Columbia at Tullahoma

binns37388

Columbia has a good football team and will do well the rest of the season. Their O-line and D-line took charge in the second half. The big RBs were hard for an undersized Tull Defense to bring down. Too much talk about "what ifs". Doesn't matter, Tull deserved the win. Columbia will bounce back and will be a tough opponent for those still on their schedule and in the playoffs.

NCS -- Dont act like Columbia gave Tullahoma this game. You must have forgot about the whistle that was blown in the first half that cost Tullahoma a touchdown. Such a good play the refs thought the running back had the ball but all along the QB had it on a sweep. Would have been 20-0 instead of 13-0 at the half. Give credit where credit is due.....Two great teams that played a great game that came down to the last play of the game. High School Football at it's best. :thumb:

Coach Olige and staff do a great job every year getting the most out of their kids and they do it with class. I must say that i did not see the play you are talking about in the first half. I did see #7 drop the game winning TD late that would have won the game for the Lions. The Wildcats won the game on the great fake call which was executed perfectly.

Wildcatdad........T'town had the better team last night! What an amazing game! Kudos to the O'line, they played much better than they did against Blackman! I really enjoyed the game last night. I think it may be the best high school game I have ever seen. What some guts going for two and the win! I think that was the only way Tullahoma was going to win that game at that moment. It appeared Columbia's size was starting to show and it also took everyone by surprise. Heck, how many teams have that play in their playbook the second week of the season. It appears T'town controls their own destiny now but don't overlook some of the other teams in the district. Shelbyville appears they may be for real this year but who knows, they looked good last year until Giles County crushed them. Lawrence County appears to be another sleeping giant! They struggled at Columbia in week 0 and for the first half against Giles Co. last week and then they totally went off the second half. That game could have gotten very ugly if not for a bad call for roughing the passer and a fumble. We will find out more about the L'burg boys after tonights game with Lincoln County. Tullahoma does have that home field advantage for that showdown the final game of the season. That win last night could set up something special there. Time will tell. One question; if Columbia, Tullahoma and Lawrenceburg beat up on each other and all have the one loss to each other, how would they determine the champion? Who knows, that could happen! Congrates to the Tullahoma Wildcats!!

Wildcatdad........T'town had the better team last night! What an amazing game! Kudos to the O'line, they played much better than they did against Blackman! I really enjoyed the game last night. I think it may be the best high school game I have ever seen. What some guts going for two and the win! I think that was the only way Tullahoma was going to win that game at that moment. It appeared Columbia's size was starting to show and it also took everyone by surprise. Heck, how many teams have that play in their playbook the second week of the season. It appears T'town controls their own destiny now but don't overlook some of the other teams in the district. Shelbyville appears they may be for real this year but who knows, they looked good last year until Giles County crushed them. Lawrence County appears to be another sleeping giant! They struggled at Columbia in week 0 and for the first half against Giles Co. last week and then they totally went off the second half. That game could have gotten very ugly if not for a bad call for roughing the passer and a fumble. We will find out more about the L'burg boys after tonights game with Lincoln County. Tullahoma does have that home field advantage for that showdown the final game of the season. That win last night could set up something special there. Time will tell. One question; if Columbia, Tullahoma and Lawrenceburg beat up on each other and all have the one loss to each other, how would they determine the champion? Who knows, that could happen! Congrates to the Tullahoma Wildcats!!

That play has been in the play book for the past 12 years. I do believe that is the first time I can remember it being run. I'm more used to the fake punts being run than the fake field goals.

D8AAA your a good sport. You are also so right when you say at that point that was the only way Tullahoma was going to pull it out. #30 is a beast and he was wearing us down. Supper gutsy play calling by Head Coach John Olive.In responce to your question about the tie, im just hoping Tullahoma wins out and we want have to worry about that.

Could someone give me a recap of the second half and overtime.

The clock keeper ran a bunch of time off the clock is what I seen. One of the comentators even said they should have put the clock back to at least 46 seconds at one time. Then when the Columbia QB threw ball out of bounds they ran another 2 seconds off. If there had not been so much time ran off of the clock, Columbia would have ran a TD with #30 and Tullahoma would be crying in their paws. I do not see Tullahoma winning their district! That is a bold statement considering the company they are in!!!

The clock keeper ran a bunch of time off the clock is what I seen. One of the comentators even said they should have put the clock back to at least 46 seconds at one time. Then when the Columbia QB threw ball out of bounds they ran another 2 seconds off. If there had not been so much time ran off of the clock, Columbia would have ran a TD with #30 and Tullahoma would be crying in their paws. I do not see Tullahoma winning their district! That is a bold statement considering the company they are in!!!

the time keeper was running seconds off the clock when tullahoma had the ball too

i agree the time was kept very badly threw out the whole game but thats in all high school games

tullahoma won because they had the balls to go for two in overtime

Edited by mjuhb