South vs. Gate City. 2010

firstrebel81

East has a top notch running back in #4. He went out with cramps and sealed their fate. East is playing good solid ball and getting better not worse as in the past few years. Our D made some great stops at just the right times.Turn overs hurt both teams. Mark my words East will beat some one they are not supposed to before this year is over. #7s ribs are about back to 100% and we go back to East Thur to do the JV then to to Rye Cove on Friday night. Our starting QB got 12 stiches in his head yesterday from a wake board.

I talk to one of Rye Cove's coaches the other day.He was kidding about setting up a game with us and Greeneville.Do you think you guys can stay on the field with the Cove this year. :motorbike: It's good to hear 7 will be ready, he will make the paper on both sides of the ball before he is done.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talk to one of Rye Cove's coaches the other day.He was kidding about setting up a game with us and Greeneville.Do you think you guys can stay on the field with the Cove this year. :motorbike: It's good to hear 7 will be ready, he will make the paper on both sides of the ball before he is done.

The Cove has already said this is our last game with them.Neither team gets much out of this game. We are about to hit the two biggest games of our season and as our coach noted we get the big head easy.I hear Central has been in contact with the Cove. A lot of the Raider Faithful would love to start up the battle of Wadlow Gap again. We hear both camps are talking. There is a lot of tradition between the Raiders and GC I hope it comes to be.GOOD LUCK Jordon and the rest of the REBELS

GO RAIDERS

ps Batman I'll see you Wed as soon as I get a new pair of shoes

I for one won't get overconfident this week. We need to show we can play mistake free football. I called for execution in the preseason as a prerequisite to success...I am still calling for it. We will get there but it will be one week at a time. We have the tools we just need to make sure we use a hammer on a nail and not a screwdriver. Gate City brings experience to the table. That will be a trump card. Our lack of experience seems to have turned a corner...now we need to climb the mountain. Crucial week for the Rebels state of mind.

Tennessee schools should always beat Virginia schools, especially early in the season. Virginia doesn't allow spring practice and Tennessee allows several scrimmages as compared to 2 for VA schools. That being said, it should be a closer game this year with what we have returning. Hopefully we'll have Clark back full speed this week. He's not the entire team, but having him out there is a major plus. Hopefully both teams will come out of this one healthy. Should be a huge crowd.

Q, I like this game. You people showed some kind of respect last year. I admire your community for standing up for what they believe. This country needs much more of that. Spring drills are usually good for nothing but injuries. And 70% of the regional teams get no more than 2 scrimmages in. The city schools seem to squeeze in 3. Some people call this a money game...I call it a devoted fan game. The Rebel Nation welcomes the Blue Devils to Death Valley. It should be a packed house for a good show. Look forward to having you.

The Cove has already said this is our last game with them.Neither team gets much out of this game. We are about to hit the two biggest games of our season and as our coach noted we get the big head easy.I hear Central has been in contact with the Cove. A lot of the Raider Faithful would love to start up the battle of Wadlow Gap again. We hear both camps are talking. There is a lot of tradition between the Raiders and GC I hope it comes to be.GOOD LUCK Jordon and the rest of the REBELS

GO RAIDERS

ps Batman I'll see you Wed as soon as I get a new pair of shoes

I didn't know if my new Blood pressure meds would hold if needed.

Edited by BatmanDB

Q, I like this game. You people showed some kind of respect last year. I admire your community for standing up for what they believe. This country needs much more of that. Spring drills are usually good for nothing but injuries. And 70% of the regional teams get no more than 2 scrimmages in. The city schools seem to squeeze in 3. Some people call this a money game...I call it a devoted fan game. The Rebel Nation welcomes the Blue Devils to Death Valley. It should be a packed house for a good show. Look forward to having you.

I like it also. I wish it would continue, but I've heard that it won't be renewed. I heard Bluefield, WVA wanted to extend the 2 game series also but haven't heard anymore about that one.

As for the North series starting up again, I'd honestly be surprised after the fiasco that happened that led to the end of the rivalry. Stranger things have happened though. I'd love to see it started back.

We'll see you folks Friday night in Death Valley......hopefully we'll give a much better showing for ourselves this year...lol

Meant to ask this the other night after the Boone game...when South was in the no huddle/hurry up offense it looked to me like the line jugde would not allow the WR to line up wide until the Ref marked the ball for play at which time the WR would then line up wide. Did anyone else notice this and can someone explain...if this is a rule I wasn't aware.

Meant to ask this the other night after the Boone game...when South was in the no huddle/hurry up offense it looked to me like the line jugde would not allow the WR to line up wide until the Ref marked the ball for play at which time the WR would then line up wide. Did anyone else notice this and can someone explain...if this is a rule I wasn't aware.

yes, a rule. WR can not go past past the numbers until the line judge marks ready for play. Keeps teams from "hiding" a WR on the sidelines and throwing long trick play.