District 5 Class Aa

gatorsfan18

My info is limited, but what i do have is correct. To pick mc in front of meigs is far far from correct. mc couldnt beat their way out of a wet paper bag this year. Why would you pick Seq. in front of a team they lost to last year, doesn't seem right either. Oh well thats why they play the games-- on any given friday "anybody" can be beat!

Interesting comment. You ask why put Seq. in front of team they lost to last year - just opinion. Did Central not beat Meigs last year? I think Central will be an ok team, and I still think they will beat Meigs and Sweetwater. I think Seq. will be a toss up with Central.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comment. You ask why put Seq. in front of team they lost to last year - just opinion. Did Central not beat Meigs last year? I think Central will be an ok team, and I still think they will beat Meigs and Sweetwater. I think Seq. will be a toss up with Central.

Meigs may have lost to Central last year , but lets be honest this years central team is no where near as good as last year and this year Meigs is 1000% better than last year. Central appears to be young but has a good attitude and try. With that being said , The only team i think that have a realistic chance of beating this year is Sweetwater.

Meigs may have lost to Central last year , but lets be honest this years central team is no where near as good as last year and this year Meigs is 1000% better than last year. Central appears to be young but has a good attitude and try. With that being said , The only team i think that have a realistic chance of beating this year is Sweetwater.

i haven't seen meigs play, but i got a hard time believing that meigs in 100% better. this is beating a dead horse, but polk is number one in the district, then everyone else is just about equal. it will just depend on who gets better week after week, and who makes less mistakes.

Sequoyah is right where they wont to be nobody is giving them a chance nobody thinks they will make the postseason.... remember this post at the end of the season because im telling u sequoyah is heading to the playoffs this year... never have i seen a group of kids work as hard as they have and never have i seen kids as determined as these kids are

Sequoyah is right where they wont to be nobody is giving them a chance nobody thinks they will make the postseason.... remember this post at the end of the season because im telling u sequoyah is heading to the playoffs this year... never have i seen a group of kids work as hard as they have and never have i seen kids as determined as these kids are

Just to let you know, my comments were not directed toward Sequoyah. I was directing my attention to a Meigs posters analagy of why they felt they would beat Central. I would agree that the Seq. Central game will determine second place in this district. Right now I would give the edge to Seq. but with that being said the Chargers will be very game tested by that week. So many factors weigh into a season though. Key injuries play a huge role for young teams, and though it is true Central is young - they have potential. Friday will tell a lot about the tone of each of these teams. Good Luck to all and hope everyone has a safe game.

Week 0 was not kind. Conference again appears to be weak. Conference record after week 0, 1 win 4 losses. Sweetwater had the only win, vs Telico. Polk will be undefeated in conference play with everyone else fighting for second. At this point I would pick Sweetwater as 2. Meigs lost to a team they beat soundly last year, so they are not improved as posted. Sequoyah lost again after much pre-season hype. Central lost to a better team. My prediction: Polk will be the only team in the conference with a winning record.

Nothing from Week 1 has changed my mind. Polk wins the District but the battle for second place will be very entertaining as the year moves along. All the games between the other District members should be very competitive.

Thats correct horse, second place in the district may only have about 3 or 4 wins. But they should be fun to watch!

Week 0 was not kind. Conference again appears to be weak. Conference record after week 0, 1 win 4 losses. Sweetwater had the only win, vs Telico. Polk will be undefeated in conference play with everyone else fighting for second. At this point I would pick Sweetwater as 2. Meigs lost to a team they beat soundly last year, so they are not improved as posted. Sequoyah lost again after much pre-season hype. Central lost to a better team. My prediction: Polk will be the only team in the conference with a winning record.

So Meigs lost to a team they beat last year, and that means that Meigs have not improved! Ya that makes sense!lol Let be realistic and look at the factors ! 1)first game 2)new system 3)new coach . As far as the rest of your post, lets look at it 1) Sweetwater beat tellico--verdict is still out. 2) Polk lost to a team they beat soundly last year(so according to you they are not improved as posted)lol 3)Sequoah lost--so what (it was the first game) that does not mean they are not better than last year 4)Central lost to a MC team that is "down a little over last year" (but according to you that means central is still good! My point is, the only thing that week 0 means is: when it comes to teen age boys -- you dont know what is going to happen from week to week!

So week 0 has come and gone. Yeah, this district is still a little weak and may only get 1 playoff win at the end of the season, been watching this region/district for about 10 years now and just cannot figure it out, Sweetwater got the only win, good start for the Wildcats, we will know more after their trip to Rockwood. McMinn Central and Polk County will battle for first place in the District, think we will see the young qb from Central develope into something really special over the next few years. Meigs will be in good battle with Cumberland County, the Tigers will hope to regroup after their game with the Kee's. Sequoyah will head up to Tellico, one team will walk awy with their first victory of the season, maybe after this game we will know more about the Chiefs. So what are your prediction folks?

So week 0 has come and gone. Yeah, this district is still a little weak and may only get 1 playoff win at the end of the season, been watching this region/district for about 10 years now and just cannot figure it out, Sweetwater got the only win, good start for the Wildcats, we will know more after their trip to Rockwood. McMinn Central and Polk County will battle for first place in the District, think we will see the young qb from Central develope into something really special over the next few years. Meigs will be in good battle with Cumberland County, the Tigers will hope to regroup after their game with the Kee's. Sequoyah will head up to Tellico, one team will walk awy with their first victory of the season, maybe after this game we will know more about the Chiefs. So what are your prediction folks?

at the end of the year it will shape up like this....

1. polk

2. mcminn central

3. seq

4 meigs

5. sweetwater

So Meigs lost to a team they beat last year, and that means that Meigs have not improved! Ya that makes sense!lol Let be realistic and look at the factors ! 1)first game 2)new system 3)new coach . As far as the rest of your post, lets look at it 1) Sweetwater beat tellico--verdict is still out. 2) Polk lost to a team they beat soundly last year(so according to you they are not improved as posted)lol 3)Sequoah lost--so what (it was the first game) that does not mean they are not better than last year 4)Central lost to a MC team that is "down a little over last year" (but according to you that means central is still good! My point is, the only thing that week 0 means is: when it comes to teen age boys -- you dont know what is going to happen from week to week!

You should not be so defensive, everyone has an opinion. My point about Meigs, they only lost maybe 4 or 5 starters from last years team. Same core group of players and lost to a team they had beat the year before, that my friend is not improvement. It was everyones first game, yea I'll give you the other 2 excuses. Polk had a come from behind win against Bradley last year, I was there, it was not a sound beating. Any excuse you want to come up with, 5AA still has a 1-4 record after week 0. Polk will run through the conference, and no one else will be above .500.