Chattanooga soccer at its best

You could not make up a story about what happened at the D1 championships this weekend between two East Ridge U16 teams, both playing in the D1 state cup. The East Ridge RPL U16 team played for Redoubt last year. (I think since their existence they have played for 5 different clubs but that is not important to this story). At the state cup last year, one of their best players received a red card in the championship game. Per the rules, or so they thought, she sat out the first league game this year. Well, the coach of the other East Ridge U16 team at the D1 championships (Patrick Winecoff) didn't think this was the rule. So he turned in a team from his own club to the state so that the player would have to sit out. I repeat, an East Ridge coach turned in another East Ridge team to give his own team a better chance! This perfectly explains Chattanooga club soccer. Every team is basically an independent contractor looking out for its own best interests. Chattanooga has no concept about what club soccer is about.

Based on the rules that player should sit out the first state cup game, BUT I am shocked that a fellow club coach would actually turn in his fellow club team. I saw that you at least won the game, how was it after it was all over?

I was at State and heard Chattanooga people giving details. They say they have it in writing that TSSA said sit her in RPL. If that is true, and then they made her sit again, something is amiss. When do rules get reviewed for next season? It will be interesting to see if they change somehow.

As for Chattanooga .... it's an interesting place for soccer. Too bad for the kids though really.

Based on the rules that player should sit out the first state cup game, BUT I am shocked that a fellow club coach would actually turn in his fellow club team. I saw that you at least won the game, how was it after it was all over?

I was at State and heard Chattanooga people giving details. They say they have it in writing that TSSA said sit her in RPL. If that is true, and then they made her sit again, something is amiss. When do rules get reviewed for next season? It will be interesting to see if they change somehow.

As for Chattanooga .... it's an interesting place for soccer. Too bad for the kids though really.

I was there and it was a crazy weekend...I'm with U16 Lobo girls....here is what I understand but I won't promise it is 100% accurate but here goes from our side...

We had to open with Redoubt (ersa - black) who was the #1 finisher in RPL this year over Brentwood.

Sometime during the week leading up to the tourney we were notified that Redoubt had a player get a red card in last years championship and she should have to sit out. I think we heard either wed or thurs. Dale B was asked what was going on and he said Ersa Red coach had called him earlier that week. Bottom line, new guy over TN competive Div I declared player ineligible on thursday..(i think)

It is my understanding this was brought up a long time ago and Dale B agreed for the player to sit first PL game...they thought they were square with state.....problem is TN state has a "policy" that states you must sit out first state game (not premier league)...I support redoubt parents and coach thinking they were good...to me the problem is Dale B or whoever at state office who doesn't know their own policies. therefore, player did have to sit a 2nd game. Also, everybody knew lobos were #1 team at large...Redoubt wins premier so in theory should get to avoid us in bracket....Nope....this year they go to east and west division and they always have the west #1 play PL Champ....(this is not fair to west tn but we will save that for another day) Lobos should have opened with brentwood on friday evening and redoubt whould have played FC Alliance and probably would have won and survived the player having to sit out.

It definitely benefitted Lobo's but we were preparing to play them with full roster. We have seen ttoo many weird things. Please know the Lobo's didn't demand the player not play...we were following up to find out was this information correct that we were hearing from ersa red coach. If so, we would like to know for planning purposes.

We were shocked that a fellow coach did this...In the end, we played redoubt and won 4-0....we played great...unfair to them...so we think we've won our most difficult game and we are in drivers seat to make it to championship....nope...in game two, we play really flat first half...give up two goals to Ersa-Red (the #2 seed from the east) and lose 2-1....basically the whole 2nd half was spent in their half of the field but their D and Keeper (who is awesome) played tough and so now we are an emotional wreck...our fate is now going to be determined at 5pm game between who else....Ersa Black (redoubt) vs Ersa Red...you just can't make this stuff up...needless to say very long afternoon and Ersa Red put up valiant effort but Black dictated from get go. Redoubt didn't score 1st goal until about 20mins into 2nd half...they scored pk 10 mins later to ice game and we could breath. Hats off to Ersa Black for doing what we failed to do and hats off to ersa red players for their effort...

Needless to say I was numb and at that point just thankful to be in championship game versus Brentwood. Needless to say we played really well....1st half was about equal....2nd half was all lobo's but we couldn't score and brentwood hit a nice shot from distance in 1st half that got in just under crossbar. Can't swear to this but think it was the only "true shot" on goal and it went it...we lose 1-0.

Welcome to Tn soccer...it can be awesome, it can be painful but at the end of the day we would do it all over again.....except win the championship :wacko:

fyi....ersa red advanced due to tie breaker rule over redoubt (goal differential from 3 way tie)...even though redoubt had just beat them 2-0....problem was redoubt lost to lobos 4-0.

Ersa Red won 3rd 1-0 over TNFC.

• 8 years later...
On 6/6/2010 at 2:46 AM, fredfromsoddy said:

You could not make up a story about what happened at the D1 championships this weekend between two East Ridge U16 teams, both playing in the D1 state cup. The East Ridge RPL U16 team played for Redoubt last year. (I think since their existence they have played for 5 different clubs but that is not important to this story). At the state cup last year, one of their best players received a red card in the championship game. Per the rules, or so they thought, she sat out the first league game this year. Well, the coach of the other East Ridge U16 team at the D1 championships (Patrick Winecoff) didn't think this was the rule. So he turned in a team from his own club to the state so that the player would have to sit out. I repeat, an East Ridge coach turned in another East Ridge team to give his own team a better chance! This perfectly explains Chattanooga club soccer. Every team is basically an independent contractor looking out for its own best interests. Chattanooga has no concept about what club soccer is about.7

https://ovo.fyi/chaturbate/  https://ovo.fyi/xnxx/  https://ovo.fyi/tubegalore/

Guess you guys are showing your youth. I take it you have never heard Bill Cosby's stand up on the Ice Ball in his refrigerator.

Edited by margolavo