Science Hill (1-0) @ Elizabethton (1-0)

EHSTrack06

Both teams coming off of wins. Science Hill barely eeking by SD 10-7 with the Cyclones cruising past the Falcons 28-13 minus a rough road during the 2nd half.

EHS won last year while SH finished with only a 4-6 record.

I don't know a lot about Soddy Daisy but they went 5-5 in 09. On paper EHS wins this one once again.

This might change later in the week but as of now I have:

Old and stupid prediction

EHS: 31

SHHS: 10

New and more logical prediction

EHS: 24

SHHS: 14

I feel that once the Cyclones use this week to correct what went wrong during the 2nd half they will be a much stronger team next week surprising a weaker SH squad then in previous years.

Edited by EHSTrack06

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams coming off of wins. Science Hill barely eeking by SD 10-7 with the Cyclones cruising past the Falcons 28-13 minus a rough road during the 2nd half.

I don't know a lot about Soddy Daisy but they went 5-5 in 09. On paper EHS wins this one once again.

I feel that once the Cyclones use this week to correct what went wrong during the 2nd half they will be a much stronger team next week surprising a weaker SH squad then in previous years.

It believe the score will be closer than that and shawn needs to work on offense a little bit more.Defense looks good but offense needs more work.The good thing about it is we have plenty of time to work on offense and i know shawn will make improvements.The one thing i noticed is we have alot of players going both ways.Good win Cyclones

Are you kidding??? I have a strong feeling you are going to be unpleasantly surprised!

Edited by The Hill

True and from what I have been hearing SH has a good D this year but their offense was also lacking. It will be interesting and I stand by my original prediction that EHS will win but like I said, Score will probably change later in the week. I know it will be closer in the end, it is everytime they play each other. But you can't tell me that this year's Science Hill is a stronger team(at this point) then the one that was whipping us for years on end(excluding last year)

Aug. 28, 2009 at Science Hill 14 Elizabethton 23

Aug. 29, 2008 at Elizabethton 21 Science Hill 28

Aug. 31, 2007 at Science Hill 28 Elizabethton 7

Aug. 25, 2006 at Elizabethton 7 Science Hill 21

Aug. 26, 2005 at Science Hill 12 Elizabethton 6

Aug. 27, 2004 at Elizabethton 13 Science Hill 24

Aug. 29, 2003 at Science Hill 9 Elizabethton 7

Aug. 30, 2002 at Elizabethton 34 Science Hill 28

Aug. 24, 2001 at Science Hill 35 Elizabethton 14

in the past 9 years we are 2-7 against SH.

Edited by EHSTrack06

True and from what I have been hearing SH has a good D this year but their offense was also lacking. It will be interesting and I stand by my original prediction that EHS will win but like I said, Score will probably change later in the week. I know it will be closer in the end, it is everytime they play each other. But you can't tell me that this year's Science Hill is a stronger team(at this point) then the one that was whipping us for years on end(excluding last year)

Aug. 28, 2009 at Science Hill 14 Elizabethton 23

Aug. 29, 2008 at Elizabethton 21 Science Hill 28

Aug. 31, 2007 at Science Hill 28 Elizabethton 7

Aug. 25, 2006 at Elizabethton 7 Science Hill 21

Aug. 26, 2005 at Science Hill 12 Elizabethton 6

Aug. 27, 2004 at Elizabethton 13 Science Hill 24

Aug. 29, 2003 at Science Hill 9 Elizabethton 7

Aug. 30, 2002 at Elizabethton 34 Science Hill 28

Aug. 24, 2001 at Science Hill 35 Elizabethton 14

in the past 9 years we are 2-7 against SH.

It should be another great game in the series.

Yes, clearly I was not thinking clearly when I posted my prediction but then it was also a knee jerk reaction as well. I think AT MOST EHS will win by 10-14..31-10 was a joke looking back at it now lol

I do believe it will be a close game but that's why they play the game on the field.

