Columbia at Tullahoma

binns37388

There's no doubt Tullahoma is in the drivers seat to win the District 8AAA football championship for 2010. Two really good football teams. Tullahoma won the first half, Columbia won the second half and then the Cats scored on 4th and 15 and made the two pt conversion for the win after Columbia scored first in overtime. I think this is the most exciting game I've ever seen with Tullahoma winning and I've been following the Wildcats since 1962. A tough loss for Columbia, but the Lions showed what makes them a championship caliber team with their second half effort. I'm real proud of the coaches and especially the players for such a gutty performance. Tullahoma is now 2-1 on the season and 1-0 in district play. Its the Coffee Pot game next week at Wilkins stadium, so the Cats can't afford a let down. Even though its not a district game, its an inter-county rivalry and I'm sure Tullahoma will get Coffee Co's best effort. Columbia was ranked #2 in the state and with the game being on tv through out the midstate, the Cats got some good recognition and might be ranked next week. One of the Cats best players was injured in the first half, Jordan Sheffield, but all indications are that he will be ready to play next week.

Scott, Binns, great call on the radio tonight. I was streaming on line down here just outside of Houston, and was yelling 2 as soon as I heard Touchdown. From the call it sounded like the same fake field goal we practiced everyday in practice. I can't recall ever seeing it in a game, but I guess situations like these you pull out everything. Congrats Coach Olive and the Cats on a big time win.

Binns, the last game I can remember won on the last play by Tullahoma was in 2000 (I think) against Antioch in that same endzone.