South Panola @ MUS

BigSneaky

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

39-2 South Panola

Over 500 yds of offense for the Tigers. Under 50 for the Owls. Clock ran most of the 2nd half and no SP skills saw the field after the first 2 minutes of the 2nd half. Very few starters played at all the 2nd half.

I don't think I've ever seen a 37 pt win before where I could say the score didn't adequately convey how 1-sided it was, this was it. SP could have put up 70 if they'd wanted to and the clock hadn't run all half.

Having said that, I don't think MUS is that bad. They're still a solid, fundamental squad that will win their share. Being outmanned happens to everybody at some point.

The only thing that could have been worse for MUS...........is if they would of had to travel 400 miles to Blount County for that BEAT DOWN! :roflol::roflolk::roflol:

REAL tn football is in the EAST!

Edited by BCsportsfan

The only thing that could have been worse for MUS...........is if they would of had to travel 400 miles to Blount County for that BEAT DOWN! :roflol::roflolk::roflol:

REAL tn football is in the EAST!

There is a phrase for this kind of stuff in Texas: "Big hat, no cattle."

Until the REAL team in the EAST plays a competitive DII team, we will never know.

There is a phrase for this kind of stuff in Texas: "Big hat, no cattle."

Until the REAL team in the EAST plays a competitive DII team, we will never know.

Until a competitive DII ever comes to Blount County the home of 22 championships and plays...........uh, maybe you DO know what would happen!! :roflol:

Alcoa has beat every DII team and teams that are NOW DII the last 21 years!

Only BA beat Alcoa 23-12 way back in 1988! The nationally ranked and undefeated Alcoa team returned the favor in 1989! :thumb:

There's a phrase in East Tn too............"flat landers no good in football!"

39-2 South Panola

Over 500 yds of offense for the Tigers. Under 50 for the Owls. Clock ran most of the 2nd half and no SP skills saw the field after the first 2 minutes of the 2nd half. Very few starters played at all the 2nd half.

I don't think I've ever seen a 37 pt win before where I could say the score didn't adequately convey how 1-sided it was, this was it. SP could have put up 70 if they'd wanted to and the clock hadn't run all half.

Having said that, I don't think MUS is that bad. They're still a solid, fundamental squad that will win their share. Being outmanned happens to everybody at some point.

MUS ran into someone who solicits players as well as they do.....S.Panola just had more than they did this year. Dont count MUS out though as they will continue to recruit good talent!

MUS ran into someone who solicits players as well as they do.....S.Panola just had more than they did this year. Dont count MUS out though as they will continue to recruit good talent!

Name a "solicited" player at South Panola....not just on the current team...ever.

Same last names that have been going to South Panola schools for generations. Same typical flippant, unsubstantiated comment that I'd expect from a public school fan that both hates private schools and everything about them as well as any school that has a program that wins more than their school. Can't think of any Trojans in North Mississippi that would have an SP chip on their shoulder. Surely not from Bruce. You clearly aren't an SBEC supporter....at least I wouldn't think so. Let me guess...Millington? Not sure why you'd care if so, but I can't think of any others around here. Correct me if my assessment is wrong.

As for MUS, I don't know what they do. I don't know what the rules are or if they break them. I can say I have such respect for the standards of that school and the mission to prepare kids for college in a HIGH stress, incredibly demanding academic environment the whole athletics anger thing just doesn't filter through for me so it's probably best I just don't tackle that particular subject. As far as I know you could be completely justified or completely unjustified to comment. You might not even be accusing them of doing anything wrong...don't want to put words in your mouth. I just know it's a great school.

Name a "solicited" player at South Panola....not just on the current team...ever.

Same last names that have been going to South Panola schools for generations. Same typical flippant, unsubstantiated comment that I'd expect from a public school fan that both hates private schools and everything about them as well as any school that has a program that wins more than their school. Can't think of any Trojans in North Mississippi that would have an SP chip on their shoulder. Surely not from Bruce. You clearly aren't an SBEC supporter....at least I wouldn't think so. Let me guess...Millington? Not sure why you'd care if so, but I can't think of any others around here. Correct me if my assessment is wrong.

As for MUS, I don't know what they do. I don't know what the rules are or if they break them. I can say I have such respect for the standards of that school and the mission to prepare kids for college in a HIGH stress, incredibly demanding academic environment the whole athletics anger thing just doesn't filter through for me so it's probably best I just don't tackle that particular subject. As far as I know you could be completely justified or completely unjustified to comment. You might not even be accusing them of doing anything wrong...don't want to put words in your mouth. I just know it's a great school.

Classy post...probably more pearls before swine stuff, but you do make good points.

Do any here think that Alcoa would've faired any better against South Panola?

Yes. I told everybody that MUS didn't stand a chance against S. Panola this year. Last year's MUS team was awesome and would've beaten Alcoa easily. Not this year. S. Panola would still beat Alcoa this year, but it would be a lot closer than 39-2.

39-2 is obviously not a what MUS fans had hoped for but kudos to them for taking on the #1 team in the rivals .com national rankings. I believe the expression goes, "nothing ventured, nothing gained". At least the players at MUS can say that they stepped up to the challenge and gave it their best shot.

Alot closer? I think you're not giving South Panola enough credit and Alcoa too much. South Panola has blown out COlquitt COunty, Petal, and MUS. All top 10 teams, I honestly think the result would be the same if USP lined up against Alcoa. MUS probably has the best Oline in the state, but they were manhandled. No team in Tennessee with the exception of maybe Brentwood Academy or Oakland could really compete with USP.