Tennessee Summer Exposure

big_joe

Big Joe (no biggie to me, but shouldn't this be in the 'Travel Teams' section?),

I'm glad you posted this so I could say something about one of those BEST players: This is the new 'debut' for one our state's SUPER players, in my opinion, McKenzie Leding (of Goodpasture and playing for TN Xplosion Gold in this tournament). As many of you may or may not know, she suffered from a very serious health condition that could've gone very wrong had it not been looked at by a doctor. For a while she had been playing in pain and really not just playing...she was EXCELLING! (I was a witness...for all of you LeBron fans). But, if you know her, she's not a whiner and she just...well, played through it, like a studdette does sometimes. And even though she's to be commended for not being a sissy/whiner, in all seriousness, she should've had this checked a long time ago. I say this also to say that if your child complains about pain over a period of time, have them checked out. Her own Dad feels as bad about it as I would if I was him. He, and I'm sure her Mom (don't know her), feel terrible that they let her let it go. And now, looking back, they wish they'd have made her go to see a doctor or at least to the emergency room. But, in hindsight, that's easy to say. I'm just glad she's OK and back out on the softball field. As I said, she's a STUDDETTE! and one of the best in the State...in my opinion, and even though Goodpasture used to beat us like a drum all the time (notice, 'Kenzie, I said 'used to' :thumb: ).

Have a GREAT weekend of ball, 'skinny!' I'm so glad you're healthy again. God bless!

Edited by 5-Sport Dad

Big Joe (no biggie to me, but shouldn't this be in the 'Travel Teams' section?),

I'm glad you posted this so I could say something about one of those BEST players: This is the new 'debut' for one our state's SUPER players, in my opinion, McKenzie Leding (of Goodpasture and playing for TN Xplosion Gold in this tournament). As many of you may or may not know, she suffered from a very serious health condition that could've gone very wrong had it not been looked at by a doctor. For a while she had been playing in pain and really not just playing...she was EXCELLING! (I was a witness...for all of you LeBron fans). But, if you know her, she's not a whiner and she just...well, played through it, like a studdette does sometimes. And even though she's to be commended for not being a sissy/whiner, in all seriousness, she should've had this checked a long time ago. I say this also to say that if your child complains about pain over a period of time, have them checked out. Her own Dad feels as bad about it as I would if I was him. He, and I'm sure her Mom (don't know her), feel terrible that they let her let it go. And now, looking back, they wish they'd have made her go to see a doctor or at least to the emergency room. But, in hindsight, that's easy to say. I'm just glad she's OK and back out on the softball field. As I said, she's a STUDDETTE! and one of the best in the State...in my opinion, and even though Goodpasture used to beat us like a drum all the time (notice, 'Kenzie, I said 'used to' :thumb: ).

Have a GREAT weekend of ball, 'skinny!' I'm so glad you're healthy again. God bless!

(Well, the reason it's on this board is that these girls are known by which HIGH SCHOOL Team they play for over which travel team. It could be on both boards I guess. Even when you posted, you mentioned of how she plays for Goodpasture more than how she is playing for Xplosion.)

GOD BLESS McKenzie!!! She is truly a STUDDETTE and ONE of the MANY GREAT softball players from this state that is playing this weekend. My daughters got to play with her some in the fall(Team Synergy), and against her this last Spring in High School Ball(Lawrence County) and she is a GREAT person and a SUPER softball player.

Somebody please update us on how Sunday played out... The 'official' website doesn't say.

It does now under Results:

http://www.tnexposure.net/TSERESULTS.html

16U SPARKS & TN XPLOSION GOLD ARE 2010 TSE CHAMPIONS

Congratulations goes out to the Alabama Huntsville Sparks for winning the 16U division of the 2010 TN Summer Exposure and to the TN Xplosion Gold for taking home the crown in the 18U division. We feel we had the most competitive field to date and would like to thank the 63 teams, who represented 9 different states, the coaches, fans, umpires and the many staff members who have made this tournament another successful event. We would also like to thank the 41 college coaches in attendance as well.

