Cowbell Game (Giles vs. Lawerence)

gcbobcat

I liked the field behind Coffman.It was the field up behind the old armory that was so rough.It think it used to be a churt pit.I expect a good game just afraid Law.Co. has upper hand this year.I think the Bobcats are more atheletic but from what i saw last week seemed like the Bobcats got pushed around alot.But if you look at it Giles Co. has played or scrimmaged a team under 5A since the championship game so at least they are holding their own.

I hope your right about LCHS having an upper hand this year! I can't remember Giles County not having tons of athletes and since your new coach came I have only seen a very physical, well coached machine! I would say as long as you keep your coach that any team he fields will always hold their own and have a great chance of winning! Good luck to both teams and hopefully and injury free game!

Edited by jvb123

I hope your right about LCHS having an upper hand this year! I can't remember Giles County not having tons of athletes and since your new coach came I have only seen a very physical, well coached machine! I would say as long as you keep your coach that any team he fields will always hold their own and have a great chance of winning! Good luck to both teams and hopefully and injury free game!

jvb, you know I hate to agree with you, but I will on this one. GC is filled with athletes and I think I saw 3 or more starters last week that maybe jrs or srs that havent played football since middle school.Everyone be safe and I hope the sushi is fresh. GO BOBCATS!!!!

They have the upper hand based on the simple fact that their starters probably have more experience and playing time.And your right we've had ton's of atheletes come through Giles Co. and we've had some good coaches but they've got a coach and staff now that could and probably should be coaching on the next level.Despite the crappy field conditions(so they say)i like the atmosphere of the games at Law.Co.and like how they say an actual prayer before the game thats nothing but class.Good luck to both teams.

They have the upper hand based on the simple fact that their starters probably have more experience and playing time.And your right we've had ton's of atheletes come through Giles Co. and we've had some good coaches but they've got a coach and staff now that could and probably should be coaching on the next level.Despite the crappy field conditions(so they say)i like the atmosphere of the games at Law.Co.and like how they say an actual prayer before the game thats nothing but class.Good luck to both teams.

I will assure you the field is in great shape. The field does have a larger than normal crown but I am not sure that will play a great part in the final score. If my memory doesn't fail me, Giles countys field had a large crown before they refinished the stadium. How we sometimes forget. Lets PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!! And by the way, we say a prayer before every sporting event in Lawerence County. The football team also has a player lead a prayer after every practice. I think that is something that makes a team a winner no matter what the score ends up being!

Edited by jvb123

A bow to L'burg. Great execution and play calling by the staff. Giles offense was no match for L'burgs defense. A young team has to get out front to build confidence and GC couldn't get there. It was a total knockout for our district tonight.

There is lots of film to look at for sure. GC's staff will have them ready for SH. A work in progress for sure. Still proud of the boys. They'll be back. Soon. 8-)

So thats what it feels like to have your butt handed to you. JVB123 I think I could have run the ball behind yo boy tonight, would have been a little slower though. Lots of ?'s for the Bobcats going into next week, sure they will get worked on REAL hard. Good Luck to both teams. Go CATS BOB and WILD!!!

Dad, thanks for the nice words! It has been a while since LCHS has been on the winning side of the COWBELL game and it does feel great! Getting all our players back was a real plus and I thought we played a great game. I am sure both teams will do great the rest of the season and I look for both teams to make it deep into the playoffs. I realize it has been a while since the GCHS has tasted defeat and I must say they handled it with class. We needed this win much worse than yall did. What does it take to get a jersey retired over there in Giles County? Kind of surprised to see a #12 running around so soon! Brought back some pretty bad memories. Hope the sushi was great! :hungry:

The thing about pigeons is that they rarely go away. But if you study their genealogy one will discover a history of inadequate adaptation. In other words they weren't worth nothing then & they for sure aren't worth nothing now. We have to live with them but we don't have to feed them. ;)

If the Burg doesn't add some glitter to the painting the portrait will look the same. If they do what they normally do & Giles does what they do then expect the cowbell to gather a little more dust. In the Cats trophy case.

I seriously doubt the "T" is gonna hang 39 on anybody. I can assure you it won't on the Coach B D :D

Wiseoldman you were right again! The "T" didn't do 39 they did 42. Not sure who Coach B is but he did get it hung on him tonight! The pigeons have come home to roost!

Seems as though I have irked the Hungarian population of Lawrence County :roflol: I really thought the Carson comment would have gotten you going.

The LC fans are the ones predicting an LC blowout of GCHS. I expect a good game, I expect GC to be ready and a close game on the scoreboard. I also expect your post wasn't the last one.....actually I am quite sure of it :flower:

Well it seems the "Hungarian population" made a bold statement last night! :roflolk:

And the Carson comment amused me about as much as the scoreboard must have done you last night! The talking was apparently done "on the field" and not on this board. But look on the bright side rock, it wasn't my last post! Great Job by the Wildcats!

Other big winners in the district were Columbia, Shelbyville and Tullahoma!