THE Top 10 Team in Middle Tennessee

gomab2

I'm going against convention, but the best team last year in the Midstate (even above my boys from Stratford), was Father Ryan, and I will give them the benefit of doubt this year as well...........

1)Father Ryan (D-II)--Great Coaching. Great Defense. Deep. Outside Shooting. All played on successful AAU Team. 'Nuff said...

2)Giles Co (AA)--Perimeter combo of Smith, Shannon, Gentry, and Howard, along with post Fletcher...

3)Maplewood (AAA)--Great Coaching. Combo of Gardner and Taylor...

4)McGavock (AAA)--Good returning Nucleus, including PG Price...

5)Brentwood Academy (D-II)--Returns everyone, plus Diaper Dandy Brandon Wright. Great Coach in Pitts...

6)Columbia (AAA)--Backcourt of Williams and Brown. Youth of Walker, Enyard, and Carter...

7)Oakland (AAA)--They will win District, and will compete for State bid. King always wins games...

8)Hillsboro (AAA)--Russell, Sanders give Hillsboro best team they've had in years...

9)Antioch (AAA)--Could be higher with Sr Donny See. Still frontline of 6'8, 6'7, 6'6 with G Richardson...

10)David Lipscomb (AA)--Great program, coaching with G McPherson, F Stephen...

High Honerable Mention:

Brentwood

Shelbyville

Riverdale

Whites Creek

Clarksville NE

Blackman

Honorable Mention:

Hendersonville

Kenwood

MLK

Smyrna

Glencliff

Stratford

LaVergne

Lebanon

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Page will be okay this year. They lost a lot from last year. Adam Brock was a great player, but Anton Bailey may have been just as important to the team, with his long arms, great defense, and athletic ability. David Walker was also solid, and his presence will be missed. Page does have a nice sophomore tandem of 6'5 Jason Brock and 6'4 Gary Vaughn to go with the outstanding Evans, so they will contend for 2nd place in the district with Marshall Co (behind Giles Co)......