Polk vs McMinn Central

Polk04

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central best hope Coach Davis has forgotten all the trash talking of the last few years. Polk will win by as many as he lets them.

The good news for the Chargers is that they have been pretty good stopping the run. They have been tested in the secondary. I agree it will be tough with the Polk boys size up front as the game goes on, but I am going out on a limb to say that this game will be closer at the half than everyone may think.

The good news for the Chargers is that they have been pretty good stopping the run. They have been tested in the secondary. I agree it will be tough with the Polk boys size up front as the game goes on, but I am going out on a limb to say that this game will be closer at the half than everyone may think.

i hope you are right.... i just want to see the chargers come out and play hard...if you can't get fired up to play polk co your wood is wet.

Size does not always matter, tales alot of heart and determination along with a WHOLE lot of other things. But with two blowouts its hard to believe you can beat let alone play with another team. The only thing the chargers have in theri corner at this point is the 411 rivalry, if this is a blow out, they will be down and out, not able to get up off the canvus and make the next corner for the next round.

Size does not always matter, tales alot of heart and determination along with a WHOLE lot of other things. But with two blowouts its hard to believe you can beat let alone play with another team. The only thing the chargers have in theri corner at this point is the 411 rivalry, if this is a blow out, they will be down and out, not able to get up off the canvus and make the next corner for the next round.

They will need to stop J Allen to have a chance.

Edited by theplaymaker

The coaches at Central will have to come up with a game plan and actually motivate the players. It can be done but its un-likely because they dont know how to motivate the players. We will see Friday night if they can pull off the upset of the year.

The coaches at Central will have to come up with a game plan and actually motivate the players. It can be done but its un-likely because they dont know how to motivate the players. We will see Friday night if they can pull off the upset of the year.

I am having trouble figuring it out playmaker. It is obvious that you are not a fan of the coaching staff and you are intitled to your opinion. I tend to disagree with your assessment though. The hardest thing about coaching high school ball is not motivation. Why would you have to motivate a group of teenagers and better yet how?

Do you scream at em' cause I sure know after playing my guts out two fridays in a row, then losing big, I don't need a continuous tongue lashing. I am sure the coaching staff is trying to just focus on all that is positive in order to keep the kids from getting too down.

I think the kids are playing hard - just a lot of younger kids on the field. If you say it does not matter, your wrong. There are good players that are freshmen and sophmores, but on a high school football team more than three to four on the field at one time may be too much.

Just out of curiosity playmaker, if you were coaching this team, what method of motivation would you use for this team?

I am curious playmaker. How would you motivate the players since you say the coaches do not??? Not as easy as one would think, to get up each week for every game, sum way more emotional that others but I would like to know why u think the coaches do not know how to motivate players.

A player has to believe in themselves first before they can believe in anything else and loseing is a hard thing to change.

IMO there were four automatic losses for MC before the year even began (mcminn, cleve., polk, and alcoa). i dont think motivation is the issue here.

Well sometimes you are dealt the cards before you ever get to the table. Coaches inherit schedules and make them with best interest to make their programs better if not at first definately in the long run.

Going out on a limb with McMinn and maybe Cleveland. No question about Alcoa that hopefully will be night to just stay safe. But Polk, they have nothing to fear from a repeated stand point. The shoe was on the other foot just a couple of years ago.

Edited by PUMMELKING