Blaze and Rico

Guest region4fan

Guest region4fan

Anybody that was at the H'ville/Blackman game...did Rico play? How did he look?Any info about the game would be appreciated. They announced at our game that H'ville was leading the Blaze 7-0 at the half. Obviously that was wrong!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by region4fan:

Anybody that was at the H'ville/Blackman game...did Rico play? How did he look?Any info about the game would be appreciated. They announced at our game that H'ville was leading the Blaze 7-0 at the half. Obviously that was wrong!

Well to put it mildly, we have really missed Rico! He added the extra punch on defense we needed for sure! On offense he played sparringly, but he showed moments of brilliance even though he isn't even close to mid-season form! People the jets are still there! And the hit he put on that reciever on the Commando's most crucial 3rd down of the game will definatly make the highlight film at the end of the season! I hope the dentists office is open early for that poor guy, b/c I'm sure his molars are loose after that hit! To end this one up, we'll enjoy this one for the weekend but next week should be a much tougher game! :D

Rico was really what the team needed last night. The whole mentality of the team is gonna change. And no, Hendersonville never had the lead. =)

Posted by region4fan:

:D:)

Yes, Rico is back, and doesn't seem to have missed much of a beat. Coach Alsup didn't give him as many reps at tailback as Kenny M.(6) But Rico's first ball of the night sent a shock right down the line to all the h'ville players because now they had someone really fast to contain. They really only contained him like 2-3 times because the o-line collapsed around him. He was denied a 71-yard td run because of a holding penalty. That tells a lot about his running abilities. He also broke free for a 36? yard td run, which was most impressive. He was very impressive on defense with an interception, and the 3rd down conversion break up.

Sorry guys, but that 3rd down play won't be on the bhs highlight tape because neither camera men got the shot. We were confused about how both teams were lined up and didn't know the ball was snapped. After the play, and we saw the massive hit rico gave him, we were so mad with ourselves that we didn't get the footage. However we did get his big runs, although 2 big ones were denied, we still have great footage of his 36? yard td run.

Guest region4fan

Blaze...great atricle in the Daily News Journal today on your defense. I still say that your band helps you out at home cause they distract the opposition . I have never heard such a LOUD band even at UT games.I think that they actually think that the fans come to see them!

Guest region4fan

Hello there SLIM! I know you are loving it that Rico has returned and your team is full throttle. Too bad they couldn't wait out one more game though! Seriously...it is always good to see players recover fast. Especially their senior year.

Do you agree with me about your band?? I hear that the director says he does not have to be quiet when Blackman is on offense.And there is NOTHING that Coach Alsup can do to shut them up!!Is that true?? It sure seemed that way to me the 4 times that I saw the Blaze in action last year. I also talked to one of the coaches that was really perturbed with the band when you played Riverdale last year.(the second time)

Posted by region4fan:

Hello there SLIM! I know you are loving it that Rico has returned and your team is full throttle. Too bad they couldn't wait out one more game though! Seriously...it is always good to see players recover fast. Especially their senior year.

Do you agree with me about your band?? I hear that the director says he does not have to be quiet when Blackman is on offense.And there is NOTHING that Coach Alsup can do to shut them up!!Is that true?? It sure seemed that way to me the 4 times that I saw the Blaze in action last year. I also talked to one of the coaches that was really perturbed with the band when you played Riverdale last year.(the second time)

Hey there Regoin4Fan, I can honestly say as a former Blackman player, that eventhough the band helps out alot on when were on defense, but when they play when were on offense it is a little bit annoying. And I know exactly what the coach meant about the Riverdale game last year, not only did we have to put up with 9000 screaming fans but we also had to hear over our band and Riverdales band.

[Edited by Blazer14 on 10-2-02 3:44P]