Farragut v. Catholic

STARPOWER2

"Just another in a long line of reasons why the larger schools should not be forced into having to play smaller schools and why the T$$AA relignment is a major fail."

Catholic is a different case. They are a school of 500-600 that chooses to play in Division I, despite the fact that they are private.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just another in a long line of reasons why the larger schools should not be forced into having to play smaller schools and why the T$$AA relignment is a major fail."

Catholic is a different case. They are a school of 500-600 that chooses to play in Division I, despite the fact that they are private.

The multiplier plus Catholic's added enrollment forced the jump to 5A/3A

Is Catholic a Public School? If so... why the name, is it religous or an area?

Knoxville Catholic is a private school. 5 years ago the opportunity to move to Division I (public school) came up so Catholic and Notre Dame moved up. Catholic is the only private school in triple A. Because it's a private school the TSSAA put a 1.9 multiplier. KCHS has 600 students the multiplier takes the enrollment up to 1140 or so.

I'll be interested to see if Farragut makes any changes in moving players around a little bit. Affter 2 games it should be evident at this point if players aren't cutting it.

I'll be amazed if this staff ever gets players in the correct position. Do they watch the tapes?

#2 Perez has been the best athlete on the field in each of the last 2 games, yet he gets virtually no touches against Catholic. Just one week after he burned Oak Ridge from the "Wild Admiral", this staff doesn't attempt it once against a team less athletic than Oak Ridge.

Furthermore, it took nearly four quarters to get #14 Johnson involved in the offense. Perez and Johnson were easily the 2 best athletes on the field, yet #4 Rule and #3 Hudson get all the touches. Just imagine the impact Perez and Johnson would have if they were involved offensively from play one. They both possess breakaway speed and VISION, Hudson quite simply does not. Hudson is NOT a TB!

What about game/time management? Nearing the end of the first half, Rule broke a long run which resulted in a first down. Farragut then burned a timeout. WHY!!? The first down stopped the clock! Why waste a timeout in that situation? A couple of plays later, Rule broke another long run to the Catholic 5, but there was no timeout available to stop the clock. Scoring opportunity wasted!

I don't understand this staff. Don't they want to win? If they don't wake up and put their ATHLETES in the offensive backfield, the defense will continue to spend too much time on the field.

Edited by Former44

I agree with your observations 100%. One of these weeks someone will figure out that Perez and Johnson are your RBs and Hudson should be on defense. In addition, it seemed they ran the same plays in all critical situations. In the second half Catholic knew what offensive play was coming on 3rd or 4th down because they saw it in the first half. It would seem that if you have a QB that is not known for throwing the ball effectively and have to rely on a running game, you need to mix up your ground game with some creativity.....end around, RB option pass, something different than running off tackle play after play.

Unless the offensive gets a little more creative and keeps the defensive off the field a lot more.....well Riverdale, Maryville, & Bearden,,,,,,, you can guess what the result will be and it will not be close.

I'll be amazed if this staff ever gets players in the correct position. Do they watch the tapes?

#2 Perez has been the best athlete on the field in each of the last 2 games, yet he gets virtually no touches against Catholic. Just one week after he burned Oak Ridge from the "Wild Admiral", this staff doesn't attempt it once against a team less athletic than Oak Ridge.

Furthermore, it took nearly four quarters to get #14 Johnson involved in the offense. Perez and Johnson were easily the 2 best athletes on the field, yet #4 Rule and #3 Hudson get all the touches. Just imagine the impact Perez and Johnson would have if they were involved offensively from play one. They both possess breakaway speed and VISION, Hudson quite simply does not. Hudson is NOT a TB!

What about game/time management? Nearing the end of the first half, Rule broke a long run which resulted in a first down. Farragut then burned a timeout. WHY!!? The first down stopped the clock! Why waste a timeout in that situation? A couple of plays later, Rule broke another long run to the Catholic 5, but there was no timeout available to stop the clock. Scoring opportunity wasted!

I don't understand this staff. Don't they want to win? If they don't wake up and put their ATHLETES in the offensive backfield, the defense will continue to spend too much time on the field.

It's been that way for awhile now... at least since I can remember. I've been saying it for years now as well. They just simply don't make changes.. or if they do, it's way too late to make a difference. Then the next game they go right back to what they were doing before, instead of keeping the changes... Why do you think we always lose in the playoffs by more pts than when we originally played the team in the regular season... in most cases of course. And yes, we do beat teams in the playoffs that we already played in the regular season, but those teams are usually inferior anyways. I am talking about when we play a better team again. The outcome is usually worse.. Because we go in with the exact same gameplan, and the opposing coaches know it.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz