Ooltewah vs Franklin

FatSak

Looking forward to Friday night. Should be a great game and a big hurdle for us Rebels. Rebels look for revenge as we went to Chattanooga last year and took it on the chin. I look for the Rebels to be ready to go defensively this year and we will continue to get better around Matt on the offensive side of the ball. Kicking game was huge last week vs Centennial so the Rebels look to be getting everything on track for our run.

I say Rebels 24 Owls 10 .

Owls will go back to what they know best...I hope! RUN THE BALL, RUN THE BALL, RUN THE BALL, throw play action and play hard-nosed defense! If not they could get run out of the stadium! Long ride over and back!

yes yes yes Big Hairy

pound the rock...this is high school football

I am so tired of seeing this spread crap...it's gimmick

defenses have caught up

All you need is a spread-type QB??? Who is he going to throw it to? Who will block for them? Who will run the ball out of the spread?

Truth is on friday night its gimmick! On saturday its gimmick! On sunday its gimmick! A 2 back offense that runs the ball is much more effective!

Run the ball and hard nosed play defense!

Edited by BigHairyOwl

On some level, every offense is dictated by the people you have running it. A spread QB isn't all you need to run the spread. You need blockers as well as people to catch a pass. But that's true of any offense. But could you run a pass oriented spread with a kid who can't throw? No. Could you run a spread option attack with a QB who carries a 5.6 second pro shuttle time? No. It all plays together. Some offenses cater to some talents. For a two back lead blocker style that it sounds like you are describing, you have to have that lead blocker and a line that can get man on man movement at the line of scrimmage. I would say the spread is just as much a gimmick as the wishbone, run and shoot, pro I, single back zone.... You get my point.

All you need is a spread-type QB??? Who is he going to throw it to? Who will block for them? Who will run the ball out of the spread?

Truth is on friday night its gimmick! On saturday its gimmick! On sunday its gimmick! A 2 back offense that runs the ball is much more effective!

Run the ball and hard nosed play defense!

Not true. It all matter on your personnel. If you have the personnel for a standard I or Ace formation set, then yeah the Spread may not be your thing. But when you have multiple playmakers that are at their getting chunks of yards in space, the Spread can be a very powerful offense for that. People equate Spread with finesse, and that is not always the case.

If the spread is a gimmick, then what does that say that a majority of teams at all levels have some sort of spread package in their playbook? The spread is here to stay whether people like it or not. Its all about the pieces you have on offense, and for the ones that do have it to run the spread, it is very effective, just as effect as any 2 back set, which can be run out of a spread formation too........

Not true. It all matter on your personnel. If you have the personnel for a standard I or Ace formation set, then yeah the Spread may not be your thing. But when you have multiple playmakers that are at their getting chunks of yards in space, the Spread can be a very powerful offense for that. People equate Spread with finesse, and that is not always the case.

If the spread is a gimmick, then what does that say that a majority of teams at all levels have some sort of spread package in their playbook? The spread is here to stay whether people like it or not. Its all about the pieces you have on offense, and for the ones that do have it to run the spread, it is very effective, just as effect as any 2 back set, which can be run out of a spread formation too........

don't try to explain it to him I think he also predicted the owls would win last week 28 to 6

Wrong all u need is a spread type QB and it will work

HA HA HA AH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH.................Ooltewah has had several spread type QB s over the years and it hasnt worked yet!!!!!!!!!! If you aint got no blocking then you could nt run LT or anybody else, Owls line will get better with time kinda like EH whole football team lol. It is what it is...lost one game that Owls got beat up front and now we need to change the whole offense????? Need a new QB RB and coach i guess????!!!! What a joke!!!!! I guess Tyner and AE need to change alot too.

Edited by 2seamfastball