Clinic Bowl: Franklin vs. BGA

TheAnswer21

I've got the vibe that it is going to be a lot like last years game, very close.

B.G.A should be looking pretty good passing wise, with the Smith brothers. (If they are both still in the receiver spots.) No clue how their backfield is looking this year not really having a running back returning. But if their line holds up, and they can throw the ball like they should be able to, then it really might not be a problem for them. I really don't know much about B.G.A.'s defense this year, but with Coach Webb managing that side of the ball, then you can only expect good things. I'm hoping some others can fill in what I left out and fix mistakes.

Franklin should also be solid on the offensive side of the ball. Kuivinen will return as QB, and after a year of starting and another of getting a fair amount of playing time, he should have matured enough to be a strong player this season. The line should be solid and have some decent size, with leadership coming from Senior Logan Tucker. I'm really looking forward to what they bring at the receiver position with Young returning, and a new transfer. Look for a solid backfield led by Dye, who had a good season in 2009 despite Ford and Lee getting most of the handoffs. Defense is looking good with a fair amount of speeds in the backs. You know Coach Webb couldn't have left them in bad shape.

Should be a great game that I can't wait to see!

My prediction:

B.G.A. 7

Franklin 10

Should be a good game. If Franklin were healthy I would predict them to win, but I hear they have been plagued by injuries in the backfield so I'm not sure how they'll hold up with a weak run game.

The run game will not be weak. Yes, the loss of Ford and Lee will be missed, but the REBELS will always have a good running back. The O line is where it starts and we have all but one returning from last year. We have a very good TE to go along with those linemen! The way we threw and caught vs. Goodpasture is enough to get things going. If the run game hurts then we will go to the air. Matt will throw to many very capable receivers and TE. With the Defense coming along like it has then I predict a not as close contest as last year.

Franklin Rebels 24

BGA 7

Franklin has lost their top 3 RBs to injury. So there run game will suffer. You two must not be very close to the program.

You are the one that must not be close to the program! I was at the Goodpasture Scrimmage and I still see a very cabable running back. Like I said we re-load! I know Dye will be missed, but with our passing game the way it is: WE WILL BE FINE!

Did you not go to scrimmages and see the ball being thrown and caught so well by WR and TE's??

• Upvote 1

Like I said if you think Franklin's running game will be where it was going to be with the 3 injured starters than you have some serious issues. Anytime a coach has to hold RB tryouts during camp that means there are some major problems. Franklin will need a threat of a running game or defenses will pin their ears back and come after the QB.

Like I said if you think Franklin's running game will be where it was going to be with the 3 injured starters than you have some serious issues. Anytime a coach has to hold RB tryouts during camp that means there are some major problems. Franklin will need a threat of a running game or defenses will pin their ears back and come after the QB.

I somewhat agree with you, but we do have a very good offensive line with a good TE. I believe after watching the running back during the Goodpasture game that we will be fine. The holes will be there and after another good week of practice he will be ok at running back. Here kitty kitty, Rebels are coming on over there on Saturday. I hope you have your litter box ready!