Sequoyah Chiefs vs Meigs County Tigers

dumdum

No chance for Meigs..... Seq 20 Meigs 6

Hey Whistle76, Where do you see the big advantage in Seq. ---- Special team--off.--def. ? I know Meigs has not looked to good the last couple of weeks, but Seq. lost to Scott co and beat tellico, but thats not saying a lot this year. I haven't had a chance to see seq. , except for the jamboree is why i ask.Meigs lost to Greenback(and they just beat pigeon forge)and lost to a 6a Cumberland.

Edited by allwaysright

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Whistle76, Where do you see the big advantage in Seq. ---- Special team--off.--def. ? I know Meigs has not looked to good the last couple of weeks, but Seq. lost to Scott co and beat tellico, but thats not saying a lot this year. I haven't had a chance to see seq. , except for the jamboree is why i ask.Meigs lost to Greenback(and they just beat pigeon forge)and lost to a 6a Cumberland.

First, I'm a Chief fan, and I would be the first to say that Meigs impressed me more than any team at the Jamboree (compared to how they finished last season). They are big and they hung with Lenoir City. Hands down best improvement overall, only to dumb founded when I heard the Greenback score, so I was still wondering what is going on in Decatur until you explain they didnt have their best on the field all the time. I guess my next question is, are they in shape for a full game? All of the predictions may be based on the fact that we scrimmaged Cumberland in our spring game and had a good outcome.

First, I'm a Chief fan, and I would be the first to say that Meigs impressed me more than any team at the Jamboree (compared to how they finished last season). They are big and they hung with Lenoir City. Hands down best improvement overall, only to dumb founded when I heard the Greenback score, so I was still wondering what is going on in Decatur until you explain they didnt have their best on the field all the time. I guess my next question is, are they in shape for a full game? All of the predictions may be based on the fact that we scrimmaged Cumberland in our spring game and had a good outcome.

Yes 9 of the 11 are in shape. The recent problems are fixed. and as far as greenback goes they are ranked #4 in the state. IT will be a good game.

No defense and an unproven QB. In that offense they have to have a QB who can run and throw. Im not saying he wont be better by the end of the season but he is not there yet. Seq is experienced, not great but experienced. that goes a long way this early in the season. JMO

No defense and an unproven QB. In that offense they have to have a QB who can run and throw. Im not saying he wont be better by the end of the season but he is not there yet. Seq is experienced, not great but experienced. that goes a long way this early in the season. JMO

I think the Def. will be alot better this week. The QB has taken some lumps and made bad decisions, but i hope he will be better this week. At this point i would just like to see a good game.

Yes 9 of the 11 are in shape. The recent problems are fixed. and as far as greenback goes they are ranked #4 in the state. IT will be a good game.

Well from all i can gather, if they have went with their best 11 on the field they might still be a learning curve for them to get going, young qb still learning the reads, and as a previous poster said this is a very experienced Seqouyah team, so experience goes a long way. I still thinks its very funny that people said we lost to a very bad Scott County team, they are very wrong! Scott County has a good passing game, good wr, good tb and big lineman, they really are a solid team. Yes we beat a young Tellico team, and we did really let up on the Bears, could have been worse. I know you are hoping for a competitive game, Seqouyah 31, Meigs 13.

Both teams looking to get a jump ahead in the District race, who do ya like in this one and why?

Meigs County: New coach + new offense + new defense + young team = rough year

The important thing for the Tigers is to seek for improvement with each game this year.

First home game for Meigs should be an incentive. Beating Sequoyah for these youngsters

would be nice.

I know Meigs is struggling right now ,but "Calling off the dogs" on tellico is not a precurser for beating poor old meigs? Seq. was tested in week 0 and failed, week 1 beat a down tellico team without their best RB. I just dont understand the prediction of a landslide victory. Meigs has played two good teams and failed (big time) we had 75 yards penaltys the first game and 100 in the second. IF we can stop the self inflicted wounds this will be a close game .

I know Meigs is struggling right now ,but "Calling off the dogs" on tellico is not a precurser for beating poor old meigs? Seq. was tested in week 0 and failed, week 1 beat a down tellico team without their best RB. I just dont understand the prediction of a landslide victory. Meigs has played two good teams and failed (big time) we had 75 yards penaltys the first game and 100 in the second. IF we can stop the self inflicted wounds this will be a close game

always right u should think about changing your name to always wrong. simply because tellicos o dell was not having any effect at all on the game when he was in. Sequoyah called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter the game could have been alot worse for tellico not downing tellico.. BUT Sequoyah beat greenback an cumberland county SEQuoyah 39 meigs 12