District 5 Class Aa

gatorsfan18

Well I don't usually do all these predictions and I said this well before Tellico game. I also know It's gonna be a tight one, I agree with that 100%.

Why do I think that Sweetwater should be ranked ahead of Sequoyah and Meigs. They beat both teams lastyear,despite so many problems that I don't have time to talk about them all. Many of the problems are gone and all those freshman and sophs that saw playing time and started lastyear are a year older, wiser and stronger. There wasn't enough time to put in that offense lastyear, especially with no spring practice. This year players understand, are miles ahead of lastyear and have a totally different attitude. Coach Marsh is a winner and he has the players much better prepared. They still have some verygood players out that will be back after the bye week.

I know Sequoyah and Meigs have improved are getting better and have things goin for them!Spirit or not I would look at it the sameway if I was outside looking in at another district, because of these reasons. Central in my opinion is the biggest unknown to me. Lost alot of players, but still have some athletes!. What happens to them over the next few weeks and how much they grow as the season progresses, has alot to do with how the standings end up.

great post.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Meigs dont make some major changes--we are going to go 0-10! The first two teams we played were pretty good,but we have to put our best 11 on the field and get in better shape. I hope after the coaches watch film, they move some people around. Coach Jones and his staff have had a uphill battle--coming in late and trying to put a spread in for a wing t team and put kids in the right positions.Maybe this week? On a positive note the kids played hard and didn't hang their heads. We have to get back to the o line we had against loudon and greenback!!

Edited by allwaysright

If Meigs dont make some major changes--we are going to go 0-10! The first two teams we played were pretty good,but we have to put our best 11 on the field and get in better shape. I hope after the coaches watch film, they move some people around. Coach Jones and his staff have had a uphill battle--coming in late and trying to put a spread in for a wing t team and put kids in the right positions.Maybe this week? On a positive note the kids played hard and didn't hang their heads.

Man I feel your pain the Chargers are in the same boat. We are trying to run a triple option offense when we should be in an I-formation. But Meigs cant go 0-10 if we do, so one of us will have to win our game. Good luck on the changes see you week 5

Well so far, its been confusing season for me, trying to figure out who has what...Congrats to the Chiefs for the win. Sweetwater, Meigs and McMinn Central took one on the chin last night. This week Polk vs Central, Sequoyah vs Meigs and I think Sweetwater may have a bye this week, let me know how you see this week going. I know this player is not in this district, but everybody keep D. O'Dell (RB Tellico) in your thoughts and prayers, rumor going around the field last night that he may have torn a ACL, maybe somebody can let us know more on the situation.

If Meigs dont make some major changes--we are going to go 0-10! The first two teams we played were pretty good,but we have to put our best 11 on the field and get in better shape. I hope after the coaches watch film, they move some people around. Coach Jones and his staff have had a uphill battle--coming in late and trying to put a spread in for a wing t team and put kids in the right positions.Maybe this week? On a positive note the kids played hard and didn't hang their heads. We have to get back to the o line we had against loudon and greenback!!

Reading this, I was wondering, is Meigs trying to platoon and stay away from iron man football?

No district games this week, Sweetwater will host Greenback, Polk will battle Chattanooga Christian, Walker Valley invades McMinn Central, Meigs travels to York institute and the Lenoir City travels down to Sequoyah. Who wins the games?

Greenback,and Polk win. and MC and Meigs get their first wins.LC and Seq should be a good game with the edge going to seq..

Greenback,and Polk win. and MC and Meigs get their first wins.LC and Seq should be a good game with the edge going to seq..

Mcminn Central win? What is this? 2008? Oh yeah, it's 2009. No.. It's definately 2010. Walker valley is going to walk all over central like every other team except walker valley is not going to pull their starters after the first quarter. But anyway good luck to both teams.

Walker Valley-56

vs

Mcminn Central-12

I just quinched your thirst ;)

Edited by AquaWater

Mcminn Central win? What is this? 2008? Oh yeah, it's 2009. No.. It's definately 2010. Walker valley is going to walk all over central like every other team except walker valley is not going to pull their starters after the first quarter. But anyway good luck to both teams.

Walker Valley-56

vs

Mcminn Central-12

I just quinched your thirst ;)

I agree somewhat, I do think Walker Valley will win, agree that WV will keep their starters in the whole game but will not pull away untill late. WV 27 McC 18