District 8 AA

raider99

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:twisted:After a telepathic huddle with The Living Legend, I have made my choices. :thumb:

1. York

2. LA (darkhorse)

3. Dekalb

4. Smith

5. Cannon

6. Upperman

:thumb: at your prediction!!!

:lol: Man, that living legend dude made may do it. I told him Smith county was at least a third place team. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Okay, all joking aside. I am picking 1.Smith 2.York . I think the hogeyes are much improved from past seasons though. :bored: I believe this district is very competitive this year. Just wanted to rattle ya'lls cages a little. Never did here from the Smith Co. faithful about the possible transfer.

I don't know much about this district this year. I know that this district did great last year after everybody called it a cupcake district, with 5 out of the 6 making it to the playoffs. Cannon Co. ended up winning it after breaking a 3-way tie. Smith and York ended up playing each other in the quarterfinal game, which ended up being a classic, and York taking the narrow victory to make it to the final 4. But I also know that Smith and Dekalb lost 2 great QBs. I need some information about the teams this year. Who does Dekalb and Smith have replacing those great QBs? And what about Cannon's QB (#7 I think)? Is he still playing this year or will he graduate? And what about York? They lost probably the 2 fastest players in the district in #41 and #42, and I think they lost a good running back and their QB. So who will they be replacing those players with, and will it be a rebuilding year for them after a great season last year? And I've heard Livingston might be a sleeper this year and might come up and bite some of these teams if they don't watch it. Any help will be much appreciated. but as far as I can tell right now, this district is up for grabs... Who wants it?

I don't know much about this district this year. I know that this district did great last year after everybody called it a cupcake district, with 5 out of the 6 making it to the playoffs. Cannon Co. ended up winning it after breaking a 3-way tie. Smith and York ended up playing each other in the quarterfinal game, which ended up being a classic, and York taking the narrow victory to make it to the final 4. But I also know that Smith and Dekalb lost 2 great QBs. I need some information about the teams this year. Who does Dekalb and Smith have replacing those great QBs? And what about Cannon's QB (#7 I think)? Is he still playing this year or will he graduate? And what about York? They lost probably the 2 fastest players in the district in #41 and #42, and I think they lost a good running back and their QB. So who will they be replacing those players with, and will it be a rebuilding year for them after a great season last year? And I've heard Livingston might be a sleeper this year and might come up and bite some of these teams if they don't watch it. Any help will be much appreciated. but as far as I can tell right now, this district is up for grabs... Who wants it?

Smith Co. will be short, slow, fat, and lazy. Just like every year!!! :thumb:

Probably be at the bottom just like every year before!!! :thumb:

Smith Co. will be short, slow, fat, and lazy. Just like every year!!! :thumb:

Probably be at the bottom just like every year before!!! :thumb:

... Yeah right. I don't believe this will ever be the case for Smith Co. They have one of the finest programs around. I was just wondering who they will replace their QB with.

Probably the Scurlock boy, but there are a few others wanting some playing time!!! Smith County will be pretty good this year as every year since the Darth Maynard era(so some in Gville calls it). LOL We expect no less from our boys than to give all. We are probably looking at a 9+ season hopefully!!! Good luck to our boys!!! :thumb:

I feel this well may be the roughest year of the Maynard era. All you have to do is look at the schedule.

Week 0: @ Cheatham Co: The Owls clobbered the cubs last year, but who knows what could happen this year with the matchup being at their place.

Week 1: Gordonsville: This is the G-Man’s best opportunity they have had at beating the Owls in a decade. The return a monster at RB (Woodmore), and have experience spread around at various positions, and this is the team that came a botched drive away from victory last year. If Gordonsville falls to the Owls this year, they may not have a realistic shot that defeating the Owls until the streak hits 15 or more, with all the wealth of underclassmen the Owls possess.

Week 2: Livingston: From all that I am hearing, Hog-Eye appears to be the sleeper in 8-AA this year, thank God it’s at home though.

Week 3: @ Westmoreland: This is where the “murder’s roll” part of the schedule begins for Smith County. The Owls lost to the Eagles in a rain-slopfest last year and I hope that is enough motivation for Smith Co. to get revenge.

Week 4: @ DeKalb County: DeKalb seems to have lost some talent, but so have we. This should be an interesting match-up.

Week 5: @ Macon County: The tigers always seem to give the Owls issues, even in their “down years.” This very well may be one of the toughest games on the Owls slate this season/

Week 6: Upperman: This Owls return home after a brutal stretch. Upperman always has a decent team and will be looking for an upset.

Week 7: @ White House: This will be the most difficult game on the schedule. Smith County snuck away with the W last year and White House will be looking for revenge this season.

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: @ Cannon County: The Owls let the region championship slip away at Tech last year at the hands of the Lions. The Owls have to win this game in order to get good playoff positioning.

Week 10: York: For the love of God please beat the York Dragons. Smith County botched a golden opportunity to advance to the state semi-finals on the final York drive last year. I think the streak will end this year, finally.

I see the Owls coming away with at least 8 wins, however, this season will be a slugfest. Tighten your seatbelt Owl fans!! :thumb:

Livingston was bad from 2006-2008. You're right. I played on those teams. So please, try to leave that be. Just because we weren't that good doesn't mean that we didn't give it all we could in every game we played. We were outmanned and outplayed in about 20 of those 30 games. So crack the jokes, if it makes you feel better. (Might have heard of Fulton, East, Catholic though, just to name one or two.)

Smith would be at the top with Livingston a definite contender. Keep thinking that it will be easy to play them, especially up front. (That may be why they do finish at the top.) I would think that York would be up there, too. Cannon maybe as well as DeKalb. The bottom would BEE pretty easy to predict. Have a good Fourth.