan plays like they did today it could be a blow out. Let's hope that is out of there system. Clearly 8 errors against Decatur Co. Riverside will likely get them run ruled. They also need for their bats to wake up. According to the games posted on the TSSAA web page they only have 3 hitters batting over .300 for the tournament and that is hitters 8, 9 and 2 in the line up.

So far the high octane offense they have had all year has sputtered along just doing enough to get the job done. The defense was solid in the first two games but fell completely apart today.

If the offense shows up and the defense gets back to how they started the tournament... the Bucs have a chance... However, anyone who does not have them as the underdog is speaking from their heart and not their head.

Of course looking at the fact that 16 of Decatur Co. Riverside 35 tournament hits came in the first game against Harriman... helps soften their big numbers:

Blake Grace c .429

Brandon McFall 1b .333

Jase Taylor cf .571

Josh Keen 2b-p .455

Ryne Bivens 3b .556

Ryne Fisher .333

Stephen Gant .444

Will Crawley .556

These were pulled form the game summaries on www.tssaa.org and plugged into a spread sheet.

I hear good things about Riverside, have not seen them play yet though. Wont be able to make it tomorrow due to work. If Boyd plays like they did today, it could be ugly. I doubt Boyd will play like that again though. I see them coming out fired up and playing like the top notch team that they are! This game will be a good one and will be decided by a run maybe 2. Get your popcorn out boys its time to watch some baseball!(Or get updates. dry.gif )

:roflol::roflol:

Weather delay...

Decatur Co. is home team. The game was delayed going into the bottom of the second. No score.

Bucs have sent the minimum to the plate.

In the bottom of the first Riverside had two base runners off an error and a walk they were left on first and third.

DCRiverside "run rules" BBS by a score of 10-0. Great run for my Bucs but it seems obvious that Riverside is loaded. If my math is correct they won their four games in the Fling by a combined total of 49-5, three of those by the mercy rule. Congratulations to them!

BBS made an unprecedented run to the final game. No Bucs baseball team had ever been past the sectional round. To make it to the finals is awesome! It will be hard for the kids to keep perspective on this right now but they will appreciate it more in the next few days. Congratulations to the 10 seniors on this team, all their teammates and coaches Robbins, Rider and Parker.