I fully expect Coach Carter to turn Science Hill into a powerhouse, sooner than later, but it will take him a little time. The Hill has always had plenty of talent and quality athletes, but have never seemed to reach thier potential. Maybe this is the year that they really begin building a quality program. I am glad Elizabethton is getting them early, as they may be really good by seasons end.

Elizabethton gave up a fluke touchdown to Volunteer early when Rogers bounced out of a pile and went 60 yards for a touchdown. Credit Rogers for continuing to run, but the Cyclones seemed to let up on the play. Betsy responded with 28 straight points before halftime and it appeared the blowout I predicted was on. Alec Whitehead had three touchdowns in a sparkling first half effort. The second half was not good for Elizabethton's offense. Speed back Terrance Turner sat most of the second half with a lower leg contusion. McKinley Berry never looked sharp or got in a good rhythm throwing the football. The receivers had trouble getting seperation from the Falcon defensive backs and Betsy turned the ball over once on a tough luck second effort fumble. The tough running of sophomore Zach Moore was the best thing Betsy had going in the second half. Volunteer pounded the ball on the ground with Rogers and ate up a lot of clock. The Cyclone defense looked pretty good all night, especially hard hitting linebackers Luke Nidiffer and Austin Nanney. Big Matt Smith also had a nice defensive game.

I hope Turner is healthy next week for Elizabethton, as his speed adds a much needed element to the Betsy offense. I cannot help but think Berry and the Cyclone receivers will have a better game against Science Hill after a week of work. The defense looks pretty strong. Depth is a concern. Many of the key Cyclones go both ways and heat and cramping will be a factor. All that being said, I still like Betsy at home this early against Science Hill. On a Christine Hardin extra point, I say Betsy 21-20 in a thriller. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

I fully expect Coach Carter to turn Science Hill into a powerhouse, sooner than later, but it will take him a little time. The Hill has always had plenty of talent and quality athletes, but have never seemed to reach thier potential. Maybe this is the year that they really begin building a quality program. I am glad Elizabethton is getting them early, as they may be really good by seasons end.

Elizabethton gave up a fluke touchdown to Volunteer early when Rogers bounced out of a pile and went 60 yards for a touchdown. Credit Rogers for continuing to run, but the Cyclones seemed to let up on the play. Betsy responded with 28 straight points before halftime and it appeared the blowout I predicted was on. Alec Whitehead had three touchdowns in a sparkling first half effort. The second half was not good for Elizabethton's offense. Speed back Terrance Turner sat most of the second half with a lower leg contusion. McKinley Berry never looked sharp or got in a good rhythm throwing the football. The receivers had trouble getting seperation from the Falcon defensive backs and Betsy turned the ball over once on a tough luck second effort fumble. The tough running of sophomore Zach Moore was the best thing Betsy had going in the second half. Volunteer pounded the ball on the ground with Rogers and ate up a lot of clock. The Cyclone defense looked pretty good all night, especially hard hitting linebackers Luke Nidiffer and Austin Nanney. Big Matt Smith also had a nice defensive game.

I hope Turner is healthy next week for Elizabethton, as his speed adds a much needed element to the Betsy offense. I cannot help but think Berry and the Cyclone receivers will have a better game against Science Hill after a week of work. The defense looks pretty strong. Depth is a concern. Many of the key Cyclones go both ways and heat and cramping will be a factor. All that being said, I still like Betsy at home this early against Science Hill. On a Christine Hardin extra point, I say Betsy 21-20 in a thriller. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

When you find out anything about turner let us know.He is the only speed back we have and we need him next week.

When you find out anything about turner let us know.He is the only speed back we have and we need him next week.

We did see a couple of good runs from Senior Jake Hubberd, (21) he has as much speed as Moore and Turner. Whitehead will find a way to get it into the endzone, but Berry has to get his act together with the receivers, they looked like were in slow motion and did not run their paterns a crisp as the Jamboree. Even if the ball was not called to come to them they must know that they could get the ball if the main receiver is covered and run like it was comming to them. Water, Water, Water before the next game.