District 9AA AND 10AA

papadoc

You honestly think White House is better than CPA, Maplewood, and East Lit? What a joke. That's like saying Greenbrier is gonna win state... RIDICULOUS

anything's possible at this point! I should have said posing with their state championship golden ball. You shouldn't have a team if you're not shooting for and believing in that!!

Living in Sumner County, I like to keep a close eye on the local and surrounding athletics. Based off returning players and what I've seen during the summer tournaments, these are the conclusions I've come to:

9AA

.White House looks like the clear favorite in 9AA. They shoot A LOT, but they shoot VERY WELL. They also have a couple of really strong post players. They're going to be tough to beat in 9AA.

.Sycamore is getting a lot of hype this year. I'm not exactly sure why people are expecting so much from them. I see them finishing 2nd in that district.

.Greenbrier will struggle after losing Bradshaw. They might even finish last in 9AA. Didn't get to watch them at all this summer, however.

.Macon County plays as hard as any team I saw this summer. Their talent is very limited, but they play hard and shoot decently. They should give Sycamore a challenge for 2nd place in 9AA.

.I didn't get to see Goodpasture play at all, but I'm not expecting much from them

.Westmoreland is Westmoreland. They will best Sycamore one night, then lose to Greenbrier the next.

10AA

.CPA and Maplewood should duke it out to see who comes on top in 10AA this year. Bradshaw is the big time scorer for CPA, but I think Maplewood's overall talent is FAR superior to that of CPA. If Bradshaw can dominate in the games against Maplewood, CPA will win 10AA. But if Maplewood can contain Bradshaw, which I think they can, Maplewood will run away with the district.

.East Lit will be strong, much like last year. They are alot like Maplewood, except a little smaller. Expect them to finish 3rd, maybe even 2nd in 10AA

.Hume-Fogg might be the biggest surprise in 10AA. They have some BIG post players and they feed the ball to the post almost every time down the court. I saw this team more than any other this summer.

.I don't expect much from D.L. this season. They just don't have the athletes to compete in this district/region.

.Unfortunately, I didn't see the remaining teams in this district this summer. I'm not expecting much from them, however.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it come down to White House and Maplewood in this region. Maplewood has the athletes and size, but if I had to pick a winner, I'd say WH. Their shooting really is LETHAL. If the shots are falling at the right time and if they can feed it into the post when its open, look for WH to make a run for state.

Not hatin good HIGH SCHOOL player. Theres no way he played point guard or even the 2 or 3 he cant even walk and chew gum. Thats my point there is no 5'10 post from westmoreland he can pick on in college which is the position he plays. On the next level he would play bigger players who would work him. I played against him last year and he was the 4 who couldnt shoot or dribble ask anybody with a non-biased opinion.

Yea ur obviously someone who guarded rob and he dropped 25+ on u, man just hush just like everyone else said u clearly dont know what ur tlking about..if he couldnt shoot or dribble i dont think he would have gotten any offers and as i recall i remember him hitting several game winning jump shots...dont think you give a ball to someone who cant shoot or dribble in tht situation just quit hatin man or just learn what you talking about

Yea ur obviously someone who guarded rob and he dropped 25+ on u, man just hush just like everyone else said u clearly dont know what ur tlking about..if he couldnt shoot or dribble i dont think he would have gotten any offers and as i recall i remember him hitting several game winning jump shots...dont think you give a ball to someone who cant shoot or dribble in tht situation just quit hatin man or just learn what you talking about

Poindexter was a very good high school player, but how many colleges have a 6'1'' post player? Not many. He lacks the size to play at the next level. From what I have seen over the past few years, he isn't a great shooter from outside or a great ball handler. He was great around the basket but just too small for college. But like i said, he was a very good high school player. And i wish him the best and i hope he proves me and the rest of the "haters" wrong :D

Well he went 25+ three times last year. So the chances are slim.

Edited by wariors24

Poindexter was a very good high school player, but how many colleges have a 6'1'' post player? Not many. He lacks the size to play at the next level. From what I have seen over the past few years, he isn't a great shooter from outside or a great ball handler. He was great around the basket but just too small for college. But like i said, he was a very good high school player. And i wish him the best and i hope he proves me and the rest of the "haters" wrong :D

yea thank u soulsurviver ha u make good points but see thats what everyone else isnt understanding he got offers to play GUARD not post .....they not get what im trying to say!!!!