TSSAA Public/Private Date Ruining Tennessee Athletics

Morton

It sounds to me like you have a specific case in mind. Regardless, unless the rules have changed, the athlete should be ineligible for a year. I had a friend who transferred to a private school for her senior year, and she was unable to play her sport because she had played it at the public school the previous year. She was, however, eligible for sports in which she hadn't participated in the previous year.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds to me like you have a specific case in mind. Regardless, unless the rules have changed, the athlete should be ineligible for a year. I had a friend who transferred to a private school for her senior year, and she was unable to play her sport because she had played it at the public school the previous year. She was, however, eligible for sports in which she hadn't participated in the previous year.

You are correct, actually several cases in the sport of wrestling. Apparently several kids have transfered from public schools to private schools during the summer. In one situation, a kid transfered from a private to a public. I seriously wasn't sure if the eligibility rule would affect these kids or not, but do know how it relates to transfering from public to public.

Wasn't trying to stir anything up, just wasn't sure if the transfer rule applied the same.