Ooltewah at Austin East

phishdad

Definitely size and SPEED!!! If Owls D can make A-E's offense drive the field and not allow the big play they have a very good chance to win! Will be a hard place to play! I like to call these trap games! Awful locker rooms and facilities! Terrible playing surface! Rough neighborhood! However I do believe the Owls can make enough plays to get out of their with a victory!

Owls 20

A-E 13

Austin-East facilities are not "awful." The visitor locker room is small... especially for a 6A school. Austin-East has a concrete stadium, but there is sufficient seating for both sides. The playing surface is in great condition. It usually stays that way until Austin-East has to play on it when it is wet. What is the basis for your comments about Austin-East's facilities? Have you ever been to Austin-East?

People always say that if you stop Austin-East from getting the "big play," you have a good chance to beat them. That's probably a true statement, but your chances of winning increases for any opponent that you don't allow to have the "big play." Last week Austin-East had drives of 9, 11, and 15 plays. Austin-East has the ability to score without big plays.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually trying to be nice! Yes, I have been to A-E! I have played on the field there and yes, its a freaking dirt track with a blade of grass here and there! Small is an under statement for the visitor locker room! You have to dress in shifts of five at a time and its so hot in there you could stroke out! By the way, I was on a team that beat A-E 62-14! Look that one up!!!

Edited by BigHairyOwl

I was actually trying to be nice! Yes, I have been to A-E! I have played on the field there and yes, its a freaking dirt track with a blade of grass here and there! Small is an under statement for the visitor locker room! You have to dress in shifts of five at a time and its so hot in there you could stroke out! By the way, I was on a team that beat A-E 62-14! Look that one up!!!

I don't know when you visited Austin-East, but the field is far from being a "dirt track." The playing surface is in great condition. Austin-East's field looks better than Ooltewah's field looked last year... not that Ooltewah's field was bad, but Austin-East's field is in great condition right now.

Btw... I could not find a 62-14, but it sounds like you still have some bitterness.

Columbia

when is the last time you left East Knoxville for a HS football game????

ever visited Cleveland? McMinn Co?

they actually have room for the whole team to fit.

I did hear that AE has 20 returning starters...that worries me a bit more than your rat hole locker room.

congrats to Goose Manning #5 Owls....that boy has earned everything that has happened to him & everything that will happen to him

glad to see his brother (Drew) making plays as well....keep it up boys :flower:

I don't know when you visited Austin-East, but the field is far from being a "dirt track." The playing surface is in great condition. Austin-East's field looks better than Ooltewah's field looked last year... not that Ooltewah's field was bad, but Austin-East's field is in great condition right now.

Btw... I could not find a 62-14, but it sounds like you still have some bitterness.

No, not any bitterness at all! I do think we got our team parka's stolen though??? I seen the field last season during the Brainerd and A-E game! I dont know what you consider nice but it looked rough and the facilities were below par!

Columbia

when is the last time you left East Knoxville for a HS football game????

ever visited Cleveland? McMinn Co?

they actually have room for the whole team to fit.

I did hear that AE has 20 returning starters...that worries me a bit more than your rat hole locker room.

congrats to Goose Manning #5 Owls....that boy has earned everything that has happened to him & everything that will happen to him

glad to see his brother (Drew) making plays as well....keep it up boys :flower:

I leave East Knoxville for a High School football game everytime Austin-East does not play at home.

I never disputed that the visitor locker room was not small. I will give you "awful" visitor locker room, but not "awful" facilities.

Austin-East doesn't have 20 returning starters, but they do have a lot of starters and significant contributors returning... the junior class is loaded.

No, not any bitterness at all! I do think we got our team parka's stolen though??? I seen the field last season during the Brainerd and A-E game! I dont know what you consider nice but it looked rough and the facilities were below par!

Take a look at the CoachT photo gallery; there are pictures from 2008 of Austin-East vs Stone Memorial, 2007 Austin-East vs Carter (JV game). At the following link, there are pictures of Austin-East vs Brainard and Fulton in 2009: http://www.aesports.net/AE%20Phots.htm

Austin-East's field was in good condition for the entire 2009 season. They do have bermuda grass, which turns brown early, but it wasn't brown in the Brainard game. I don't know why you would refer to it as a "dirt track with a blade of grass here and there." That statement is so far from the truth.

Austin-East's fieldhouse and weightroom are nice also. In May 2009, Austin-East hosted Rivals 2009 TN Varsity .com Combine. High school football players from all over the state travelled to Austin-East and used their facilities during this combine. If the facilities were "awful" or "below par," Rivals would not have chosen Austin-East as the host site.

Isn't there a game to be played???????? :shock: What about the match ups:Owls o-line against A-E D-line etc.etc....,can Ooltewah handle all that speed on both sides of the ball? Can Ooltewah get to the field on time? :roflol: (had to throw that in there). I want some predictions......On paper A-E should win by 2 tds,so I'm on the fence with this one.

Edited by VOID70

everybody may be surprised! the little ole Owls may travel up the highway and get a big win! i love the fact that this team is close to one another and they dont read chat boards or news clippings! might just be a good thing!!! go ahead Goose show em how a fighter plays! this young man can will his team to a victory!