Week 2

MVM

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey akula21, you can delete all but the larger one, since that is the one Wired wanted. Thanks! I do want to be civil and helpful as well. I am learning new stuff too.

Did I catch them all?, if not please advise and let me know? I actually love to participate in discussions, but moderating is not fun at all

Did I catch them all?, if not please advise and let me know? I actually love to participate in discussions, but moderating is not fun at all

I love the under dog and find it easy to have no jealousy in praising someone elses child or team as i'm sure you have noticed. Appreciate all of your advice and education on how the world works and I'm sure that I will be entertained to say the least over the next few years as "we" all continue to be educated togethor. Posts were all great and appreciated.

OTP - excellent post and I'm glad you reposted it.

What I had hoped to add was that many parents, myself included, seem to have a hard time accepting the sometimes large chasm that exists between U12 sports and U18 sports. We fail to appreciate the physical and mental differences. Some kids simply mature quicker AND the fields are smaller at the younger age. Bodies change. Desires change. Moods changes. Interests change.

History is littered with little league all-stars who never became what some thought they would. Parents too often start making plans and dreams while their child is tearing up the youth leagues and fail to appreciate the changes that are going on around the young player and other players around them.

We seem to especially have a hard time accepting the fact that some kids get better and some don't. It's hard to recognize that the player that your child used to dominate got bigger, stronger and faster and/or works harder.

In essence, some folks want to forget that everything rolls back to zero at the start of high school. It rolls back to zero again should the player move on to play in college.

I could go on, but I appreciated your post.

Do losing parents ever not think officiating was iffy?

No. Blame must be assigned. Referees get it first as a rule because they are at best half right, and half wrong. Sometimes the coaches will be blamed, never the players. Always the referee. Yes that must be the culprit. Losing parents have perfect understanding of the game and everything that should be called or not called. ROFL.

Edited by socref1

No. Blame must be assigned. Referees get it first as a rule because they are at best half right, and half wrong. Sometimes the coaches will be blamed, never the players. Always the referee. Yes that must be the culprit. Losing parents have perfect understanding of the game and everything that should be called or not called. ROFL.

Only half right? Does that mean we'd be just as well off to flip a coin for calls?

OTP - excellent post and I'm glad you reposted it.

What I had hoped to add was that many parents, myself included, seem to have a hard time accepting the sometimes large chasm that exists between U12 sports and U18 sports. We fail to appreciate the physical and mental differences. Some kids simply mature quicker AND the fields are smaller at the younger age. Bodies change. Desires change. Moods changes. Interests change.

History is littered with little league all-stars who never became what some thought they would. Parents too often start making plans and dreams while their child is tearing up the youth leagues and fail to appreciate the changes that are going on around the young player and other players around them.

We seem to especially have a hard time accepting the fact that some kids get better and some don't. It's hard to recognize that the player that your child used to dominate got bigger, stronger and faster and/or works harder.

In essence, some folks want to forget that everything rolls back to zero at the start of high school. It rolls back to zero again should the player move on to play in college.

I could go on, but I appreciated your post.

And then every now and then we are surprised, and old beliefs are proven to be wrong, partially wrong, or just different. All through history things change, dominant NFL clubs rise and fall, The bulls slip from being champs, coachs leave one college in search of greener pastures, and from no where a new athlete rises on the scene and we find ourselves asking. "where did that guy come from" . Heard every reason not to believe someone can be successful, I hope everyone of the kids we coach, our kids, or friends kids make it. Which making it simply by definition can mean many things depending on the individual. Greatness, has many different meanings as well, and to me it means that one has exceeded their original expectations whatever they may be. Yes, you are right but there are many obstacles in life and to those that can find their way through, I say Great...!!! I watch the Olympics not to tell anyone one what I don't think the athlete can do or how hard its is going to be for them to win their event. I watch the Olympics in hopes that some how some way something amazing that an athlete has worked long and hard for will be accomplished and when it happens, how great it is for them and for all of us who had the joy and priveledge of watching such a great thing unfold in front of our eyes. Yes, all old hi-school athetes, all old college athletes, all parents whom have walked their child through the process understand the challenges, and although all of this is true, I have still seen the athlete that surprised everyone, even as a freshman in hi-school, and a freshman in college, and the first year professional, even though their are many examples of the opposite. So again, I appreciate the posts as well and encourage we warn everyone of the challenges ahead in case their is someone that doesn't know these things.