BA vs. Olive Branch

BAEagleFootball

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA will host Olive Branch this year. They were close to beating Olive Branch last year, but had key touchdowns called back. What are your predictions? If BA wins the game, will that establish themselves as the team to beat?

I saw BA's game with OB last year, and you are right, BA mistakes kept them out of the game. In fact, that can sum up BA's 2009 season-too many penalties and key turnovers. This year's team has the chance to special, provided the QB continues to improve and the O line stays healthy. To win a championship takes dealing with success and adversity and the OB game will be an excellent measuring stick. BA will not enjoy the speed advantage in this one that it has in it's other games, so will come down to execution and lack of mistakes. This years SR class is very talented and hungry, I think they are ready. Coach Potter also seems to have buy in from this group, while I think there was some division in teams of past. If I were a betting man, I would take BA in a 10 pt victory.

BA will host Olive Branch this year. They were close to beating Olive Branch last year, but had key touchdowns called back. What are your predictions? If BA wins the game, will that establish themselves as the team to beat?

Brentwood Academy 31 --- Olive Branch, MS 20

-----------------------------------------

I also attended last year's BA -- OB game, played in Mississippi....the refereeing was downright atrocious and significantly influenced the outcome of the game!

BA has a ton of returning starters (from what I've read) and will completely turn the tables on an inexperienced, but good, OB team. The refereeing will likely be a non-factor, this time around.

Brentwood Academy 31 --- Olive Branch, MS 20

-----------------------------------------

I also attended last year's BA -- OB game, played in Mississippi....the refereeing was downright atrocious and significantly influenced the outcome of the game!

BA has a ton of returning starters (from what I've read) and will completely turn the tables on an inexperienced, but good, OB team. The refereeing will likely be a non-factor, this time around.

This game won't be close. Brentwood doesn't have the speed to compete with Olive Branch.

BA is a solid team should be a really good match up

BA 35 Olive Branch 28

OB is my pick.

520 yards of offense last year for OB. A better team than last year as well.

Cocoa was one of the quicked teams I have seen and if they can't put up 28 on this lightening fast defense I don't think anyone else will either.

Everyone saying this game will be a blowout, especially on the Olive Branch side may want to rethink it... The speed issue seems to be Olive Branch's strength and primary factor for those who think they will win. Floyd Elliott, the Defensive Coordinator at BA is a genius. He had a long and successful career at MBA, where he had even less athletic ability than he does at BA. He won several games (Jacksonville Boles in 97, Louisville Trinity 99, Brentwood Academy every year haha) in his tenure at MBA and is used to game planning for a team with less speed or athletic ability than his opponent. I think BA wins this one 35-21, if the defense can execute the game plan.

WHOA, lets keep in mind, OB only put up 7 on a small, but quick Cocoa team also I've heard that Cocoa was less deep than Olive branch as well. BA has the size and the speed to compete with OB, I'm not saying they're better than Cocoa, but this is a pretty good matchup for the Eagles.

Yeah well we had 16 penalities, they had 4. We outgained them in yards. We ran out of time in the first when our center screwed up the snap(we were at the one yard line). We were the first team to score a 4th quarter TD on Cocoa in 4 years. We were extremely dissapointed in the lose and felt like we gave the game away. Our kids have have had two weeks off and they are ready to get some respect.(We are not even ranked in the top 20 in MS). It is crazy because our coach said this team could be the best he has had.

By the way Trader is always going to pick against us. He thought East would beat OB this year and look how that turned out.

Everyone saying this game will be a blowout, especially on the Olive Branch side may want to rethink it... The speed issue seems to be Olive Branch's strength and primary factor for those who think they will win. Floyd Elliott, the Defensive Coordinator at BA is a genius. He had a long and successful career at MBA, where he had even less athletic ability than he does at BA. He won several games (Jacksonville Boles in 97, Louisville Trinity 99, Brentwood Academy every year haha) in his tenure at MBA and is used to game planning for a team with less speed or athletic ability than his opponent. I think BA wins this one 35-21, if the defense can execute the game plan.

It is not just speed it is size and talent. We had nine different kids catch a pass in our last game. Our starting 4 are big too. They are all around 6'3. This size adavantage plus the speed is why we dominated in 7 on 7 over the summer. (We destroyed #USA today's North Gwinnett in their own tournamnet and knocked shiloh christian out of their own tournament and went on to win that one as well)

Our bread and butter is our Defense. Could be as many as 6 guys from the defense sign to play d-1 ball.

Why am I saying all this? Well, yes I am a crazy person but I also feel we have been snubbed this year. I don't want Brentwood Ac fans to down themselves when they lose tomorrow. I know all of the papers are picking BA but I am telling you it isn't going to be close. keep your heads up.