Early Predictions for Next Year?

OldSoccerFan

In 11 AAA:

Centennial lose a big senior class, Bristol and Tyson are gone to play at the next level and will have to look to a couple of their Junior class to step up.

Independence, lose two 4 year starters, one of them the 11 AAA Defensive MVP, small senior class again next year....but Junior class is stacked with talented players who will need to take up the slack

Brentwood - lost Nick Desalvatore for most of the season and my vote for Freshman of the year Childster(sp) stepped up big, lose most of the defense but should be one of the top teams again

Ravenwood - could be there year next year, need to find some players to replace the senior laden defense but should make it to State

Franklin - Big senior class this year all gone, Seniors next year in Omar and Michael Brown are going to have to lift some underclassmen to step into varsity, very talented freshmen group

Collierville will return a core of talent but will look to fill some big holes...

The Dragons graduated their true team leader, Kevin Hensley (Carson-Newman) who has been the foundation of the defense for three years, and Dillon Thornbury (Central College-Iowa) who has had back to back team scoring titles. They also lose the Kupiszewski twins. Alex who had four goals (two game winners) in the post season and Mitchell who was solid at right back. CHS graduated 10 seniors total, five were starters. They will return the crafty Brent Lesnick and the workhouse Caleb Poley in midfield. These two, along with sophomore Michael Roberts will be called upon for scoring. Austin Kenney will likely earn a full time defensive role. They also will be coached once again by Bill Gilliespie who reassumes the head coaching job. Gilliespie has guided the Lady Dragons to a State Championship and helped the Dragons reach their first State berth a few years ago.

MUS ONLY HAS JOSEPH LEVY COMING BACK. HE EVEN SAYS THAT THEY WILL STINK NEXT YEAR. CBHS CLEARLY HAS MORE THAN PAUL BANKS.WHEN THEY PLAYED MUS WITHOUT HIM THEY LOST 2-0 WITH HIM THEY LOST 3-1. THEY ALSO HAVE SAM WILSON, STEVIE REDDICK,MATT ROBERTS AND CHRIS GIRDEAU EVENTHOUGH HE IS SORT OF A CRY BABY. BRIARCREST,ST. GEORGES, AND ST. BENEDICT WILL BE TERRIBLE . ECS SHOULD STILL BE GOOD.THEIR WEAK SCHEDULE SHOULD HELP THEM.

I'm not a huge MUS fan, but to say all they have returning is Levy(1 goal this year) is an interesting statement. MUS will have Matt Montsinger, Britt (their Keeper), Toby Baker, Sam Henke, Joseph Levy, Daniel Camutti, Will kaline, just to name a few. MUS loses Matt Baker, George Utkov, and a few other seniors that were pretty good, but not game changers. Montisnger was the most consistent player for MUS and Toby Baker was the most important this year. The biggest hole will be Utkov. He is a great leader and comes to play every game. Plus, you should never underestimate Coach Beck. He gets more from his players than any other coach in town.

CBHS has a huge group returning. But they lost or tied teams this year like never before. They were young and had to get used to playing together. A lot of the ties and loses were without Banks. Yes, MUS beat them twice. The first time neither Banks nor Gardea played. The second time both played and all of MUS's goals were off keeper errors or misplayed balls by the CBHS defense. Credit MUS, they kept the pressure on and came away with the wins. CBHS does have Roberts, who was hurt most of the season, Wilson, Banks, Gardea, Kenneth Kauker, Andrew S., Chris Matthews, Tarver, Wickham, Owen, Silver, Burdette, and Bran back. They had those guys this year and when Banks didn't play, they were not the same team. That doesn't mean they weren't good. They just were not as good. In years past, having a player miss a game or two or three was no big deal for CBHS. This year it seemed to be much more noticeable. Banks stretches the field and demands attention. I can't imagine a coach in the area that doesn't game plan trying to stop him when they are up against CBHS. That being said, I think CBHS's most consistent players this year were Sam Wilson and Cecil Franklin. They did the dirty work, while others got to look pretty.

• Upvote 1

Farragut does lose a bunch of seniors. However, Bearden and Farragut both have quality players returning. Maryville has several strong juniors (rising seniors) as does Knox West. Knox Catholic is always competitive. Overall, the district of death should be very competitive next year. It would not surprise me if there are several teams with the same record going into the district tournament.

MUS ONLY HAS JOSEPH LEVY COMING BACK. HE EVEN SAYS THAT THEY WILL STINK NEXT YEAR. CBHS CLEARLY HAS MORE THAN PAUL BANKS.WHEN THEY PLAYED MUS WITHOUT HIM THEY LOST 2-0 WITH HIM THEY LOST 3-1. THEY ALSO HAVE SAM WILSON, STEVIE REDDICK,MATT ROBERTS AND CHRIS GIRDEAU EVENTHOUGH HE IS SORT OF A CRY BABY. BRIARCREST,ST. GEORGES, AND ST. BENEDICT WILL BE TERRIBLE . ECS SHOULD STILL BE GOOD.THEIR WEAK SCHEDULE SHOULD HELP THEM.

Stevie outside of the teams in the division they must play, ECS beat Kingsbury (state qualifier); tied Collierville (state qualifier); tied White Station (state qualifier); and beat CBHS 2-1. The only state qualifier from their region they didn't play was MUS. Please supply their weak schedule for next year didn't know it was out yet.

Bearden and Farragut will still be good. White Station,CBHS,ECS and Kingsbury will lose a few, but should reload easily. Houston and Columbia Academy should be the comeback teams of the year.McCallie should be strong. Father Ryan loses a lot. I can't wait to see next year. Take care around the State I will talk to you next season. It's been fun!

• 2 months later...