Davidson Academy

D2A

The bears won't be a running team, if they are they will lose. The Cascade game was a good game, but Cascade did what they had to do to win and Davidson did what they had to to lose, i.e. turn the ball over and drop passes. This years Davidson team will win or lose depending on whether or not the receiving corp decides to show up on Friday nights. They pass 20 times a night and catch it, they're lethal. They don't catch it then it doesn't matter.

This is a great analysis.. Davidson should be a spread team until the line develops. This would open up running lanes for J.Williams and allow the QB to exploit mismatches wit his combo of big and quick young Wrs. Also saw that they should go to a more attacking style of defense because the DL is also inexperienced and on the smaller side. With DA's team numbers, big pounding, running teams will wear them down. They have athletic lbs and should look to pressure and blitz a little more. just my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

The bears won't be a running team, if they are they will lose. The Cascade game was a good game, but Cascade did what they had to do to win and Davidson did what they had to to lose, i.e. turn the ball over and drop passes. This years Davidson team will win or lose depending on whether or not the recieving corp decides to show up on Friday nights. They pass 20 times a night and catch it, they're lethal. They don't catch it then it doesn't matter.

Congrats Davidson, looks like Justin is back and the young DB'S are doing a great job.

DII

Glad to hear Davidson has notched a couple of "W"'s. They are going to need more than 19 or 20 points when they come to Knoxville, though.

Long season ahead before we get to that point. Both teams have a lot of improvement that will occur I'm sure. We look forward to the trip up. Should be a great game on Friday followed by another great one on Saturday! But just cuz I like to have fun, we only need 2 technically.

And as far as the rest of the team playing, yes of course. I really wish some people would realize that no matter how incredible Justin is (and this is in no way, shape, or form a bash on Mr. Williams) he couldn't do anything without at least 10 other guys cuz TSSAA wouldn't allow it. It's a shame people think that he is all this team has because the boys over at Davidson proved last year he wasn't the team.

Long season ahead before we get to that point. Both teams have a lot of improvement that will occur I'm sure. We look forward to the trip up. Should be a great game on Friday followed by another great one on Saturday! But just cuz I like to have fun, we only need 2 technically.

And as far as the rest of the team playing, yes of course. I really wish some people would realize that no matter how incredible Justin is (and this is in no way, shape, or form a bash on Mr. Williams) he couldn't do anything without at least 10 other guys cuz TSSAA wouldn't allow it. It's a shame people think that he is all this team has because the boys over at Davidson proved last year he wasn't the team.

Well said. Having Justin last year at the end would have been fun to watch like the year before....Justin does what he does....but a lot of credit should go to the boys on the line and that Defense. That secondary is growing up. To lose at Cascade was probably the best thing that could have happpened. The younger boys had a decision to make......step up or continue like this.....Justin had to make that decision as well as all the seniors.....time will tell....

All teams improve every week, at least we hope so. Should be a lot of fun at the end.

Well said. Having Justin last year at the end would have been fun to watch like the year before....Justin does what he does....but a lot of credit should go to the boys on the line and that Defense. That secondary is growing up. To lose at Cascade was probably the best thing that could have happpened. The younger boys had a decision to make......step up or continue like this.....Justin had to make that decision as well as all the seniors.....time will tell....

All teams improve every week, at least we hope so. Should be a lot of fun at the end.

Fun for who? Webb Game coming up, beware, they are ranked in the top ten in all of Div II A and AA. :P

and we all know that it seems to rain there "all" the time

haha dats pretty good. my boys will be ready for yall when time comes around. u better hope it rains cause it will be cut low and no water for 2 weeks to get it ready for yall. speed kills and it kills quicker on a fast field. karma is a... fill in da blank! :lol:

my boys r takin care of bizness and will stay focus the rest of da year. so far they beat 2 5a schools and ezell and give up only 7 points. they dont even have everbody dressin yet so theyll be even better once everbody is back. i hear fra is talking like they gonna get my spartans friday night. we see bout that. peace