gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

They were doing really well in the eye, and I thought Swaim would've ran the ball more.

They move the ball downfield, and then abandon what got them there.

Smith can throw the ball, but the all the hitch passes won't work as well against a well disciplined team like SC.

That is one thing I believe they run too much is the hitch. It got them about 10-15 yards on one play that I can remember on a missed tackle, but other than that, not much. I agree 100% that Chaz can throw the ball. Playcalling had a lot to do with it IMO. But neither offense was going in the first half.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carthage really not impressive, this one is on us. this game usually has no bearing on our season. i think we will respond next week. the season didnt come an end.

Yeah...SC would have won by 40 if the offense had a little more experience. :D This SC team will be tough by the end of the year...barring injury. I think SC wore the Kitties down...they were all dragging in the 4th quarter.

Yeah...SC would have won by 40 if the offense had a little more experience. :D This SC team will be tough by the end of the year...barring injury. I think SC wore the Kitties down...they were all dragging in the 4th quarter.

The Tigers are in good shape. It's not that they got wore down. I let everyone else fill in the blanks. Plus, there were kids on the sidelines who could've came in to give some needed rest to some kids.

I dont know if gordonsville fans notice this much, but it seems that a few players for gordonsville lack respect for their coaches. Of course I understand with the redundant play calling I would get frustrated to, but you still should not disrespect the coaches the way it looks like two of them were doing. It also looked as if these two certain players did not respect several teammates as well. I realize there is a time to get on to your teammate and try to fire them up, but it looked like after every play in the 2nd half especially once gordonsville got down, these two were chewing out their teammates or coaches. just an opinion. If I'm the only one who noticed I'll be quite.

On another note, SC was typical SC in this game. Coaches making the necessary changes at halftime to shut down the Tigers. Seen it many times in this series. Gordonsville was typical Gordonsville, running same passing routes and same running plays. Good luck to both teams next week and rest of season. Go Owls!

The Tigers are in good shape. It's not that they got wore down. I let everyone else fill in the blanks. Plus, there were kids on the sidelines who could've came in to give some needed rest to some kids.

[/quote

Sorry my friend...they were gassed. If they had more players...they should have played them.

Or it could have been the mouthing your coaches did at Waffle House last Friday night. :rolleyes: You never know who's listening.

Ha, B) you better take off those glasses, chicken county was LUCKY to get the 20 they got. I doubt either one of those offenses could score 40 against a playoff caliber defense. Too bad ya'll skeered to play TC. :o How'd ya'lls middle school do Thursday? ;)

Sorry my friend...they were gassed. If they had more players...they should have played them.

Or it could have been the mouthing your coaches did at Waffle House last Friday night. :rolleyes: You never know who's listening.

I've seen how much they run, they shouldn't be that tired, but there are other things that can be mistaken for being tired.

Ha, B) you better take off those glasses, chicken county was LUCKY to get the 20 they got. I doubt either one of those offenses could score 40 against a playoff caliber defense. Too bad ya'll skeered to play TC. :o How'd ya'lls middle school do Thursday? ;)

Nobody cares what you think...by the way...ILoveHSFootball says hey. :unsure:

I dont know if gordonsville fans notice this much, but it seems that a few players for gordonsville lack respect for their coaches. Of course I understand with the redundant play calling I would get frustrated to, but you still should not disrespect the coaches the way it looks like two of them were doing. It also looked as if these two certain players did not respect several teammates as well. I realize there is a time to get on to your teammate and try to fire them up, but it looked like after every play in the 2nd half especially once gordonsville got down, these two were chewing out their teammates or coaches. just an opinion. If I'm the only one who noticed I'll be quite.

On another note, SC was typical SC in this game. Coaches making the necessary changes at halftime to shut down the Tigers. Seen it many times in this series. Gordonsville was typical Gordonsville, running same passing routes and same running plays. Good luck to both teams next week and rest of season. Go Owls!

I agree completely. If those 2 (I assume it was the same 2) were on SC there would have been a benching followed by a chewing for a little while. I think the problem reaches farther than just those two.

I've seen it as far back as last year, and there were people afraid that it might be a problem.

One thing I need to mention, there were a few players who left it all on the field, others not so much.

You know, I tell my kids that everything you do, no matter what it is, you do it your best. The football players I coach get told that each one has a job on every play. If they don't do there job the right way and to the best of their ability, the play doesn't work.

This team as a whole, coaches on down, needs to do some soul-searching. The ability and talent is there, there is no denying that. That is what is frustrating.

I've seen how much they run, they shouldn't be that tired, but there are other things that can be mistaken for being tired.

I'm sure they are in shape. Playing both ways is tough...especially for linemen. I think you have a very good team. You have a good chance to win the rest of your games.

I agree with the total lack of discipline shown by 2 of the players

on the gville team... This starts at the top..Moose has to shut them

up and teach them to respect coaches teamates and opponents..It is

embarassing as a tiger fan

On the offense-same ole thing

I thought with the NEW offensive coordinator play calling would improve

but NOPE

U know what though-it would have been great to win HOWEVER the games

they need to be prepping and working toward are yet to come...