Alcoa vs Maryville

pepvol

Any Rebel that tries to confront this F5 will get destroyed! Alcoa is the beast from the east.

F5-28

Rebels-17

Alcoa certainly handed it to Maryville last year. Not sure you are ready to be claiming dominance. Maryville has beaten a lot of very talented Alcoa teams in the past. Alcoa and Maryville both have 2 very sound teams...it will be a great game. I hope you have not gotten too excited about the F5's win over Middlesboro last week or the win last year against Maryville. This will be a new game. I hope for a great injury free game for both teams. Go Rebels!

? The Coaches are as about as even as it gets. I know a lot of Maryville folks won't agree with that but Rankin's record speaks for itself.

:roflol:

Seriously...take those maroon colored glasses off for a couple of minutes. While Rankin does a fine job as a coach he is more noted as a team builder and a disciplinarian. When it comes to X's and O's GQ will always coach circles around Rankin. That's just the facts. Rankin has about 5 plays in his offense and that is all he needs. Last year is a perfect example. Alcoa was as dominant as they could possibly be and yet Maryville lead at halftime. Someone must have pulled Rankin to the side at halftime and said coach......you think we might ought to gut them since we are unstoppable at that point of attack? You keep dreaming and I will keep :roflolk: Rankin knows how to build a team and he is a strong in discipline....exactly what it takes to run the Alcoa machine....but he can't touch GQ when it comes to X's and O's.

• Upvote 1

? The Coaches are as about as even as it gets. I know a lot of Maryville folks won't agree with that but Rankin's record speaks for itself.

:roflol:

Seriously...take those maroon colored glasses off for a couple of minutes. While Rankin does a fine job as a coach he is more noted as a team builder and a disciplinarian. When it comes to X's and O's GQ will always coach circles around Rankin. That's just the facts. Rankin has about 5 plays in his offense and that is all he needs. Last year is a perfect example. Alcoa was as dominant as they could possibly be and yet Maryville lead at halftime. Someone must have pulled Rankin to the side at halftime and said coach......you think we might ought to gut them since we are unstoppable at that point of attack? You keep dreaming and I will keep :roflolk: Rankin knows how to build a team and he is a strong in discipline....exactly what it takes to run the Alcoa machine....but he can't touch GQ when it comes to X's and O's.

Rankin has won 4 5A titles with Riverdale. He has been to the title game like 8 times in 5A. He played in arguably the toughest District in all of the state. He's won 4 straight titles at Alcoa. He also had a great record with Smith County and turned that program around. That should speak for itself. I guess building a team and strong discipline works. :roflol: The fact is that's part of coaching too. GQ probably is better at X's and O's but I don't believe its as big as you claim. If you didn't have GQ for a coach. What coach would you want for the Rebels?

Edited by DSM10

If you didn't have GQ for a coach. What coach would you want for the Rebels?

David Ellis

Jimmy Gaylor

Mike White

Joe Robinette

Jeremy Russell

Larry Walker

Nick Black

Nick White

Ricky Upton

Derek Hunt

After 1 & 2, not sure about my ordering of the rest

Edited by oldrebel