District 5 Class Aa

gatorsfan18

this will be one of the weakest districts in all of AA football this year. First, before i read any posts on here i knew that there would be some sequoyah fans on here talking about how much talent they had coming back and how they would be poised to contend for championships in the coming years...... Always rebuilding eh chiefs fans???????? there are a couple thoughts id like to share. 1) the clock will run continually in the 4th quarter in every Polk game this year. they are that much better than the other teams. (and no i dont expect polk to contend for a state championship this year either). 2. passing leagues have no bearing on how good a team is going to be in the season.

Polk plays hard, and play togther, and has a great community behind them, but three yards and a cloud of dust only goes so far. ANY team can be beat. ( although alcoa makes me wonder - not sure if they will get beat any time soon )

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk in 1st, no doubts. They are the Class of this region.

I promise Sweetwater wil not finish in last place! If they get both linebackers back by week 3 and stay realitivly healthy they are much better than lastyear. Way better Coach,one of the better young coaches in the area. You will see. They were lost and wrong offense last year. Better offense this year and the players have a much better grip on it. Most of the young freshman and soph starters, and there were several, are a year older. Things are gonna change. With that being said, this isn't your average Sweetwater team, they will have to work hard, have more heart and change their attitudes to get better this year, and I believe they will, Coach Marsh will see to that! If some of the Sweetwater teams from the 90's and early 2000's would've been in this region, they may have never lost a region game.

Don't get me wrong,some of these teams can and will get better, but this year the region is young and weak, not real good from top to bottom.

2-5 depends on alot of things. Among them, injuries, who improves the most throughout the year.

1. Polk, Polk, Polk.

2-5 we will see. Sweetwater,Central,Seq,Meigs.

Polk in 1st, no doubts. They are the Class of this region.

I promise Sweetwater wil not finish in last place! If they get both linebackers back by week 3 and stay realitivly healthy they are much better than lastyear. Way better Coach,one of the better young coaches in the area. You will see. They were lost and wrong offense last year. Better offense this year and the players have a much better grip on it. Most of the young freshman and soph starters, and there were several, are a year older. Things are gonna change. With that being said, this isn't your average Sweetwater team, they will have to work hard, have more heart and change their attitudes to get better this year, and I believe they will, Coach Marsh will see to that! If some of the Sweetwater teams from the 90's and early 2000's would've been in this region, they may have never lost a region game.

Don't get me wrong,some of these teams can and will get better, but this year the region is young and weak, not real good from top to bottom.

2-5 depends on alot of things. Among them, injuries, who improves the most throughout the year.

1. Polk, Polk, Polk.

2-5 we will see. Sweetwater,Central,Seq,Meigs.

I just got home from the jamboree----i think your looking thru rose colored glasses to think sweetwater will beat meigs.

You saw nothing about Sweetwater yesterday, that will help you figureout anything about the regular season. If that is what you are going by, you know nothing, lol. Goodluck!

Of course not! I actually thought sweetwater didnt look bad at all. For that matter neither did Seq. Meigs did not tip their hand either , those were base plays, and we had at least three starters out. I think it will be a entertaining season to watch, nothing more , nothing less.

OK, after all the pre season talk and scrimmages, here is my official prediction for 2010 football season

1. Polk Co. Thought they would really bring it against Loudon in their scrimmage, just didnt happen, against Tellico they looked good but Tellico is just that bad.

2. Sequoyah (yeah smokey04 Im a fan) been following them in the preseason and they continue to get better each time out, they are deep in every position except for one. Special teams could be a big factor for them in a bad way.

3tie. Sweetwater and Meigs. Sweetwater was tied Clinton in their scrimmage, that would be a big statement from last years Clinton team, not sure how they did against Pigeon Forge and the Jamboree they showed nothing offensively, not sure if they had a first down. Cox and Davis must stay healthy, and Knuckles will have to play big defensively. Meigs by far has impressed me more than anyone, they are big up front and quick in the backfield, week 2 against the Chiefs will be huge and pivotal game for both teams.

5. McMinn Central is rebuilding and playing some youngsters, but this will help for the up and coming years as it has for Sequoyah and Sweetwater.

Ok I know you guys will pick and tear this apart, but just remember its a opinion. Good luck to all.

GO CHIEFS!!!

OK, after all the pre season talk and scrimmages, here is my official prediction for 2010 football season

1. Polk Co. Thought they would really bring it against Loudon in their scrimmage, just didnt happen, against Tellico they looked good but Tellico is just that bad.

2. Sequoyah (yeah smokey04 Im a fan) been following them in the preseason and they continue to get better each time out, they are deep in every position except for one. Special teams could be a big factor for them in a bad way.

3tie. Sweetwater and Meigs. Sweetwater was tied Clinton in their scrimmage, that would be a big statement from last years Clinton team, not sure how they did against Pigeon Forge and the Jamboree they showed nothing offensively, not sure if they had a first down. Cox and Davis must stay healthy, and Knuckles will have to play big defensively. Meigs by far has impressed me more than anyone, they are big up front and quick in the backfield, week 2 against the Chiefs will be huge and pivotal game for both teams.

5. McMinn Central is rebuilding and playing some youngsters, but this will help for the up and coming years as it has for Sequoyah and Sweetwater.

Ok I know you guys will pick and tear this apart, but just remember its a opinion. Good luck to all.

GO CHIEFS!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!

(Always right) I agree with you, it's going to be one entertaining season. Should be exciting from beginning to end!

(Dumdum) Thats your opinion. Not to bad,and you almost got it right! LOL.

Nothing wrong with having faith and believing in your team, afterall everyone is undefeated rightnow!!!

Goodluck, I will be praying for all the teams and young men to play hard and stay healthy every friday night. :thumb:

GO CHIEFS!!!

May be little early to count the young CHARGERS out.

The schedule is brutal early with McMinn, Cleveland, Polk and Walker Valley. But if it true what does not kill you will make you better then the Chargers will be ready for the bulk of the schedule.

May be little early to count the young CHARGERS out.

The schedule is brutal early with McMinn, Cleveland, Polk and Walker Valley. But if it true what does not kill you will make you better then the Chargers will be ready for the bulk of the schedule.

I think that the Chargers will beat MC and WV this year. And be much better next year.