18U CHAMPIONSHIP

TN Xplosion Gold 2 AL Huntsville Sharks (Purple) 0

SEMI FINALS

AL Huntsville Sharks (Purple) 10 TN Attack 0

TN Xplosion Gold 3 TN Murfreesboro Firebirds 1

QUARTER FINALS

TN Xplosion Gold 4 KY Bluegrass Blaze 0

TN Murfreesboro Firebirds 8 West TN Express 5

AL Huntsville Sharks (Purple) 2 TN Team Worth Gold 0

TN Attack 10 AL Fusion 2

16U CHAMPIONSHIP

AL Huntsville Sparks 10 GA East Cobb Bullets 4

SEMI FINALS

AL Huntsville Sparks 2 TN Germantown Red Devils 0

GA East Cobb Bullets 3 TN Impact Fastpitch 2

QUARTER FINALS

TN Germantown Red Devils 4 IL Downstate Rippers 2

AL Huntsville Sparks 11 TN Worth 94 0

TN Impact Fastpitch 5 North AL Kraze 3

GA East Cobb Bullets 5 TN Knoxville Thunder 4

It does now under Results:

http://www.tnexposure.net/TSERESULTS.html

16U SPARKS & TN XPLOSION GOLD ARE 2010 TSE CHAMPIONS

Congratulations goes out to the Alabama Huntsville Sparks for winning the 16U division of the 2010 TN Summer Exposure and to the TN Xplosion Gold for taking home the crown in the 18U division. We feel we had the most competitive field to date and would like to thank the 63 teams, who represented 9 different states, the coaches, fans, umpires and the many staff members who have made this tournament another successful event. We would also like to thank the 41 college coaches in attendance as well.

18U CHAMPIONSHIP

TN Xplosion Gold 2 AL Huntsville Sharks (Purple) 0

SEMI FINALS

AL Huntsville Sharks (Purple) 10 TN Attack 0

TN Xplosion Gold 3 TN Murfreesboro Firebirds 1

QUARTER FINALS

TN Xplosion Gold 4 KY Bluegrass Blaze 0

TN Murfreesboro Firebirds 8 West TN Express 5

AL Huntsville Sharks (Purple) 2 TN Team Worth Gold 0

TN Attack 10 AL Fusion 2

16U CHAMPIONSHIP

AL Huntsville Sparks 10 GA East Cobb Bullets 4

SEMI FINALS

AL Huntsville Sparks 2 TN Germantown Red Devils 0

GA East Cobb Bullets 3 TN Impact Fastpitch 2

QUARTER FINALS

TN Germantown Red Devils 4 IL Downstate Rippers 2

AL Huntsville Sparks 11 TN Worth 94 0

TN Impact Fastpitch 5 North AL Kraze 3

GA East Cobb Bullets 5 TN Knoxville Thunder 4

That's not the correct score for the semi-finals game between the AL Sharks and TN Attack. The score was 13 - 9. We did get beat but not 10 - 0!! The Sharks did have to work to beat us. It definitely was not a run rule game!!

Thanks! Weren't the Huntsville Sharks (Purple) made up of the Wallace St. CC incoming freshmen? And the 'other' Sharks' team Wallace St.'s rising sophs?

They were "Junior College" players, not D1 studdetts. I thought they were all wearing the arm bands that showed that??? The whole team had them on. It was no secret at the ballpark.

They were "Junior College" players, not D1 studdetts. I thought they were all wearing the arm bands that showed that??? The whole team had them on. It was no secret at the ballpark.

I only saw 'recruitable' ones and 'signed/committed' ones. Were there 'JC' bands, too? And what was 'no secret at the ballpark?'

I only saw 'recruitable' ones and 'signed/committed' ones. Were there 'JC' bands, too? And what was 'no secret at the ballpark?'

If they are already playing at a JC they are already signed/committed to that school. The team was wearing the "signed/committed" bands. And it was no secret that they were Junior College players. Most everybody knew that.

• Upvote 1

If they are already playing at a JC they are already signed/committed to that school. The team was wearing the "signed/committed" bands. And it was no secret that they were Junior College players. Most everybody knew that.

LOL...it doesn't have to be a secret for me not to know...lol. I stay in the dark....That is good to know and it explains why the coach from Wallace State was so interested in them. Like I said before it was a good tournament I thought...good competition and I feel good that our two losses were against the number one and number two teams there. Wins and trophys are nice but it is far better to get the experience and learn to play better ball for what lies down the road. I am just glad mine gets another year of this and another year of high school ball before she has to go off to college.

Thanks for the info.

It's not that big of an issue, but the older (sophomore) team were all wearing yellow bands, which were for 2011 players. I had heard that they were returning JUCO players so the yellow bands were confusing to me. One of our coaches knew their pitcher and said she was a JUCO sophomore and I commented that every player on the field was wearing 2011 yellow bands. Their 3rd baseman overheard our conversation and told me that they were all sophomores at Wallace State. Her explanation for the yellow was that they were out of the others and gave them all yellow. Don't know if that was why they were wearing them or not, but that was her explanation. Although we played the other Shark team on Sunday, I didn't even look to see what color they were wearing.