gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

I've seen it as far back as last year, and there were people afraid that it might be a problem.

One thing I need to mention, there were a few players who left it all on the field, others not so much.

You know, I tell my kids that everything you do, no matter what it is, you do it your best. The football players I coach get told that each one has a job on every play. If they don't do there job the right way and to the best of their ability, the play doesn't work.

This team as a whole, coaches on down, needs to do some soul-searching. The ability and talent is there, there is no denying that. That is what is frustrating.

Agreed. There were many Gordonsville players I thought played their hearts out. And you are right, they have alot of talent which would frustrate me as a fan when you dont put up any points.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the total lack of discipline shown by 2 of the players

on the gville team... This starts at the top..Moose has to shut them

up and teach them to respect coaches teamates and opponents..It is

embarassing as a tiger fan

On the offense-same ole thing

I thought with the NEW offensive coordinator play calling would improve

but NOPE

U know what though-it would have been great to win HOWEVER the games

they need to be prepping and working toward are yet to come...

Totally agree.

As far as the play calling, here's what it seems to me.

When the Tigers play teams like SC, TC, and Friendship, most of the time the playcalling seems ultra conservative. They did run a couple of reverses, one was a TC, but a holding penalty.

You know, I haven't seen any stats, but I'm pretty sure Gville had more penalty yards in the first half than total yards for SC.

And, I'd say Woodmore was approaching 150 yards. There is no reason that there shouldn't have been points on the board.

It also seemed that SC was keying on Chaz moreso than Cody. Hindsight looks like a smart move.

I agree with the total lack of discipline shown by 2 of the players

on the gville team... This starts at the top..Moose has to shut them

up and teach them to respect coaches teamates and opponents..It is

embarassing as a tiger fan

On the offense-same ole thing

I thought with the NEW offensive coordinator play calling would improve

but NOPE

U know what though-it would have been great to win HOWEVER the games

they need to be prepping and working toward are yet to come...

[/quot

The discipline thing went on last year as well. Its easy to get on here and say what we would do. I think though the coaches have got to fix this problem before it spreads. Younger players see the older ones get by with it and it spirals. I would bench both of them after their episode tonight. Watson #16 will be a good qb and would gain from getting the early experience. If Smith or Jackson do not like it, tell them dont let the door hit you on the way out. Nobody is irreplaceable.

Totally agree.

As far as the play calling, here's what it seems to me.

When the Tigers play teams like SC, TC, and Friendship, most of the time the playcalling seems ultra conservative. They did run a couple of reverses, one was a TC, but a holding penalty.

You know, I haven't seen any stats, but I'm pretty sure Gville had more penalty yards in the first half than total yards for SC.

And, I'd say Woodmore was approaching 150 yards. There is no reason that there shouldn't have been points on the board.

It also seemed that SC was keying on Chaz moreso than Cody. Hindsight looks like a smart move.

SC's play calling was pretty conservative too early...rightly so with the inexperience.

If that dude had held on any longer...they would be engaged. That was an easy call.

Woodmore broke free but got caught by SC's whole secondary and a de. He runs hard...and is very affective...but speed is not his forte. Good back tho'

SC's play calling was pretty conservative too early...rightly so with the inexperience.

If that dude had held on any longer...they would be engaged. That was an easy call.

Woodmore broke free but got caught by SC's whole secondary and a de. He runs hard...and is very affective...but speed is not his forte. Good back tho'

I didn't see the penalty, but I'm not saying it didn't happen either.

There were some other early penalties that I question, especially the pass interference on Chaz, and the late hit on McCoy.

But, neither one gave the Owls any points. It made their drives longer but no points.

I didn't see the penalty, but I'm not saying it didn't happen either.

There were some other early penalties that I question, especially the pass interference on Chaz, and the late hit on McCoy.

But, neither one gave the Owls any points. It made their drives longer but no points.

The interference was a good call. If he hadn't interfered...it would have been a td. Heads up play by Chaz.