Chattanooga Volleyball

smdad

With the season starting Monday, and having seen a couple of playdays and Choo Choo team camp, it's time to make some predictions. The hardest part is predicting teams that I haven't seen (GPS, Soddy and Ooltewah), and picking teams that have a key player missing for now (Ooltewah). Also, since so many teams in Chattanooga end up in different classes, and with no end of season City tournament, there is no way of really knowing how accurate a top 5 or top 10 really is. Despite all of that, here goes as of the start of the season:

1. Baylor - Although young, they've got a good middle, a good OH and good coaching.

2. Soddy - The reports from the ER playday were very positive about Soddy, and I think they will have more height than anybody in Chattanooga. This spot may be too low.

3. Red Bank - They lost a lot, but have an outstanding OH that can take over a match.

4. Ooltewah - Hard to know where to put them until more is known about the injury to their middle, but if she is not back, this may still be a little high.

5. Boyd Buchanan - This team struggled a little at the playday, but still should be very good.

6. Signal Mountain - With a senior class for the first time, it's time to pick up the game.

7. GPS - Hard to know where to put them, because I haven't had the chance to watch them. I know they have some height, and I know Coach Brock will coach 'em up.

8. East Ridge - Only saw them at the Choo Choo playday, so I don't know if that was a full roster. There was not a lot of size, but Coach Neely had them playing very hard.

Other teams that should be in the mix are CCS (but they seemed to struggle when I saw them, but may have been missing a player), CSAS (who played with a lot of energy), Grace, Notre Dame, and East Hamilton.

With the season starting Monday, and having seen a couple of playdays and Choo Choo team camp, it's time to make some predictions. The hardest part is predicting teams that I haven't seen (GPS, Soddy and Ooltewah), and picking teams that have a key player missing for now (Ooltewah). Also, since so many teams in Chattanooga end up in different classes, and with no end of season City tournament, there is no way of really knowing how accurate a top 5 or top 10 really is. Despite all of that, here goes as of the start of the season:

1. Baylor - Although young, they've got a good middle, a good OH and good coaching.

2. Soddy - The reports from the ER playday were very positive about Soddy, and I think they will have more height than anybody in Chattanooga. This spot may be too low.

3. Red Bank - They lost a lot, but have an outstanding OH that can take over a match.

4. Ooltewah - Hard to know where to put them until more is known about the injury to their middle, but if she is not back, this may still be a little high.

5. Boyd Buchanan - This team struggled a little at the playday, but still should be very good.

6. Signal Mountain - With a senior class for the first time, it's time to pick up the game.

7. GPS - Hard to know where to put them, because I haven't had the chance to watch them. I know they have some height, and I know Coach Brock will coach 'em up.

8. East Ridge - Only saw them at the Choo Choo playday, so I don't know if that was a full roster. There was not a lot of size, but Coach Neely had them playing very hard.

Other teams that should be in the mix are CCS (but they seemed to struggle when I saw them, but may have been missing a player), CSAS (who played with a lot of energy), Grace, Notre Dame, and East Hamilton.

From uu I24 a ways, after iunterviewing schools from Chattanooga, Ooltewah fans thnk martin will be back by the first of September. this came from more than one. Your pick aof Baylar sounds right Soddy might be a little high but at the time injuries were bothering them a bit. However a great defensive team. Your acessment of RB might be a bit high. From those who had seen them, depth was a problem. Our acessment with Ooltewah is with Martin, they are a totally different team. Still exceptionally good defensively and very fast and quick, but needed Martin. A typical O team that will battle you to death.

A lot was expectedd from yur bottom four, to top two because of tradition and the bottom two because of coaching.

In essence, you had some agreement from my interviews who were very candid we can expect a strong group of schools coming out of Chattanooga.

It has already been really hot during the camp at Red Bank, and it was the same during the playday. So I was thinking about what the most of the Knoxville posters wer saying. Chattanooga has its own coaches in chattown that have put as many if not more into college and won the big game as well. Neely at ER 1400 wins almost 50 yrs(just think 2 all-staters per year couple of State Championships), Thurman at Red Bank 800 wins, Brock (yes we have a male coach that started some clubs for the kids as well) at GPS 700 wins(couple of Championships), I also think the AC'ers forgot about coach Moore at Farragut that left with over 700 wins. When I think about Nashville They have enough Brass at BW, FR, and Page I wouldn't even compare the number of kids they have put into college volleyball to the other cities. Guessing and listening to Club parents this will be my best guess for the teams in Chattown.

#1 Ooltewah Martin is back

#2 Red Bank Helton going to UTK

#3 Signal Mt A strong core of kids

#4 Soddy-Daisy softball will be good to this team and the big Middle will be back

#5 Baylor Coach will have them hungry for another shot at State

#6 Walker Valley a good team that seems to play together

#7 Cleveland DS and Setters can go

#8 GPS still rebuilding, but has some good jumpers and a hard nose coach

#9 Boyd young DS's 8th graders is what I was told, but Harper will get her kills

I think Notre Dame and CCS will be a big suprise this year. new coaches and club players have helped a lot.